rF2 Caterham Academy @ Eagles Canyon - Fri 15th Jan 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
All - if you want to use one of the add-on skins (and I will endeavour to get the first version of the pack uploaded tonight after my RDHGP League race), please only use the following car as your base - Roadsport -> Academy Racer:

cat1.jpg

Drop the skins in here: 'rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\Caterham\Academy\skins' folder.
cat2.jpg

In game, at the main screen with the car slowly spinning, go into the "Customize" tab, and click "Vehicle".

Select the one marked "skins" and you will then see the skins you've just dropped into the folder I mention above.
cat3.jpg

Choose the skin you want to use, and you will see your car clothed in the skin. You can proceed to the track / game / server from that point and you will:-

a) see your car in the skin.
b) be able to see any other cars that are using any of those skins in online races.
c) be seen in your chosen skin by anyone else who has that skin in the correct 'skins' folder
cat4.jpg

errrr Thommo son.....could i have been in the wrong car for all the previous events? :/

I been choosin that Caterati thingy,its an Academy car an all innit?,its available to choose when joining,so i always thought it was a free choice of whatever you fancy on offer there? :\ :z :s :o

No mate, you were fine, all cars in the Academy class were good - WRRacing Academy / Comet Academy or whatever. The Caterati is an Academy car and therefore sound.

I'm only saying to people to choose that particular car in the skin usage guide if they want to use an add-on skin, because then we can have a single, standard location for everyone to put the add-on skins for ease of use.

Yep, I know, I'm just trying to let people have an easy to follow process, using that car as the base.

It makes using the skins a standard process for all of us, which means it's as easy as possible for everyone to see everyone else as intended.

Stu, I want to be able to see everyone elses skin so I downloaded the 3 skins in the intro page. But where do I put the "marmite" skin?

Sorry for the noob question, I think I've played rF maybe 3 times the whole time I've had it, and I've never downloaded any add-ons for it before.

I just came back from doing a couple of laps.

WoW, this mod kicks ass!! Cars slide all over the place, but in a manner that is controllable, very sweet.

Even, if I get last place and get lapped, it will be bags of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 173 7.9%