Car Radar

Apps Car Radar 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi itsjustdel ! It's a very useful app, i just turned and tested. The functionality is more better than Helicorsa. Well done!
But i see that car Radar 1.11 is not so FPS friendly in compare with Helicorsa. So, when carRadar with 24 AI in my I7 2600@ 4500 with GTX 970 i have 60 FPS. In Helicorsa i have 84 here.
itsjustdel, please, check you app for FPS optimization , (try to save main functionality and may be need some crop with app "service" code?) For example i'd prefer simplyfied car picture ( HC style " box") if it can add more FPS for us )
And one small wish: can you implement the future to recognize faster car , approaching from behind and ready to overtake you by 1 and more laps. To change the colour ot this "other" car to blue will be very good )
Thanks anyway!

Last edited:
> Thanks! If you haven't already tried, you could raise your fps limit a few frames. It seems the interface is rendered after the frames are capped.

Replying to your review reply, I don't use a fps limiter :p

itsjustdel updated Car Radar with a new update entry:

Proximity Mode & Simple Mode

Woo!
Proximity mode colours your opponent's car the closer it gets to you, this warning indicator should allow for closer and safer racing. Mode is optional for all the purists out there.

This update also brings a new graphic option for those struggling for fps - Simple Mode! Rectangles will be drawn instead of full car shapes greatly reducing the number of triangles rendered by the interface, so hopefully you will see a boost in frames.

Other fixes
  • Fade now working correctly for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi
I've made icons for myself, if anyone wants them here
Just copy it into assettocorsa \ content \ gui \ icons

Sorry my english is Google translator :D

carRadar_OFF.png <--- carRadar_OFF.png
carRadar_ON.png <--- carRadar_ON.png

Attachments

• 2017-08-23_101422.jpg
    2017-08-23_101422.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 567
  • 2017-08-23_101433.jpg
    2017-08-23_101433.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 2017-08-23_105745.jpg
    2017-08-23_105745.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 2017-08-23_105752.jpg
    2017-08-23_105752.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Hi itsjustdel !
V1.2 carRadar is just fantastic! Tested simple mode and FPS is more and more better now! ( Near the same like Helicorsa) Thanks for the great ( GREATEST) app , i will use it from this moment!
Can you plan to implement an option - to change colour of the car ( to blue) , which is behind you and going to overtake you +1 lap or more? I asked it in my upper post #41. ) If "Yes"- will be blast! :)

Hi itsjustdel !
V1.2 carRadar is just fantastic! Tested simple mode and FPS is more and more better now! ( Near the same like Helicorsa) Thanks for the great ( GREATEST) app , i will use it from this moment!
Can you plan to implement an option - to change colour of the car ( to blue) , which is behind you and going to overtake you +1 lap or more? I asked it in my upper post #41. ) If "Yes"- will be blast! :)
Hi there, I'm really sorry I missed that request before, I just read it now! Sure, I'll have a look at blue flags, see what can do ;) Oh! I'm glad fps is better, unfortunately I need Kunos to allow me access to fancier openGL options to be able to render the models faster, but that doesn't look like it'll happen. The boxes are at least, the correct length and width, calculated from the collider model ;)

Many thanks for the update.:thumbsup:
With the "fps-friendly" simple car boxes, another idea came into my mind. I have no performance problems with the default car shapes racing on a monitor, but in VR every frame counts. So is it possible to detect via API, if you're running AC on a monitor or with the Oculus Rift?
If yes, how about an option like "Switch automatically to simple mode, while running AC in VR"? :cool:

I haven't seen any calls for that in the API but the app should save your settings so you only need to click it once. Alternatively you can set it manually in the config file in MyDocuments/assettocorsa/content/apps/config.txt - Just change the 0 to a 1 after "simpleMode" ;)

itsjustdel updated Car Radar with a new update entry:

Blue Flags!

I present to you the blue flag update! Cars which you should be letting passed with the minimum of fuss will appear blue on the radar (if you so wish)
-I've tried testing this as much as I can, however, keep me posted if you notice anything untoward
-I know it doesn't work correctly if you join a race session half way through online - Can't figure out a way round this sorry

Cheers! Del

P.S App Icons in main download now :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

1.33 is working properly. Great thanks Del for fastest responsible and bugs fixing!
Thanks for another ideal AC must have app,congratulation all pilots ! :thumbsup:

this app didnt work for me!...how do you get it to work?..i placed all files in their proper places but no icon shows up in the list of icons!...i have windows7 64bit...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back