Tracks Chang International circuit [WIP]

If you havent decided for a new project yet, next week we r finally gonna get some proper visuals from THE BEND :)

http://australiangt.com.au/2018/04/06/australian-gt-set-to-make-history-at-the-bend
This weekend is the 1st ever event on The Bend circuit, with round 2 of CAMS Australian GT3 race there. Does anyone know for any live stream?

And btw, wow, what a great track, love the flow. There is still some work on it to do, specially beside-track stuff, but the track and layout it self are wonderful.

Last edited:
There has been a discussion on the beginning of this thread, of preventing cutting.
Well, in 2018 they introduced some yellow sausage curbs and back in 2016 they used some different kind of yellow-black curbs, which are perpendicular to the track, which I put into 3 turns to prevent corner cutting.
@Andreas Knöpke, will be good?

This is how it looks the 2016 solution, and I use it still now:
chang_5_18.jpg

Maybe some spline I used in the process of track creation (now I`m optimizing things, so I came up with these pics). Lots of them, right, but these are not all (missing on around 20% more) :)
Those who does that, will know what are all about.

chang_5_19.jpg

chang_5_19_2.jpg

Question for some experts, I joined lots of objects with common material and now I got way less DIP and less FPS as well.
For example, before I had 170 fps @ 1100 DIP, now I have 155fps @ 850DIP.
What is better?

@LilSki , what do you say?
I have a mid range comp and I used all the details available (I use kslayer objects as well), so when doing testing I used kslayer5 objects.

Last edited:
There has been a discussion on the beginning of this thread, of preventing cutting.
Well, in 2018 they introduced some yellow sausage curbs and back in 2016 they used some different kind of yellow-black curbs, which are perpendicular to the track, which I put into 3 turns to prevent corner cutting.
@Andreas Knöpke, will be good?

This is how it looks the 2016 solution, and I use it still now:
chang_5_18.jpg

Forgot to ask, u also got anything for the exit kerbs where theres plenty of tarmac following? :D

Forgot to ask, u also got anything for the exit kerbs where theres plenty of tarmac following? :D
No, since there is nothing in reality, I will not put anything there (would be even dangerous). White, blue curbs can be used as part of the track (my best option), but in case if we want to stick to white line rule, you can set CURB as not allowed surface to drive on. But based on the nature of the track, I would leave it as its now - its so much fun to use whole curbs, and even now its very easy to go off the curb, which means a penalty.

Low DIP while important is not everything. Tri count is also very important. Separate objects is fine in moderation. The important thing is that an object that say has 20 pieces isn't 20 separate objects. But 20 buildings as 20 separate objects is usually fine and will allow the use of LODs that one large object will not.

No, since there is nothing in reality, I will not put anything there (would be even dangerous). White, blue curbs can be used as part of the track (my best option), but in case if we want to stick to white line rule, you can set CURB as not allowed surface to drive on. But based on the nature of the track, I would leave it as its now - its so much fun to use whole curbs, and even now its very easy to go off the curb, which means a penalty.
If it is paved on corner exit you can use a slight slowdown with surface damping. I used it on Watkins and it works very well. It allows you to go there but takes away any speed advantage going wide.

Low DIP while important is not everything. Tri count is also very important. Separate objects is fine in moderation. The important thing is that an object that say has 20 pieces isn't 20 separate objects. But 20 buildings as 20 separate objects is usually fine and will allow the use of LODs that one large object will not.

Lets say I have 20 curbs all around the track. What would you do? To have 20 separate objects, or one object (all 20 jointed together)?
I know on 20 separated you can set LOD (on 1 you cannot not, since its covers whole area).

But I would still say fps is more important that DIPs. Specially in my case (170 and 1100 or 150 and 850 - 1st is a better solution). Agreed? That`s my feeling, and not a word of expert. Since I do not understand DIP and what it means for GPU.

Lets say I have 20 curbs all around the track. What would you do? To have 20 separate objects, or one object (all 20 jointed together)?
I know on 20 separated you can set LOD (on 1 you cannot not, since its covers whole area).

But I would still say fps is more important that DIPs. Specially in my case (170 and 1100 or 150 and 850 - 1st is a better solution). Agreed?
If joining them all together won't work well then I would probably join them per section or per turn.

If joining them all together won't work well then I would probably join them per section or per turn.
So its the game of trying and finding the best possible solution, right (same I am doing atm)? Btw, DIP is a CPU related, right? It comes into play when there are more cars on track.

Btw, what are tri count? Its an integer in millions. Its a triangles count, right?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea