1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buttonbox software for Android tablets

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Tom, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

I know there's one for the iPad but what about Android tablets? Anything proper available? I'm not after a fully grown HUD software - unless it has a button box available which doesn't show any RPM etc. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

But I don't have an iRacing membership. :p

3. Ohh sry my bad, looked more into it from the post there and the app he mentioned is from the Blackberry appstore so I have no way of testing it. Hot tip would be looking for a good android to PC remote control app, that's what the dude in the youtube vid you linked used for iPad, nothing really made for iRacing or games at all, just a generic remote control app for iOS.

4. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

I mean't I can't even read that post because I don't an iRacing sub. :D

5. I understood that, it didn't say much though and I pretty much summed it up in my previous post, he mentioned a android app from the blackberry appstore, no idea if its avail on google play, nevertheless that was all he said bar showing off a picture of his layout, which don't help much since we don't know the software on play store. Just look for a remote control app, I reckon you'll find more than one on play store but I don't know for sure as I have no android tablet and cba spending time looking for one for my phone :p

6. museumsteve

museumsteve
    Premium Member

7. Mightygate's iHud for rFactor and Iracing->http://www.mightygate.com/en/portfolio-productos/hud-for-rfactor/

You can configure 5 different dashboards with different applications like RPM, fuel, gear, etc.
    Buttonbox pack is sold seperately. It has pre-made buttons for fuel, pit, ignitition and so on.
    You cant relabel the buttons.
    You just map a button with any key combination you want.

8. But that's not avail for Android yet is it? Have it on my Ipad and it's quite good but even though the website says there's a Android version I haven't been able to find it on the store

9. Ipad here too. Web lies...go figure. ;)

10. I just emailed the developer asking about the Android version. I've emailed him some suggestions before and got quite swift replies.

11. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Thanks guys, that's looking ok'Ish - but it's rFactor only. :/ I'll see if I can find another solution. :)

12. museumsteve

museumsteve
    Premium Member

Do you mean Touchdown? I'm pretty sure you can use it for anything as it's server based so you just use it for any game to emulate keyboard presses.

13. Roccat´s Power-Grid is new software which can be used to create buttonbox->
    http://power-grid.roccat.org/en/Home/

Host software is for Windows, mobile apps for IOS and Android devices. It can also control and monitor your PC. Did some quick testing and it seems to be worthwhile program.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Awesome find Jari!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

15. There could be problem with downloading the latest version of Power-Grid from their page but older version is easily and legally found on the internet. :)

16. I had no problem! I'm up and running already, need to tinker with it later though as my family is needing my attention xD

17. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Going to check that one out, cheers dude!

18. I'm really liking this piece of software Jari! Tinkering with some iRacing layout atm and it's really looking good and useful, will share if it ever gets done xD

19. Can be very usefull in endurance race where you could make macro's for driver swaps, cancel repairs, tire changes and so on.