Bug Reports

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Use this thread only to report rFactor 2 bugs.

Use this simple template below and fill in the details as precise as possible. Thank you.
  • Bug Title: (To give an immediate indication as to the nature of the bug. Create a thread with this name)
  • Bug Location: (Where in the game did you find this bug. (Launcher, Singleplayer, Online Race, Developer?)
  • Screenshots or Videos: (Please try and provide a screen-shot or make a video, of your bug if at all possible. A handy site to upload images can be found here and for videos here)
  • Bug Description: (Please provide the details surrounding your bug, and if there are any known conditionalities for the bug to occur. Provide any information that you feel is necessary to provide here.)
  • System Information: (Current build version of the game, your operation sytem, your hardware etc)
  • Possible Bug Cause: (If you believe you know what is causing the bug, then feel free to add the information in the bug report.)

Bug Title: Controller Auto Detection
Bug Location: In both multiplayer as single player mode. Have not tried develop mode yet
Screenshots or Videos: No screenshot available at this time.
Bug Description: When doing an autodetect of the controller, with multiple devices attached, the game detects the primary controller only. If it does not support that controller, it gives a notification that no predefined control scheme is loaded.
System Information: Beta version
Possible Bug Cause: Simple workaround is to pull the other controllers out of the USB, and only have the wheel attached. Detect the controller, and reconnect the rest afterwards.
More information: I use a Logitech Dual Action controller (PS2 lookalike) and a G25. When I have my Dual Action attached, it only detects that controller.
When all is installed and configured, you do not need to detach the controller to start the game. This is ONLY when you are using the autodetect function.

• Bug Location: Singleplayer, Online Race, (tested with 1960s classics)
  • Screenshots or Videos: See below
  • Bug Description: When selecting the advanced setup screen you see that the boxes that hold the values for caster, fender etc are wrongly placed. On the left side of the car its placed at the bottom, on the right site its middle top
  • System Information: Build 49
20pt4io.jpg

Yep, I realized later that could be it. Maybe they should try to redo it a bit and design the interface so the third springs front and rear appear on the bottom and top of the screen.

Ill leave it here as a suggestion then :)

I got my mirrors messed up. All cars in my mirrors drive arround in little blue bubbles. I have this with all mods.

I try to search for this minor issue, but cant really find anything.

Is this posted some where already? and if so can any one point me to it?
Feel free to delete topic if this is a know issue.

Core i7 720
ATI 6870
Win7 X64
OCZ 6GB DDR3 ram
Edit:

Forgot to add: Ati Beta 12.a driver is used
295.jpg

• Bug Title: car damage stays at restart
  • Bug Location: single player
  • Screenshots or Videos: forgot
  • Bug Description: played single player Meganes at Malaysia and lost front splitter, restarted the race, splitter was still gone, went to results screen, finished the session, restarted the race: splitter was still gone. had to restart the entire game to get it back on
  • System Information: current version as of jan, 24th
  • Possible Bug Cause: no idea

• Bug Title: Monaco rolling start
  • Bug Location: Singleplayer
  • Screenshots or Videos: -
  • Bug Description: When you try to do a rolling start in classic Monaco you fall into the water and the race is over. Note: only when you skip the formation.
  • System Information: Build 49
  • Possible Bug Cause: Haven't got a clue
  • Workaround: Just drive the formation lap

• Bug Title: Showroom button missing in build 69
  • Bug Location: (Car Selection screen, single player but most likely in all modes)
  • Screenshots or Videos:
Build 60
attachment.php

Build 69
attachment.php

• Bug Description: Button is missing since the update to build 69
  • System Information: Not relevant
  • Possible Bug Cause: No Clue. Bug already mentioned @ ISI
ADDITIONAL INFO.
As the Tuning room has the same features, the showroom button is removed here. To view full screen in the Tuning section, simply press the ENTER key.

• Bug Title: AI is stuck in formation lap mode after race restart
  • Bug Location: Singleplayer
  • Bug Description: Racing the GT endurance cup around palm beach, I restarted the race and skip the formation lap and the AI won't race and the console keeps writing that I should stay behind some other car.
  • System Information: build 69

Bug Title: Texture Mess during long race
Bug Location: single player mode. Have not tried develop mode and MP yet
Screenshots or Videos: No screenshot available at this time.
Bug Description: When racing Renault Meganne Trophy 60 laps after 25 laps i got screen freeze for 10 seconds, after screen unfreezed i got textures messed out in some sections of Malaysian track, some of the tarmac was green, when i exit to game menu i couldn't see buttons etc, it was like Pablo Picasso Picture
System Information: Beta version
Possible Bug Cause: Maybe Graphic Card Overheat but never got problems with more graphic demanding games
More information: none

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years