rF2 Caterham Academy @ Eagles Canyon - Fri 15th Jan 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah - sorry chaps.

For next week's event, I'll post when we're between Race 1 & 2, so hopefully any delays you have will only mean missing 1 race rather than the whole night

WOW, what a fun little car, I hate myself for not trying it out sooner!

I had so much fun trying to catch Stu in both races.
In race2 Peter G, Stu, and I started out with a nice close battle, but then something happened to Peter and after that I almost ran into someone that had spun out and the gap to Stu widened and I spent the rest of the race trying to close in on him. Just as I was gaining a little I screwed up and slid a bit too much and the gap widened again but this time it was for good.

I can't believe I had not given rF enough of a chance before. Actually, I am usually too busy playing GTL to give anything else a try.

But I know what I will be doing come next Friday...

Thanks Stu for setting up these awesome races!!!

Another fine night with the Caterhams for me,a mooched Hermy setup opened a new world of confidence in the car,a lovely feeling of "can do no wrong" :),2 poles and a pair of wins and knocking out a 2:09.052 in race two.....lovely :D.

Thank You ST & RD

wow nice evening thanks Stu and RD for this

did a bit of testing this day and found finaly a way RF is playable for me this cats are just lovely
qualy1*
somehow i could not get close to my praccy times and messed up big time (2 spins in one lap) was 10th or 11th

race1*
got a awsome start and made fast some places til i overcooked it on 5th chasing my team mate Paulo while defending at the same time against Sam at some point i overcoocked it coming back on track i oversaw Stu while i was searching this damn evo track map (sorry Stu)
from then my car was near undriveable but came in 8th or so

qualy2*
same as first qualy i just messed up big big time

race2*
starting last i used startkungfu and climbed plenty of spots up the grid after 2 or 3 laps i was chasing Paulo again this time for the 2nd place
as he did a error so i could slip by
short after i noticed Gary slowed down, maybe he felt lonely i tryed then to stay on his feets that was a big mistake as i just could not go that speed
so i naturaly overcooked it and spun it at turne 3
now with dirty tyers i spuned it again at this downhill turne 5 and came to an stop middel of the road Stu came past this time but the guy behind him collected my rear right tyer

i deffo will sign up again for this but mostlikely only every 2nd event as i will still race my beloved evo mini's but that depents on the track choise for the minis

Thanks Gary and Nigel for getting me into it

Huge fun again! :p
Never been on this track before, it's rollercoaster layout with blind corners is perfect for less powered cars undoubtedly.
First race was intense on the first laps then I spun two times and lost a podium finish. A few nice fights meantime, tried to stay with Sam, but had not skills enough to make it.
Second race due to a good job of my mate Dick Dastarly and Mutley, :D Patrick was knocked out and I managed a final 2nd place. :veryhappy: We almost achieved an all BVM podium....but Michael was unlucky again.
Congrats for your superb pace again Gary. Well done to all, fairplay all around as usual. :p

Thank you Stuart and RD.

Cheers

Great fun last night even though I only did the first race, the cars are the mutts nuts but I didn't like the track much, well I'll re-phrase that, I didn't like the fact that the designer has done well with the layout but has it setup like a drift track, by that I mean grippy light tamac/concrete on the straights and slidy dark tarmac in every corner with the transition at the end of the braking zone, which meant if you were even slightly late braking the car wanted to go straight on when you hit the dark stuff, P I T A, and meant I had to change my driving totally from how I'm used to with the cars, I've been clogging these a fair bit longer than most here so it came as a bit of a surprise but I coped, and enjoyed myself eventually.

Sam

Eagkes track complete new for me, not easy bud good fun fastest time 2.14 show that I am not familiar with the track lost the car to often.

I like the atmosphere in the racers group,this was just what i needed after the league race last Thursday,where I am not very happy.

So up to the next race than ,Hans

I had 0 laps on this track before we started, and just tried to hang on at the back, didnt go well though lol. I got my G27 today, so no more blaming autoshift and poor controol on my part.

Cant wait for next race :jessica:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back