rF2 Club Paddock

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Oh perkins is 2nd to richards, his engineering excellence is something that will never happen in v8sc ever again. Also something that i really admire. I just love the fact that richards can still school people today in touring car masters. Love watching that support series, oh and him in a porsche. I supported Bright during his HRT days into the ford days. The caterpillar ford was a poster on my wall for quite some time. Dont forget that lowndes drove fords for quite some time, long time supporter of him. I never had a lean either direction in the ford vs holden debate, my dad drives a ford today even though one of his first cars was a torana :)

Just did some laps at Mt Panorama in the Nissan GTR GT1.
Its a peach there. Brakes so strong at Caltex chase I was thinking the council would be fining me for damage to the Tarmac.
The AI don't work though they lift/brake through Reid-Sulman.

I'll definitely be up for a Bathurst 1000 race. Love the v8sc but not watched much this year as I have not had chance. I was invited to do a v8 race on race that was really fun last year except for 1 incident but I will not go there :)
Count me in if there will be one:thumbsup:

And we have a winner.
Indeed Kevin Bartlett. Bit of an Australian Sports car hero in the period just before the young Peter Brock. The year he filipped the car 1982.
He ran this car in 80-81-82. In 80 the car had drum brakes due to homologation issues#. He put it on pole so it was fastest over 1 lap but loe and behold drum rear brakes weren't sufficient to haul up this lump of American muscle lap after lap. They were forced to do 3 complete drum and pad changes which forced them out of contention.
In 81 he could have won but had a crash with a lapped car and damage meant a 20 min stop.
In 82 he was running 4th and left hand rear wheel failed causing the flip. I tried a few times to get this car on its roof in that spot for the photo but didn't manage yet.

The thing that makes me smile is that the Bathurst 1000 was Channel 7's baby. Their monument if you like. Kerry Packer Australias richest man owned Channel 9. I reckon he thought it was hilarious that if he cant beat this race in the ratings war he can run a 6 hour Channel 9 Sports commercial on air on channel 7. It must have infuriated Ch 7 management that for most of the race their cameras were trained on this Channel 9 advertisement.I guess full credit to them they didnt "manage"the broadcast around it.

Live in-car footage was invented at this race.
# Amazing really that in 1982 Chevrolet put brakes as such a low priority ti use drums on such a car. Still I guess they just add weight on ovals.
There is plenty on youtube

Got any news mate? ^^
David it was revealed in the conversation above with @James Maskell
and I was thinking that I would love a Bathurst race in the ISI GTs. I know that @Aleksi Kivelä would too as he has the Nissan GTR GT1 is listed as a favourite car and Mt Panorama as a favourite track. However that may mean he would be near invincible there. He won the VWEC in the GTR and won Bathurst in the BES GT3.
I can't help but wonder if there is an intellectual property issue though as Mt Panorama has been deleted from our resources. If there isn't man it would be great. The ISI GT1, GT2, GT3. Even say 2.5 hrs which is about the limit for 1 driver.
So if we can get a legal Bathurst lets say its a big suggestion.

Now we have the Tiger Moth Aerodrome
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...drome-1-02-Now-Available!?p=310611#post310611

@Gijs van Elderen What about a fun event next Monday on the top gear layout with the Nissan GTR, Camaro, Corvette, Honda Civic and the Ferrari Challange. Just for the pure fun and see how people will handle the crossover of course we shouldn't do a long race, but something like 3x10minute races, so it doesn't get that stupid with the crossover :D.

Lol, that could be fun. :thumbsup:

Have you ever done a Cat and Mouse race. :cool: Here are the rules: Click here

Now we have the Tiger Moth Aerodrome
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...drome-1-02-Now-Available!?p=310611#post310611

@Gijs van Elderen What about a fun event next Monday on the top gear layout with the Nissan GTR, Camaro, Corvette, Honda Civic and the Ferrari Challange. Just for the pure fun and see how people will handle the crossover of course we shouldn't do a long race, but something like 3x10minute races, so it doesn't get that stupid with the crossover :D.

Done! :thumbsup: Click here !

with the VSC2 I need my practise for those races to not to be insanely slow, so no time for clubraces till after the VSC2 season. Sorry guys. :p

I still haven't tried/started the new ISI track. The Abbarth on there looked like a lot of fun. Hopefully we can do taht combo again later. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%