F1 2010 Catalunya - Spain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
What are your best times in GP mode @ practice @ hard tyres with fuel sim and tyre sim ON?
I'm running the 2011 mod and I'm in GP mode with the Force India. Using Kingstons setup from the first post and my best time I can do are rly high 1:25's! -.- As almost everyone here, I'm losing about 2 secs in sector 2, dunno why! :(
Playing on PC with X360 gamepad, ABS on, traction control on middle, KI @ pro!
Am I doing something completely wrong or is it NOT possible to do better times with this car @ GP mode on hard tyres?
Plz help! :) Thx in advance!

Just going through first year of career mode again with a Lotus and posting setups as i go haha. Playing in expert mode i did a 1:24.608 and was good enough for 11th. Have only used it in career mode and only with a lotus so no idea what it would go like for anything else. I'm sure it would be quicker in time trial or with assists on but the gearing is prob a bit too short for the faster cars.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 7
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 52% - R 48%
Pressure: medium
Brake Size: standard (no other choice)

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 70% - R 30%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 6
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 9

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5

Gearbox
Gear 1: 130 kph
Gear 2: 160 kph
Gear 3: 190 kph
Gear 4: 222 kph
Gear 5: 256 kph
Gear 6: 292 kph
Gear 7: 331 kph

Engine
Throttle map: Standard
Fuel: 5 Laps

Alignment
Camber front: -1.00
Camber rear: -3.10
Toe front: 0.12
Toe rear: 0.38

McLaren Season #2 managed a 1:22.898 during the race...qual was 1:23.5xx

Used modified setups and didnt write them down...this racetrack is a disaster and second only to that dreadful street course race near the end of the season...(Marina Bay).

Cheers!

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 2
Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Not Available
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 3
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 6
Suspension
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7
Gearbox
Gear 1: 136 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 167 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 197 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 228 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 261 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 295 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 331 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Cruise (Only other option is Standard)
Fuel: Not Available
Alignment
Camber front: -1.40
Camber rear: -3.40
Toe front: 0.14
Toe rear: 0.47

Thanks RageGT, best setup thats worked for me so far :)

Thanks to Victor I managed a time to put me at numbet 17 in the world.Victor you are the man!Down to 21 now but watch out, I got .5 sec made up. Just can't finish the lap.Sooooon.

Car - McLaren Season 2 with no break assists, tire wear on, fuel OFF (cuz the other cars don't seem to be affected), racing line on.
This setup is based off of Bram Hengeveld setup with some tweaks.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 2
Braking
Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8
Gearbox
Gear 1: 81 mph
Gear 2: 100 mph
Gear 3: 118 mph
Gear 4: 138 mph
Gear 5: 159 mph
Gear 6: 182 mph
Gear 7: 204 mph
Engine
Throttle map: Standard
96% remaining power from engine
Alignment
Camber front: -1.20
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.12
Toe rear: 0.41

Q time 1:23.5XX and race (when grip comes up near the end) 1:22.898

Here is my other setup that I used in Season 3 in the RBR car during practice. It is not the same as the McLaren set up at all. Give it a try if you are in season mode. I finished P3 with a time of 1:23.058 in practice. I was finally able to get thru Sector 3 faster than the computer. Sector 2 is still a mystery on how the AI cars can go .75 to 1.00 seconds faster. The final chicane is the difference in the lap. I attacked the curbs since my ride height was higher and didn't spin out. Here is the RBR season 3 setup.

Car - RBR, Season 3, no break assist, tire sim on, no fuel sim, racing line ON, abs FULL, TC FULL, autoshifting, Mad Catz 2 steering wheel+pedals on the Xbox 360. This is my setup that I came up with.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 5
Rear Wing Angle: 3
Braking
Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 8
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8
Suspension
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8
Gearbox
Gear 1: 81 mph
Gear 2: 100 mph
Gear 3: 118 mph
Gear 4: 136 mph
Gear 5: 156 mph
Gear 6: 176 mph
Gear 7: 198 mph
Engine
Throttle map: Fast (yes my upgrades gave me fast already :)
96% remaining power from engine
Alignment
Camber front: -1.40
Camber rear: -3.30
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50

Practice (shortened weekend) set fast lap on final lap of practice with 1:23.058. Had to share since I know so many come here looking for answers to this track. Also I have more laps on this track and Monaco than any other. At least 1,000 laps at this point maybe more.

Practice: 1:23.058
Qualifying time: 1:22.925 put me P4 for the race
Race time best lap: 1:23.283 - Finished P5 after it seemed like some of the cars drove the entire race without a pit and when they did pit they had 2 second pit stops.

This track is not that hard but in the game I am pretty sure unless you put the settings on Beginner or something that there is no way to win in the season mode even with the RBR team. :-( I guess CM did this so there can be no perfect seasons or something????

I have been tracking my lap times using Excel spreadsheets for Year By Year comparisons and the RBR seems to be faster than the McLaren so far. Easier to drive that is for sure. I have yet to run a Ferrari so maybe I will switch teams in a few years just for a go at it. All my lap times in Practice, Qualifying and Race have been faster except for this track where in the McLaren I was able in the race to run the 1:22.898.

Commandrow...EMJOY :)

plz help i need a good tt set up but im using vicktors setup but im only doing a 1.19 i cant keep up with my friends online either any tips would be good

Hi all ,
Thanks viktor ! ,with ps3 wthout driving help except racing line, i did 1.22.400 on Q3
car Red Bull with wing on the maximum.
After 3 weeks i did it
Thanks

This track is a joke. Despite posting a time of 1:26.7XX and gaining a starting spot of 11th on the grid during qualifying (the pole was 1:24:9XX), I felt like I could do a bit better than that, so I made a couple small adjustments (added a bit more grip to the back tires). I was poked off the track on the first turn during the race and rejoined in 21st. I went into the pits on lap 7 (of 20) still in 21st place even though I was posting laps right at 1:27 (about the same as qualifying). After rejoining the race dead last, I posted only one lap around 1:29 (I spun slightly, but regained control), and no other lap was slower than 1:26.5XX (All of my final 13 laps were faster than my qualifying time, averaging about .800 seconds faster overall). I had 4 of my last 5 laps in the 1:25's, yet I never even had the opportunity to pass someone, as I never got close enough. I finished dead last, and got lapped by 3 cars on lap 20. Even my teammate, who had finished dead last every previous race beat me by 7 seconds. What's up with that? Why are cars consistently lapping 2-3 seconds faster in the race than in qualifying?

I used this setup on a ForceIndia - Time Trial - 1:19:782 (PSN: sbrubbles)
Youtube: http://youtu.be/Ur9UpK84YQw

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: high
Brake Size: large

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 40% - R 60%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 3

Suspension
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 8
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6

Gearbox
Gear 1: 134 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 165 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 195 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 226 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 259 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 293 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 338 kph / xxx mph

Engine
Throttle map: fast
Fuel: -

Alignment
Camber front: -1.10
Camber rear: -3.30
Toe front: 0.08
Toe rear: 0.38

This track is a joke. Despite posting a time of 1:26.7XX and gaining a starting spot of 11th on the grid during qualifying (the pole was 1:24:9XX), I felt like I could do a bit better than that, so I made a couple small adjustments (added a bit more grip to the back tires). I was poked off the track on the first turn during the race and rejoined in 21st. I went into the pits on lap 7 (of 20) still in 21st place even though I was posting laps right at 1:27 (about the same as qualifying). After rejoining the race dead last, I posted only one lap around 1:29 (I spun slightly, but regained control), and no other lap was slower than 1:26.5XX (All of my final 13 laps were faster than my qualifying time, averaging about .800 seconds faster overall). I had 4 of my last 5 laps in the 1:25's, yet I never even had the opportunity to pass someone, as I never got close enough. I finished dead last, and got lapped by 3 cars on lap 20. Even my teammate, who had finished dead last every previous race beat me by 7 seconds. What's up with that? Why are cars consistently lapping 2-3 seconds faster in the race than in qualifying?

As everyone is experiencing this problem I think it has to be bug. It seems as if the AI cars are not affected by fuel sim at all, so I make the exception and turn it off at this track only. Hope this helps and a BIG thanks to Viktor!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.