F1 2014 Codemasters reveal F1 2014 & 2015 plans

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Codemasters have revealed their game for the 2014 Formula One season, along with their plans for 2015.

The 2014 game will contain all the updates you'd expect, like turbocharged V6 engines and the new liveries.The game also includes refined handling on a pad and a new driver evaluation system that tunes game settings to your skill level to increase accessibility.

Codies' creative director Stephen Hood said “There’s been a dramatic shift in the sport; the largest shake up in the rules and regulations for a very long time and the new power units provide a very different kind of challenge, for both driver and team. By delivering all of these changes, F1 2014 will make for an exciting and refreshingly different experience. Additionally, with the new driver evaluation system analysing each player’s skill level and suggesting appropriate game settings, plus re-graded difficulty levels including a brand new Very Easy setting, we aim to deliver a thoroughly rewarding F1 experience for players of all abilities, from the novice to the seasoned pro.”

There have also been updates to career and scenario mode, however no details have been leaked. F1 2014 will be released on 17th October (21st in north America) on current generation consoles and PC.

The 2015 Codies F1 title will release early next year, and will have live updates throughout the season to keep the game up to date. It will also only be on PC, Xbox One and PS4. This is all we know right know, no other details have been unveiled.

So disappointed.
emoticon-2354-src-990b003910d078a0-28x28.png

DRdrJ85.png

I won't lie, I'm worried about the fact that they promise to make it harder by "taking all assits off" and some weird recommended difficulty PR crap, but then mention a new Very Easy mode. For those of us who can actually drive, Legend was Very Easy....cheers Codies for looking out for your experienced fans.

Codemasters have revealed their game for the 2014 Formula One season, along with their plans for 2015.

The 2014 game will contain all the updates you'd expect, like turbocharged V6 engines and the new liveries.The game also includes refined handling on a pad and a new driver evaluation system that tunes game settings to your skill level to increase accessibility.

Thanks for posting. I see they have what looks to be a poor copy of the new steering-wheels... (instant screenshot). So will we have to mod them again... if there's a PC version (and IF they can be modded...)?? :cautious:
Sauber_Montreal.jpg

They also have car antennas in the opening gameplay video, but they didn't care to include even just one sequence in cockpit-cam view... Does that mean theIr poor copies of the cars will still NOT display the antennas in cockpit-cam view like last year?

What about the flickering rain bug? Will it still be there, still not fixed? What about the new rule for Q2 tyres? Will FP1 & FP2 "return" in their un-realistic (since F1 2012) Formula 1 render?

So many other questions. I plan on buying an Alienware 17 brand new laptop...IF that game is worth purchasing... But definitely, NO PRE-ORDER for me THIS TIME. (And I mean it THIS TIME!! LOL).

On edit: I already noticed Fly-Emirates boards missing right there, on the pitlane:
Photo0076.jpg

Will they update the Montreal track with its new configuration (since 2013)??
Photo0090.jpg
Photo0092.jpg
Photo0100.jpg

Or will we have to wait until next year for them to do their job properly again? :mad:

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. Me or the other skinners will just put the Martini text on it and problem will be solved :D

Yeah AC seems a lot more promising than this new CM game. Codemasters will have a hard time keeping their buyers. The number of sales are decreasing every year, and everyone knows why lol . I will also think between AC and f1 2014 and the first one excites me more.
Yeah A/C will be hard to beat
no remodeling at all from F1 2013 wt sorry not a buyer
A/C rocks

Codies' creative director Stephen Hood said “There’s been a dramatic shift in the sport; the largest shake up in the rules and regulations for a very long time and the new power units provide a very different kind of challenge, for both driver and team. By delivering all of these changes, F1 2014 will make for an exciting and refreshingly different experience. Additionally, with the new driver evaluation system analysing each player’s skill level and suggesting appropriate game settings, plus re-graded difficulty levels including a brand new Very Easy setting, we aim to deliver a thoroughly rewarding F1 experience for players of all abilities, from the novice to the seasoned pro.”

There have also been updates to career and scenario mode, however no details have been leaked. F1 2014 will be released on 17th October (21st in north America) on current generation consoles and PC.

The 2015 Codies F1 title will release early next year, and will have live updates throughout the season to keep the game up to date. It will also only be on PC, Xbox One and PS4. This is all we know right know, no other details have been unveiled.
And now for something positive Really looking forward to this. Can't wait Bring it on CM

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back