Can't get HUD mods working, can anyone help?

What Jempy said.
And in pictures:

View attachment 538117

View attachment 538118

Are you sure that you've installed them correctly?
Drag&Drop into Content Manager never really worked for me. Or rather I tried it once and I couldn't figure out what CM did but it wasn't working so I went back to manually installing everything...

Here are the folders for Helicorsa and Sidekick:
note that the drive letter will be different for you, ofc. Not sure how much you're into PC things so I just note this for completeness

H:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python
---> helicorsa folder
---> Sidekick folder

For Helicorsa there's also this folder:
H:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\gui\icons

---> helicorsa_OFF.png & helicorsa_ON.png
should be somewhere in that folder

And when you ran helicorsa for the first time, it will store the settings in here:
C:\Users\Rasmus\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\apps
---> helicorsa.ini
These aren't listed for me.

All I see is the SOL weather apps.

No Sidekick ,no Helicorsa even when enabled in content manager and enabled in python.ini.

Sigh.

P.S. It may be a Windows 11 issue.

LOL I forgot I did not have sidekick installed.

And i'm going to try to install that pesky Karen helicorsa manually.

Last edited:
No SOL ,sidekick or helicorsa in the side bars.

POOO

P.S. YAAAAYY

I removed my apps and installed them all manually.

I used the SOL bat file to remove SOL first then made sure to install manually,NOT the MODS folder ,copy the folders WITHIN the MODS and SOL folder so they overwrite the Assetto Corsa root folders.

Sidekick and Helicorsa now working and SOL.

The disco dance is done. :whistling::D

Last edited:
I had a few days ago someone at our league with a same kind of problem .... but that was with Pitlane Penalty.
Everything appeared correctly and checked in Content Manager ... but no single sign of this app in side bar in game.

The only thing that worked is ............... MANUAL INSTALL of the app and not with Content Manager.
The problem was just a bad install ... for which reason ? I don't know and will not search as I never trusted this kind of install.
Although the install seemed correct .... there was a problem ... everything appeared correct in CM but didn't work in game. Once manually installed ... it did work.

NB: should this be just an unzip problem in CM or an Admin Rights problem once again ?

So try first to unzip in a temp folder and copy each unzipped folder and file .... at the same place in game.
For example Never copy an Apps folder into the Apps folder in game ..... ( you should create a subfolder in the same folder ) this should maybe look correct in CM files but should NOT work.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.