Can't get HUD mods working, can anyone help?

Douglas Aird

Douglas Aird
Premium
I am trying to get Helicorsa and Sidekick installed and working through Content Manager but I am struggling.

I think they both installed ok but in the screen to enable/disable mods within Content Manager I can only see Sidekick.

Then, when I go ingame and into the sidebar to activate HUD elements I can't see either.

Anyone had the same and managed to fix it?

I think for Helicorsa I also had to enable something in Assetto Corsa direct, but I did that.

In Content Manager/Settings .... the Helicorsa app doesn't appear in the APPS tab settings for me either but only in ASSETTO CORSA (APPS) tab.
Check in this tab if you can see Helicorsa and SideKick and if they are checked for activation in game.
( They need of course to be activated to see them in the right side menu when on track. ).

What Jempy said.
And in pictures:

1643977589299.png

1643977636413.png

Are you sure that you've installed them correctly?
Drag&Drop into Content Manager never really worked for me. Or rather I tried it once and I couldn't figure out what CM did but it wasn't working so I went back to manually installing everything...

Here are the folders for Helicorsa and Sidekick:
note that the drive letter will be different for you, ofc. Not sure how much you're into PC things so I just note this for completeness

H:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python
---> helicorsa folder
---> Sidekick folder

For Helicorsa there's also this folder:
H:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\gui\icons

---> helicorsa_OFF.png & helicorsa_ON.png
should be somewhere in that folder

And when you ran helicorsa for the first time, it will store the settings in here:
C:\Users\Rasmus\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\apps
---> helicorsa.ini

I also never used drag&drop in Content Manager for 3 reasons:
- 1st reason is only because I already installed all mods with JSGME for a very long time
- moreover because I could never imagine how CM knew where to place exactly all files knowing that most zipped mod files often use a partial or even non existent path to the folder where to install.
- last but not least .... I remain my own master and I know what, how and where I install .... so much less problems when needing to ..... uninstall or when I modified or added in game something that I first installed with JSGME.

NB: a good knowledge of how the folder and files are stored in game can be an advantage when a problem happens.

Last edited:
Cheers, guys. I am new to CM and haven't had issues installing tracks and cars but this is my first attempt with other mods.

I'll take a look in my next session and follow your guidance.

I think that everything is set up as you have described -

Content manager -
1644099765038.png

1644099743609.png

File structure -

1644099553146.png

1644099647263.png

1644099707266.png

When in-game I look at the right hand sidebar and can't see either app, even when I search for them.

Anything else you think I should try?

Make sure all the correct options are checked to have the apps enabled then close content manager and launch into a practice race using the default game launcher through steam and see if they show up.

This is something I’ve started doing recently with a very high success rate when apps don’t work right away.

Last edited:
When in-game I look at the right hand sidebar and can't see either app, even when I search for them.

Anything else you think I should try?
Mhh, good question!
You could disable the new sidebar from csp and check again?
It's a separate extension "TASKBAR"

And you should check if you can set them to "visible" in the AC settings section: (helicorsa at the bottom, when I scroll down, sidekick is there too)
Apps.JPG

I looked at the App Windows section (as Rasumus suggested) in CM and I can't see Helicorsa or Sidekick so that explains why I can't see them in the sidebar.

Now I just need to work out why they are not showing up in there....

If you hit the "Home" key (to show the console) after firing up AC, there might be something useful to learn from log messages. The log files might also help - e.g. the Python one on my system is at C:\Users\<...>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\py_log.txt

If you hit the "Home" key (to show the console) after firing up AC, there might be something useful to learn from log messages. The log files might also help - e.g. the Python one on my system is at C:\Users\<...>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\py_log.txt
Cheers, I'll take a look later this week.

One thing you could try:
I just searched the whole Documents folder for "helicorsa" and found that the "active" on/off setting is stored in:
C:\Users\Ras\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\python.ini

You could try to edit the 2 lines in and check if they appear?
Probably close AC and CM, copy the 2 entries into the python.ini, then start CM again and check if you now see them activated.

[HELICORSA]
ACTIVE=1

[SIDEKICK]
ACTIVE=1

One thing you could try:
I just searched the whole Documents folder for "helicorsa" and found that the "active" on/off setting is stored in:

Probably close AC and CM, copy the 2 entries into the python.ini, then start CM again and check if you now see them activated.

[HELICORSA]
ACTIVE=1

[SIDEKICK]
ACTIVE=1
I did wonder what file held that information. I will try that, too.

One thing you could try:

[HELICORSA]
ACTIVE=1

[SIDEKICK]
ACTIVE=1
Checked and both are already in there. :(

Checked and both are already in there. :(
I guess you need a full re-install in this case.. Something is broken :(

If you have the disk space, do a full backup so you can put in certain mods and config files after the game did re-download, runs fine and shows the apps now.
To do this:
- close ac, cm and steam.
- Then move (don't copy) your assettocorsa folder in steamapps into a new folder (like ACbackup) on the same drive letter.
That way it only takes a few seconds.

- Then move your assetto corsa folder in your documents to a "backup" folder too.

- Then run steam and do the integrity check for assetto corsa.
It will redownload the full game.

And don't forget to move the content manager folders.
I'll tell you what to do with these within the next hour when I'll be at the pc. It's a bit more complicated in the appdata folders.

Edit:
C:\Users\Ras\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager

Just move the whole folder to your desktop or so.

To re-download content manager, here's the direct link to the GitHub download. The normal direct link can't be posted here on RD, since the "ru" website is blocked here.

You should have the email with your CM key? But if not, I'm sure there's a file in folder you backed up which functions as the license key :)

Last edited:
No Heliocorsa or Sol apps in sidebar for me either sigh.

It's always been a huge PITA to get these working.

Doing the SOL heli dance but no answers so far after reading this thread.

Mhh, good question!
You could disable the new sidebar from csp and check again?
It's a separate extension "TASKBAR"

And you should check if you can set them to "visible" in the AC settings section: (helicorsa at the bottom, when I scroll down, sidekick is there too)
View attachment 538607
No Helicorsa or sidekick when activated for me either.

Helicorsa has always been terrible to get working.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.