rF2 Club Paddock

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Nice to see so many new faces in the club races :thumbsup:
Yes I agree Simon, We are on a nice trajectory with Club Racing at the moment. Sebring in the GT3 last night was just great racing. Good numbers, good mix of levels and a car that was fun and produced excellent racing.
I got in the GTR GT1 today too to practice for tommorow night. I enjoyed that car a lot. ISI have aced the GT cars with the new improvements. Like @David Gronvalls I hope we see a long race in ISI GT soon. Like maybe a 2 hour Bathurst!!!:D

Edit:
The Formula Renault 3.5 League signups started yesterday and we have 23 full time signups and 3 reserves. (24 cars)
Its great to see but I am tempering my enthusiasm with the knowledge of how these things go. There are always a few no shows and drop outs. We should be helped by the fact that the 2014 spec car is better/faster/easier to drive. We are also requiring attendance at 2 official ranking races and creating 2 man teams and its a 6 race season over 12 weeks. Those factors should ensure that we have a strong good core at race 1 and know where we are.
With all that in mind I think we really should be targetting a total of 27-28 full time signups to deal with any drop out and 4-6 reserves for the races ppl can't attend. That should mean 24 cars on the grid at each race.
So get in there guys and girls! and grab those last places.

Last edited:
The Formula Renault 3.5 League signups are now at 25 full time signups and 4 reserves. ( to fill 24 cars).
With 29-32 total drivers I think we should be able to run 6 X 2 races of full grids. Great stuff, its taking shape. We can still squeeze in another one or two to fill absences at individual races.

I just jumped on the server for 4 laps of Spa in the Supercharged Miata.
It was fun actually, this car generates a lot of feel and has great authentic handling.
I nearly cracked the 3 minute barrier too.

If you have nothing on dive in tommorrow night, I'll share a setup if needed.

Can we have an endurance event with the new ISI GT cars, multiclass? Those felt really good :D

Can you guess a) the year? and b) what I'm thinking?
answer revealed soon.
BTW if you agree pls click agree on this thread as I am 8 short of 5,000 feedbacks.
camaro exits pit lane.JPG
Camaro enters Cutting.JPG
camaro exits the cutting close up.JPG

Last edited:
Early 1980's, big kev bartlett. Im pretty sure he flipped it one year.

Edit: and clearly that we should do a bathurst 1000 seeing as the real one is very close.

Last edited:
Early 1980's, big kev bartlett. Im pretty sure he flipped it one year.

Edit: and clearly that we should do a bathurst 1000 seeing as the real one is very close.
And we have a winner.
Indeed Kevin Bartlett. Bit of an Australian Sports car hero in the period just before the young Peter Brock. The year he filipped the car 1982.
He ran this car in 80-81-82. In 80 the car had drum (edit REAR) brakes due to homologation issues#. He put it on pole so it was fastest over 1 lap but loe and behold drum rear brakes weren't sufficient to haul up this lump of American muscle lap after lap. They were forced to do 3 complete drum and pad changes which forced them out of contention.
In 81 he could have won but had a crash with a lapped car and damage meant a 20 min stop.
In 82 he was running 4th and left hand rear wheel failed causing the flip. I tried a few times to get this car on its roof in that spot for the photo but didn't manage yet.

The thing that makes me smile is that the Bathurst 1000 was Channel 7's baby. Their monument if you like. Kerry Packer Australias richest man owned Channel 9. I reckon he thought it was hilarious that if he cant beat this race in the ratings war he can run a 6 hour Channel 9 Sports commercial on air on channel 7. It must have infuriated Ch 7 management that for most of the race their cameras were trained on this Channel 9 advertisement.I guess full credit to them they didnt "manage"the broadcast around it.

Live in-car footage was invented at this race.
# Amazing really that in 1982 Chevrolet put brakes as such a low priority ti use drums on such a car. Still I guess they just add weight on ovals.
There is plenty on youtube

Last edited:
I would love to do a bathurst 1000. I am 100% sure i have some cars i could replicate a skin for my car for the race :D ford vs holden and everything in between, lowndes, skaife, murphy, perkins, and my favourite jim richards oh so many choices. Maybe after this 1000 i might even have mclaughlin to add to that list. Hes already a favourite of mine but not a bathurst favourite. That list is separate for me :p

Are we updating to 860 for the race or no?
Jeff, normally all updates are done straight away. @Gijs van Elderen will confirm I'm sure.

I would love to do a bathurst 1000. I am 100% sure i have some cars i could replicate a skin for my car for the race :D ford vs holden and everything in between, lowndes, skaife, murphy, perkins, and my favourite jim richards oh so many choices. Maybe after this 1000 i might even have mclaughlin to add to that list. Hes already a favourite of mine but not a bathurst favourite. That list is separate for me :p

Man after my own heart.
My favourite was Larry Perkins, fast, engineering genius and understated. Drove F1 in the 70s.
We were a Ford family (you were one or the other bit like the Gaza strip) so Moffat was up there too. I watched him at Warwick Farm in his legendary Mustang in 1972.
I had the good fortune to be a passenger with Dick Johnstone and with Alan Grice at Eastern Creek in around 1997.
Yep 1000 kms would do nicely.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back