rF2 Caterham Superlight Team Championship (Cancelled)

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Great fun in race 1! :)
Started 6th in race 2 and was 1st by turn 2, which made me feel pretty good. Then of course I had a server disco for some reason, talking away on teamspeak with Chris about it so it was an rFactor issue for me not an internet issue.
Cheers though guys! :)

Bit of a disappointing turnout last night- only 11 drivers for race one, and even fewer for race 2, as some people- including myself- had to leave.
I had a dull race really, just kept circulating and got 4th.

What is going on with the Cats guys??? Anyone has any idea?? People coming and leaving week or two later, no info's on what is going on behind closed doors.....so unprofessional for RD standarts, very very disappointing.........................................................

Look if no member of staff is prepared to take it on then someone must do, because I personally don't want to see this league die. If nobody else wants it (or even the responsibility of running the Caterham fridays) then I am prepared to do so. But please Bram, we need someone to take control of the league.

I personally think the damage to the league has been done, so many people have left already, and we had a very poor turnout at the last event, and the driving standards in general have been less than desirable. I don't think we will find a member of staff who would be willing to take it on.

I would be willing to help in whatever way I can, however Toby the controversy we were involved with before - i.e. the bumpdraft rule - means that (I think) it would be inappropriate for any member of THR to take overall responsibility of the league. I don't want to see the league die either, but unfortunately I can't be optimistic, judging by how things have gone so far.

Gents - Here's the deal as it stands.

Bram has nothing whatsoever to do with this League. It's not on him to sort anything out.

I left because I couldn't enjoy the Cats any more. That was down to many causes, and is not something that would be productive to rake over again here, but I passed it over to Wayne, with Paul's assistance.

The fact of the matter is that multiple drivers have pulled out of this League, and from what little I've heard and read, those pullouts are as much to do with on-track reasons, as off-track.

Right now, if any staff asked me if they should take over this League, I would advise them against it. Participants (some) are either unable or unwilling to follow rules and regulations both on and off track, and that is what has caused the rapid meltdown in the League.

As it stands right now, I'm not willing to set up any more servers or do any more admin for this League (which I have been doing to help Wayne out with race servers and results files), and neither is any of the other staff that I'm aware of.

We, as Staff, are not obligated to run these things if it is simply not worth our time and effort, and while someone earlier mentions that this is "unprofessional for RD standards", allowing the League is descend into any further depths of entropy will be even worse.

Consequently, anything that gets arranged for the immediate future will need to be done outside of RD - the existing season will be closed off before the next scheduled race.

I hope that this is a definitive enough Staff statement for anyone.

My apologies go to people who have missed out on this League through no fault of their own.

There is, however, a good chance that the Caterham Club may re-appear some time in the future.

I am at least glad to here it this way. As far as I enjoyed first cats club events. First time it seemed well going, I was looking forward to drive with my teammates, but as I missed test race, then just watching discussion afterwards was pain for me, about all those bump drafting (I also did bad mind about this problem) and complaints. I just decided to wait till first round, meantime some again bad discussion was here. When first round had to come, I from good reasons couldnt come, I managed GPCOS, let my teammates know. Then I found that Ries isnt at all responding on any of my PMs, only Martin managed to race and I didnt hear any good thing from him to the race itself and again a lot of complaints on the forum to each other, I again waited untill round 2, where I, hopefully, had to drive with Martin... but that time Martin wasnt able to race for good reason, Q&A didnt work and I really didnt enjoyed the atmosphere here to at least join, so I again managed GPCOS and wanted to wait till R3, to drive with Martin finally which was for what we joined. BUT I hadnt to drive any race and all this was throwing bad light to this league. I was looking forward to some good racing, team against team, but I just couldnt get it. Or I didnt manage to. After reaction from round 2 (complaints,...), we as a team decided to pull out as it is not going that way as we planned and though it will.
If this means end of the league I am just glad I can leave with clear mind, even though our little assisted to this fail also.

I have enjoyed my time racing with you all and would like to thank EVERYONE who made administrative efforts with the league.

If the league folds, I will still remember the fun times in this, my first real RD, league and do understand the kind of pressures administrators have to deal with. My teammates were supportive and friendly and the other racers were always fair, in my experience.

If there are any cat races in the future, I'd love to join in since these twitchy, little beasts are challenging and fun to drive and rFactor is a great sim.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.