Tracks Chang International circuit [WIP]

We are getting closer and closer. Some last images. I hope we will get it soon. Need to slpit the objects in separate *.kn5 files, which will be some more work to do.

1. just did 102th transition object today (on image bellow all are transition objects between two different ones, for a nicer descenting):
chang_5_16transitions.jpg

2. all the meshes:
chang_5_16meshes.jpg

3. images from 3ds max from 2 different angles:
chang_5_16c.jpg

chang_5_16.jpg

Indeed looks cool the outcome :)
Surprised my self ones more.

Last edited:
Just separated the whole track into 4 different .kn5 file, but I believe I will do another one (and two for the 3d grass when it comes to that). So far no 3d grass yet. And I defined the lods very detailed, so the DIPs have dropped to an average of 900 to 1000 (fps are always over 160 fps), min is 650, max is 1200, from the F458 cockpit view on my not-so-good pc. All way better than at Okayama. And its all there (except 3d grass, which with a decent lod system doesn`t add much to dips).

Last edited:
Sounds great, mate! Always nice to see authors really pushing the performance of their work, in addition to making them look spectacular as well! :)

I have some issues with textures, and don`t know how to salve it. As you can see on the image, the drain texture is soon starting to fade away (the image is taken from ksEditror), but the same effect happens in Assetto Corsa too. Objects all all separated, curbs, drain+concrete in one, and green carpet. Is there any solution for this?
But I think this issue is the game related, since there is a lot of textures like this, the one that is less, is mixing with the texture that is more (smaller object and bigger object), so here in my case, drain starting to get blue, white color out of that curb on the right. Is there any solution? Because it looks ugly, and it bothers me.
For curb and drain (+concrete) there is a single texture (dds file), and they are not close together, I put some space in between, but it does not help.Carpet is different texture and maybe thats why its not mixing with green. Just guessing.

track1.jpg

Last edited:
Textures should always be in powers of two. Try 4096x128 or 4096x256.
I know, and it is, the whole texture is in power of 4096x2048, just some part is drain.

ps: do you mean, that each texture for a single object (even in a bigger image), has to be in power of two? Damn.. if so, didn`t know that.

No, just the whole texture - not the UV areas that are mapped to individual objects.. So if your drain texture is 4096 x 2048 then that's correct, even if the drain area used is only 80px wide.

-EDIT- you can use the KsEditor to inspect the texture properties

textures.jpg

And what does mip stand for? The depth or quality of th texture?

here are my mips, curbs.dds are at 13.
track2.jpg

ps: I have made texture wider (instead of 80px, I put into 512px just in case), and it looks waaay better now.

Last edited:
That sounds like a lot. Means texture is slightly bigger due to the mip maps, so it uses a bit more GPU memory. But for the rendering it has more textures to use (the mip maps). Not sure how many AC uses in practice.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.