Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview With Aris - Monday 18th December - LIVE!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview 5.jpg

This Monday 18th December we have a special feature lined up..! Talk and Drive Interviews return with several Assetto Corsa 'Bonus Pack 3' cars, Laguna Seca and Aris from Kunos Simulazioni!

With the upcoming new 'Bonus Pack 3' DLC due to launch this December 20th, we have taken the opportunity to have a go in some of the seven new cars scheduled to release as part of the latest Assetto Corsa DLC, lapping the brand new laser scanned Laguna Seca circuit whilst speaking with Kunos physics guru Aristotelis Vasilakos!

Seven high performance road cars, difficult and challenging circuit, engaging conversation and physics talk... all live and exclusive on our RaceDepartment Twitch channel!

How do I watch?

By viewing the video below! Now available in all it's 2 hours of glory on our YouTube channel :)

Assetto Corsa, available now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Bonus Pack 3 DLC releases for free to PC on December 20th, with console to follow shortly afterwards.

AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview 2.jpg
AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview 3.jpg
AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview.jpg
AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview 4.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Watching live or tuning in later on YouTube? Have any specific questions you want us to ask on the live stream? Have you subscribed to our channel yet :D Looking forward to Bonus Pack 3? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Goddamn... Laguna Seca on the twitch stream? Am i about to be a certified arsehole? Hahaha

If it means us getting laguna seca on the 20th, i wouldn't mind being labeled a fool. :)

Guys, i'm at work and can't dig up and find the posts but laguna seca will not be coming this xmas. It will still be free. But not released in 2017. Sorry to burst your bubble. But i'm as sad as you are...

Looking forward to the interview with Aris. Great RD you're hosting this for us!

Aris: First of all thanks for the 'tutorial' vids (hint, hint) and obviously your physics work.
Question for Aris: Do you also test drive the real cars yourself before and/or after let's say you insert the mathematical/physics numbers to the AC cars?
What car experience had the most 'blown away' impact for you. E.g. a classic one or a hypercar?

Thx! Brian

My question for @Aristotelis :

Is the possible to implement the AI controlled car during the race weekend sessions or single race, to select an AI car and let your friend/s to drive that car, while yours is driven by AI?

A manual turn based race weeekend, so to speak.
Geoff Crammond Grand Prix Series had Hotseat Mode Multiplayer to play with your friends on the same PC

My questions for Aris,

Definitely interested if any other DLC is planned for AC or is Kunos moving onto a new project such as AC2 or another racing title?

What circuit would you want to bring into AC but have not been able to?

Thanks kunos for all the hard work!

Hello Aristortelis,

Did you ever get a "no" from the manufacturers when you ask for some specific data? How did you get around in this kind of situations?

How far did you guys go implementing engine mapping?

If we get a successor of AC, how are you guys thinking about the sound engine? Will we get a big upgrade or we will see just an improvement (I remember Stefano saying something about the sound on the first versions of netKar PRO that the "bangs" we heard were the same as the number of "bangs" the engine was doing (RPM related)?

This one is just to mess with you guys (AC staff), but...... where is HONDA cars (S2000, Integra, Civic, CRX, NSX)?

Thank you for all your dedication in AC and wish you all the best.

Last edited:
Best Sim Racing Developer 2015, 2016 and no doubt 2017.

Question to Marco but you can answer it Aris.

During the Sim Racing Expo, when stefano was interviewed by Race Department, the poster at the back with the Porsche on the Green Hell at night, was that a sneaky w.i.p glimps of Assetto Corsa 2?.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 125 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 81 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 10.1%
  • €3001-5000