F1 2014 Codemasters reveal F1 2014 & 2015 plans

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Codemasters have revealed their game for the 2014 Formula One season, along with their plans for 2015.

The 2014 game will contain all the updates you'd expect, like turbocharged V6 engines and the new liveries.The game also includes refined handling on a pad and a new driver evaluation system that tunes game settings to your skill level to increase accessibility.

Codies' creative director Stephen Hood said “There’s been a dramatic shift in the sport; the largest shake up in the rules and regulations for a very long time and the new power units provide a very different kind of challenge, for both driver and team. By delivering all of these changes, F1 2014 will make for an exciting and refreshingly different experience. Additionally, with the new driver evaluation system analysing each player’s skill level and suggesting appropriate game settings, plus re-graded difficulty levels including a brand new Very Easy setting, we aim to deliver a thoroughly rewarding F1 experience for players of all abilities, from the novice to the seasoned pro.”

There have also been updates to career and scenario mode, however no details have been leaked. F1 2014 will be released on 17th October (21st in north America) on current generation consoles and PC.

The 2015 Codies F1 title will release early next year, and will have live updates throughout the season to keep the game up to date. It will also only be on PC, Xbox One and PS4. This is all we know right know, no other details have been unveiled.

Until any proper gameplay comes out I'm not getting my hopes up about this. The game looks much the same to F1 2013 and the design models don't even look that up to scratch.
Old McLaren front nose, Old Toro Rosso nose and wrong colour. No formation laps either.

I feel like F1 2015 is the real deal here. I will probably still buy 2014 but I hope it's not 40 quid.

This game can do this movement,
2011/12/13 all of them can.
All you need is 3 projectors a rotating table that turns as you turn the wheel,
And some cool camera editing so you turn into the corner as you turn the wheel.
They have the game engine to do this just not the will.

Get the table movement to work
camera edit would be dead easy to do to sync it.
response, speed, distance, recover speed.
Not hard to do at all....

Asus P1M Ultra Light HD Portable LED Projector 400x3 = 1200 yeah I agree.
But imagine the fun doing it.
Get the table to turn with your inputs then sync that on screen...
Would be fun to do and awesome.

This game can do this that's cool to know.

a starter motor connected to a gearing system would do the trick.
It strong enough as long as the weight of the table isn't to heavy.

hydraulic me thinks though.

Asus P1M Ultra Light HD Portable LED Projector 400x3 = 1200 yeah I agree.
But imagine the fun doing it.
Get the table to turn with your inputs then sync that on screen...
Would be fun to do and awesome.

This game can do this that's cool to know.

a starter motor connected to a gearing system would do the trick.
It strong enough as long as the weight of the table isn't to heavy.

hydraulic me thinks though.
you could use servo motors and gyroscope units from Hobby RC

"The 2015 Codies F1 title will release early next year".

Why even bother releasing a by then out of date F1 2014 title then?

Why not use the time on getting the 2015 title as close to perfect as you can.

Why would anyone want to part with full title money for a game that is essentially almost the same as the previous title, and you may have a lifespan of less than six months before a newer version comes along. Should be given as an update really......or have a retail cost of 50% less. :D

Cannot see the logic in releasing this at all really, gives them less time for the next one, which should be the improvement most are hoping for.

287m6gk.jpg

lol wave

• Deleted member 161052

As for those worrrying about sponsors (Martini, Kingfisher etc.), assuming the skins will still be moddable, then that's what our talented modders tend to jump on and fix straight out of the box. So keep you eye on the F1 2014 modding forum :)
Royal Challenge and United Brewery Limited have also been removed

All in all, with all the bugs over the years, I think it is one of, if not the best game out there, for consoles anyway. Don't hate me that I am on a console. lol;) There is so much in logistics compared to other games to get right.

I like GAS, but it is hard to believe the same Co. produced F1 and GAS. F1 has so much superior AI, even with it's glitches here and there.

Last edited:
I "may" be interested when the PS4 version comes out but won't bother on PC. Wheel support needs sorting out for Logitech and Fanatec wheels on PS4 though. Notice how the trailer doesn't promote the car sound. Now why could that be????

Game Stock Car Extreme will have it's official free DLC/update out soon including cars based on the 2014 season which I'm sure will be much better. Hopefully there'll be an option to drive using the sound from the V12 90's versions when it does. I bought the game a couple of weeks ago and I'm amazed at how good it is. I think it might be the best 18 pounds I've ever spent.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back