Bug Reports

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Use this thread only to report rFactor 2 bugs.

Use this simple template below and fill in the details as precise as possible. Thank you.
  • Bug Title: (To give an immediate indication as to the nature of the bug. Create a thread with this name)
  • Bug Location: (Where in the game did you find this bug. (Launcher, Singleplayer, Online Race, Developer?)
  • Screenshots or Videos: (Please try and provide a screen-shot or make a video, of your bug if at all possible. A handy site to upload images can be found here and for videos here)
  • Bug Description: (Please provide the details surrounding your bug, and if there are any known conditionalities for the bug to occur. Provide any information that you feel is necessary to provide here.)
  • System Information: (Current build version of the game, your operation sytem, your hardware etc)
  • Possible Bug Cause: (If you believe you know what is causing the bug, then feel free to add the information in the bug report.)

shader and cbash folders are the ones you want to empty. Leave the folders, just wipe out anything inside. It;s a good idea to do this anytime there is a graphic update... Christopher at S397 forums released a small simple batch file that did this with just a double click. But I can't find it to pass on the link.
Here is the path to the folders at least:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log
ok found it:
https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-simple-way-to-clear-shaders-and-cbash.55446/
put this on your desktop and run it when-ever rF2 makes a change to cars or track graphics.

My personal bet is it's a 3rd party plug in causing the crash, if that is the case then you need to inform the Author of that plug in so they can investigate and possibly come up with a fix.

I finally had a chance to do a plugin test tonight and all I did was re-enable SimExperience. The game crashed within 3 laps. The log was unremarkable and appears to have truncated when the screen blacked out and I had to kill it.

Then you've found the cause which is good, next I suggest you contact the SimExperience App author with a detailed description of your problem and take it from there.

My work is done :)

Then you've found the cause which is good, next I suggest you contact the SimExperience App author with a detailed description of your problem and take it from there.

My work is done :)
Yes, thank you for the help. I'm pretty surprised that it's SimXperience since it works with every other title I own. But it seems conclusive that it's the problem.

Did you have any thoughts on the reflection rendering issue? I've tried multiple settings and nothing seems to improve the frame rate.

Did you have any thoughts on the reflection rendering issue? I've tried multiple settings and nothing
Sorry I meant to reply earlier. The "update rate" of the reflections is indeed very low. No matter if you set them to maximum or the minimum, they will stutter massively. Only the quality of the he static reflection changes.

It's one of the things why rF2 looks awesome on Screenshots and a lot worse while actually driving. No dof, flickering and crawling shadows, stuttering reflections ..

Even did a video to show it to my friends:

It's one of the things why rF2 looks awesome on Screenshots and a lot worse while actually driving. No dof, flickering and crawling shadows, stuttering reflections ..

Yes! That is the exact issue I'm seeing. It drives me bonkers and makes the whole game seem like it's running at low fps. I don't like to mess with settings not in the menu, but I wonder if there's something in the config that will fix it. I believe I have in the past seen a couple of rf2 videos where it wasn't stuttering.

Yes! That is the exact issue I'm seeing. It drives me bonkers and makes the whole game seem like it's running at low fps. I don't like to mess with settings not in the menu, but I wonder if there's something in the config that will fix it. I believe I have in the past seen a couple of rf2 videos where it wasn't stuttering.
Nope afaik there's nothing that can be done apart from disabling "environment reflections"

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.