Bug Reports

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Use this thread only to report rFactor 2 bugs.

Use this simple template below and fill in the details as precise as possible. Thank you.
  • Bug Title: (To give an immediate indication as to the nature of the bug. Create a thread with this name)
  • Bug Location: (Where in the game did you find this bug. (Launcher, Singleplayer, Online Race, Developer?)
  • Screenshots or Videos: (Please try and provide a screen-shot or make a video, of your bug if at all possible. A handy site to upload images can be found here and for videos here)
  • Bug Description: (Please provide the details surrounding your bug, and if there are any known conditionalities for the bug to occur. Provide any information that you feel is necessary to provide here.)
  • System Information: (Current build version of the game, your operation sytem, your hardware etc)
  • Possible Bug Cause: (If you believe you know what is causing the bug, then feel free to add the information in the bug report.)

• Bug Title: Screen blackout for 10 secs
  • Bug Location: Singleplayer/multiplayer
  • Bug Description: The screen blacks out at some random point in time and you can still hear the sound. Then it comes back on again (and you have of course moved somewhere you couldn't see).
  • System Information: build 69, nvidia 260 gtx with driver 296.10, g25
  • Possible Bug Cause: I think it might be the new graphics driver because I didn't experience anything like it with the old one (285.something).

It's not a bug but if you see the quality of the game and what I expect.

The sideslip doesn't appear when you start the race and could be nice (like nr2003). Even if you play offline, in the first lap you cansee the tire mark on the track.

Sorry for post it here, I didn't find another place without opening a new topic.

Check the versions indeed. You should have:

Formula Renault 3.5 - Version 1.2
Megane Trophy - Version 1.1
GT World Endurance - Version 1.1
World Classics - Version 1.0
Formula Masters - Version 1.0

If any of these is in a lower version, the game has a problem, and will crash.

• Bug Title: Screen blackout for 10 secs
  • Bug Location: Singleplayer/multiplayer
  • Bug Description: The screen blacks out at some random point in time and you can still hear the sound. Then it comes back on again (and you have of course moved somewhere you couldn't see).
  • System Information: build 69, nvidia 260 gtx with driver 296.10, g25
  • Possible Bug Cause: I think it might be the new graphics driver because I didn't experience anything like it with the old one (285.something).

6 years later this same bug is still in the game and quite honestly makes it unplayable. How can they not fix this?

6 years later this same bug is still in the game and quite honestly makes it unplayable. How can they not fix this?

Please provide more specific details to your issue, preferably by creating a Bug Report by running the RFactor2 Launcher and clicking the 'CONTACT SUPPORT' button top right, thank you.

Please provide more specific details to your issue, preferably by creating a Bug Report by running the RFactor2 Launcher and clicking the 'CONTACT SUPPORT' button top right, thank you.
The problem is, the game goes completely black and I have to kill it from the task manager. So I don't believe I can generate a bug report. It's also quite random when it occurs, but I'll see what I can generate.

The problem is, the game goes completely black and I have to kill it from the task manager. So I don't believe I can generate a bug report. It's also quite random when it occurs, but I'll see what I can generate.

A few things first:
- Make sure you're using Official Content Only
- Make sure your Windows, GPU Drivers etc are all up to date
- Make sure your Windows Runtimes are all up to date: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....0-removes-runtimes-after-major-updates.58239/
- Disable all 3rd Party Plug-ins

Then:
In the Launcher go to the SETTINGS Tab (the Gear Cog icon) and in the Text Box where it says 'Command Line Interface Parameters' put: +trace=3
Then load the game and when you get a black screen/crash a log file is created and placed in your '\rFactor 2\UserData\Log' folder, attach this to the Post when you click 'Contact Support' and provide as many details as possible (full system spec, OS, driver versions, what you're doing at the time of the crash etc).

No, I'm saying for Bug Reporting it's best to use Official Content and to disable all unofficial plug ins.

Edit: if you get no crashes with the above then that points to plug ins or unofficial content being the issue.

Can you tell me if SimExperience is an official plugin? Also, I've had this happen at various tracks, which I believe were all mod tracks. In that event, am I just out of luck and can't use the tracks?

I mean there must be something in the interaction between the tracks and the code causing the bug. So either tracks can be fixed or the base game could be fixed to handle the error gracefully.

No it's not, try what I've suggested above and see what happens.

Ok. I followed your instructions and ran with CrewChief as the only external app as it seems to rely on official plugins and during roughly 5 hours of testing, I had no issues. I'm fairly certain that in that amount of time I would've seen the blackout bug. So where do we go from here?

Ok. I followed your instructions and ran with CrewChief as the only external app as it seems to rely on official plugins and during roughly 5 hours of testing, I had no issues. I'm fairly certain that in that amount of time I would've seen the blackout bug. So where do we go from here?

You should also disable CrewChief (it's not an Official plug in) but seeing as you ran OK with that then the next step is to either:
- add each plug in one by one and test until the game possibly crashes, if it does you know exactly what plug in causes the crash (all the while remembering any plug ins that draw onto the screen won't work and will crash the game)
- disable plug ins and load unofficial mods one by one and test until the game possibly crashes,
- disable all plug ins and load unofficial tracks one by one and test until the game possibly crashes.

My personal bet is it's a 3rd party plug in causing the crash, if that is the case then you need to inform the Author of that plug in so they can investigate and possibly come up with a fix.

Ok. I believe CrewCheif only uses the sharedmemoryplugin64 or whatever it's called (which I believe is official). The only other plugin I use is SimExperience (that I use with every other racing title I have). I honestly think the problem is with the 3rd party tracks. What I've read in other threads seems to suggest this as well. But I will test with only base content and see if SimExperience is an issue.

If simexperience turns out to be fine but when you try one of the crucial mid tracks and get the black screen again:
Turn down shadows to lowest or even deactivate them. There are some issues related to this sometimes.
Did you try to delete the shader cache or whatever it's called so the tracks are "freshly loaded"?

I recently cleanly re-installed rFactor 2. So I assume the shader cache should be clean. But if not, what is the procedure?

Also, I have another oddity that could be related to shadows, but my reflections seem to render very slowly in the longitudinal direction of the car and appear to be only going at about ~4fps. I've tried different settings, but they always seem jerky when passing say a light pole and other trackside objects. I see this same phenomena on most YouTube videos, so perhaps it's just normal for rf2.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back