rF2 Club Paddock

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
guys maybe some 2 hours races with dynamic weeather and finishing in dark :)

Indeed, I mostly leave the dynamic weather at default. (29° Sunny). But dynamic weather has an influence on the setup, tire wear and lap times.

Last year there was a real life (Belgium historic cup) race at spa. Temperatures were near freezing and it was dry and sunny. Almost everybody did there personal best lap times at Spa that day. You would expect very low temps should have a negative influence on grip. But it didn't. Tires didn't overheat that quickly, It was very welcome for the big V8's. They were alway very fast at the beginning of the race. But dropped back halve way the race. And the cold air temperatures had an positive influence on engine power too.

At most mid-europian race tracks, 29° and sunny isn't realistic. (i wish it would :whistling:) This doesn't mean it is raining all the time. But more realistic weather like 15°-20° with some clouds is something we could do more often.

What about montreal? I think that could be interesting, maybe not big enough?

Edit: also i like the idea of maybe starting a race later in the day (in game) so it is dark when it finishes. I think that would add a bit more to the racing.

A big agree here on the weather and time of day. It would add a lot to a race to have some rain at some point (tyres and setup!!:geek:) and end in the dark.:cool:
Track wise yep we have done lots haven't we @spa, Silverstone, Malaysia so some new ones that might be in the frame for league races later would be nice.
I'm a BIG fan of Suzuka. The S Curves there are a driving art form.

Car wise I'm keen to have the next one with LMP1 and one of the other GT alternatives since we have just done URD.
So I would like to see....
either
a) LMP1 + ISI GT1+ISI GT2 or
b) LMP1 + BES GT3.

EDIT
Anyone more for the Ferrari Challenge on Friday at Putnam park.
These cars are superb.

Last edited:
A big agree here on the weather and time of day. It would add a lot to a race to have some rain at some point (tyres and setup!!:geek:) and end in the dark.:cool:
Track wise yep we have done lots haven't we @spa, Silverstone, Malaysia so some new ones that might be in the frame for league races later would be nice.
I'm a BIG fan of Suzuka. The S Curves there are a driving art form.

Car wise I'm keen to have the next one with LMP1 and one of the other GT alternatives since we have just done URD.
So I would like to see....
either
a) LMP1 + ISI GT1+ISI GT2 or
b) LMP1 + BES GT3.

EDIT
Anyone more for the Ferrari Challenge on Friday at Putnam park.
These cars are superb.
I like the weather, but we for sure need a LMP1 physics update before that. The Lola is currently difficult to drive. I haven't tried it in the wet and I won't try until the next update :D

isn`t it possible to use faster time scales in rF2 atm?
Driving from sunset to sunrise around f.e. Brno or Imola would be awesome :thumbsup:

isn`t it possible to use faster time scales in rF2 atm?
Driving from sunset to sunrise around f.e. Brno or Imola would be awesome :thumbsup:
Yes, you can set a time multiplier, but it is a pain in the *** to drive with it at least on high settings. I had a race at Silverstone with x5 or x10 time scale and lighting change was immense every lap. No way you could drive with that properly as the corners looked extremely diffrent every lap with no chance to adapt.

You could use something like 2x, so you have around 4 hours realtime in a 2 hour race. Only thing you have to do is to check wihich HDR profile is working properly or if you need to turn HDR off completely. Otherwise you can end up with no vision at all once it is getting dark.

8 drivers now for Ferrari Challenge at Putnam tommorrow night. Will be fun.
Edit 4:15 GMT. 17/7/2014
14 on the grid so far. Great stuff. This should be fun.
Still room for more!!!

Last edited:
I'm going to try the F1 ASR F1 1992 Mod. Their RF1 1991 was superb.
Anyone else driven these yet?
I drove them yesterday.
Very nice, quick and pretty easy to drive.
Default setups are very good. My first few adjustments made me slower which is a first.
They all have the same physics/performance but the cockpit and sounds do manage to create a different "feel".
I understand that its based on the Dallara DW12 with slight tweaks to wheelbase and tyre width.

So great accessible racing out of the box. See what you think but I reckon a strong contender for some Club Racing.

The 458 Challenge at Putnam was great racing with 16 drivers in the end. Cant wait till the next one.

BTW great mix of cars and tracks coming up this week.
Thanks @Gijs van Elderen and all admins.

Guys is it possible to to do a 2 hour wec event every 3 weeks??
I really enjoyed the atmoshpere. And if u do the racestart like 18:30 GMT its perfect for the people who have to wake up early in weekend for work.

Guys is it possible to to do a 2 hour wec event every 3 weeks??

rF2 only has a time slot on the server every second Saturday, so we try to do a WEC event every 4 weeks :thumbsup: (The other weekend is reserved for the GT3 races).

But we will consider starting the races around 18:00 GMT

Anyone else driven these yet?

Not extensively, but it seems to be an awesome mod. Definitely something for club races in the future :)

Ready for Lemans tonight in the Howstons.
I watched "Grand Prix" the 1966 Movie. It really stands up well for 48 year old racing movie.
Also Ive skinned my Howston G4 in honour of Bruce McLaren with a replica of his M8-A. (He was also in the movie as a driver. along with Jack Brabham, Graham Hill, Jochen Rindt, Jim Clark to name a few)

Some license is needed when skinning this one as the M8A didnt have a roof and the G4 does.

Why the M8A? It was my first slot car in 1972.

Ready for Lemans tonight in the Howstons.
I watched "Grand Prix" the 1966 Movie. It really stands up well for 48 year old racing movie.
Also Ive skinned my Howston G4 in honour of Bruce McLaren with a replica of his M8-A. (He was also in the movie as a driver. along with Jack Brabham, Graham Hill, Jochen Rindt, Jim Clark to name a few)

Some license is needed when skinning this one as the M8A didnt have a roof and the G4 does

Why the M8A? It was my first slot car in 1972.
You mean practice tonight, right? The race is friday, correct?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back