Car Radar

Apps Car Radar 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Looks like there is small bug with the lenght of the Ferrari F138 (AC 1.15.1, CR 1.33).

Schowek02.jpg

I spoke to a sim race buddy yesterday and he said that thw app is not working for the new update for AC.....i guess you guys would be getting this issue also!..

Looks like there is small bug with the length of the Ferrari F138 (AC 1.15.1, CR 1.33).
Hey, thanks for finding this, Kunos have decided to move the collider from the origin (the centre) to some random position north of it for some reason. I'm not sure if this is a mistake or how it even works as a collider in game anymore! There were another couple of cars that had this, I assumed it was just an oversight on their behalf - let's hope it isn't something they are doing to annoy me on purpose. Anyhoo, I moved the collider myself and repacked the data for the car.
damnKunos.jpg

So... Download the folder from the link.
https://mega.nz/#!cEUj0QLR!63sd7UNBQwNGNsL-RBuMAXbMVkd5nYHbwfEvpN0TjvY
Unzip it and navigate to C:\Users\[YOUR NAME\Documents\Assetto Corsa\content\apps\carRadar and replace ks_ferrari_f138 with the one from the download. This should fix the issue hopefully. It probably won't be millimeter perfect but should be good enough. Sorry I never noticed your post earlier, I've been moving house and haven't been racing so not been on RD.

You are looking to put the folder in your Documents folder, not the installation folder!

If anybody else notices any more nonsense from Kunos (regarding this app :p), please lemme know!

TL;DR
Download and replace ks_ferrari_f138 with folder in zip file.
Location - C:\Users\[YOUR NAME\Documents\Assetto Corsa\content\apps\carRadar
Download Here

Last edited:
Hi man thanks for the awesome app. However i'm getting a bug in VR. Somehow it renders the "Settings button" wrongly as a duplicate in the right eye? It's a little hard to explain but there's a flickering extra floating settings button that's only rendered in the right eye. Would provide a video if you'd like to see what i mean more clearly.

photo_2017-10-20_17-00-48.jpg

Thanks again for the great app!

I have a strange issue - after a AC reinstall I cannot get carradar to work any longer.
I have cleaned the old carradar app folder and have reinstalled the app.
I have verified that the app is active both in the AC launcher and content manager.

Carradar does not show in the app bar in session.
Carradar is not working.
The app is listed both in the option menu in the AC launcher and also in Content Manager and I can activate and deactivate the app.

Please help - I cannot live without Carradar any longer :-(

Hmm, ok, so what needs to happen is you guys all need to pitch in for a "dev kit" for me, so I can work on this VR bug :p

Since I can't test, if anybody feels like helping out that'd amazing.

Download This! (mega link)

Replace the .py file in assetto corsa installation folder/apps/python/carRadar. I don't think this will work but I found a line throwing a little error, perhaps it was driving VR modes up the wall.

Look for errors!

If you press the Home key whilst in car it should bring up the console- if you see any errors, hook up a screenshot or send me "py_log" and "log" from C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs

Possible workaround?
Other than that, I feel I may not be able to fix this other than putting in an option to disable the settings panel so that the user (you) , can set the settings, then turn the panel off so that it doesn't annoy you? I'd probably just put this option in a text file for you to edit like most of those other amateur mods:p

How does that sound?

Many thanks to anybody who even reads this :)

Happy racing, Del

This might be obvious and you guys probably know this already but here is how the little settings icon behaves on my triple screen setup (no VR here):

When I do NOT pin the carRadar app into position, the settings icon will remain visible on screen.
When I pin the carRadar app into position (click the little pin icon) the app will float invisible without any icons or distractions. Only the cars will be displayed once an opponent is entering the set distance range.

This might be helping - check that you have pinned the app (if that is possible in VR ?).

I created "proximity mode" for this in the latest update, I don't want to use png, the aim was to create everything with opengl calls so that all the transitions are nice and smooooooooth.
As for the request for hiding cars until they move after the green light, I guess I could do this, but, does it really matter, I mean.. They're just gonna move anyway! :p
As always, thanks for the continued interest on 'da radar'
Del

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back