Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview With Aris - Monday 18th December - LIVE!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview 5.jpg

This Monday 18th December we have a special feature lined up..! Talk and Drive Interviews return with several Assetto Corsa 'Bonus Pack 3' cars, Laguna Seca and Aris from Kunos Simulazioni!

With the upcoming new 'Bonus Pack 3' DLC due to launch this December 20th, we have taken the opportunity to have a go in some of the seven new cars scheduled to release as part of the latest Assetto Corsa DLC, lapping the brand new laser scanned Laguna Seca circuit whilst speaking with Kunos physics guru Aristotelis Vasilakos!

Seven high performance road cars, difficult and challenging circuit, engaging conversation and physics talk... all live and exclusive on our RaceDepartment Twitch channel!

How do I watch?

By viewing the video below! Now available in all it's 2 hours of glory on our YouTube channel :)

Assetto Corsa, available now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Bonus Pack 3 DLC releases for free to PC on December 20th, with console to follow shortly afterwards.

AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview 2.jpg
AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview 3.jpg
AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview.jpg
AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview 4.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Watching live or tuning in later on YouTube? Have any specific questions you want us to ask on the live stream? Have you subscribed to our channel yet :D Looking forward to Bonus Pack 3? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
i think he means roll it over, , too me the best physics I enjoyed wi AC was in 0,4 early access, or should I put it best enjoyable driving experience, was same with Iracing with the lotus 79 in it's early years, was such a joy too race maybe not realistic but boy was it fun then changed it n was no longer

I'm just looking forward into the future of Assetto Corsa.

(I just hope that the balance of between updating the next AC Game would focus not just on a single side of every gamers cause really - their current ways to take the next steps updating Assetto Corsa is too linear, and I'm not talking about the console version of the game with XBOX ONE's delay in terms of fixing that one oh no I'm not).

I would also love to see a semi compatibility in terms of modding capabilities if modders decide to port their mods into the next game, so despite there would be more features in a single car's function will be present in AC2, there would be less work to be done porting it completely.

But I would also like to see the KN5 container to require a sort of online verification from KUNOS themselves just to combat rip-off mods which is currently a stupid plague in the AC community already - and I am aware this isn't a simple task to do, cause we can always just ignore those lousy mods on the first place.

TL;DR - I just can't wait for Laguna Seca (ikr)

Questions about track:

Did they visit the actual location for photos and in general, this time? Assuming not because of costs/time

How they acquired scan data? Usual way (renting scanning van) or did Laguna Seca/Mazda have this data already, which they handed over? Since Kunos has some earlier deals with Mazda

About cars:

How many cars of AC Aris (and/or the Kunos team) has had chance to drive in real life? Any favourites?

Was obtaining data for Tipo 33 difficult, since it's older quite rare car? How much data they got, in comparison to newer ones

A few questions just ran through my mind for Aris

1. How important are external factors to test and properly appreciate physics ? Such as FOV, FFB settings, also attitude - really getting down with the car. Also does it mean that physics are bad if someone dislikes the handling ?
2. Gyro enabled or disabled ? :D
3. Is there differences between theoretical car parameters and practical (in real life) ? As cars could possibly built with slight error, also parts can deform a little by being raced very hard. How close cars can come to their designs on paper, and how long they would stay in such shape ?
4. Which manufacturer was most generous in terms of data ?
5. Could static graphical model of tire result in more visible graphical cars movement vertically while driving over bumps ? I mean than it would with a tire which graphically deforms.
6. Not going to ask about rolling over a car, because this would be better question to Stefano, I think :D

7. Will tires dig into sand in Laguna Seca, if the car would side slide to it ? :)

Hi Aris. I wonder how the process is when you do new cars. I guess you first add all the data into the car and then add the correct places of dampers/suspensions etc. What I wonder is how much "feeling" and adaption you use. I guess you are driving the real car to get a feeling as well and not just to gather data. How do you adapt the "feeling" into your cars before releasing the final product?

Hello, Aris. My questions:

Are Kunos satisfied with the quality of the latest tire model (version 10)? Is it supposed to be improved, and if so, in what way?

Laguna Seca was in production for a year and a half! Can we see new laser scans more often? For example, I do not mind paying for new laser scans. Most mods are significantly inferior in quality.

In general, how in Kunos see the development of the project in the coming years? What are the planned DLC, tracks, systemnews in the game itself?

Thanks for the great game!

Last edited:
Hello everybody! It's great to see so many of you interested to tonight's live stream, really looking forward to it!

Still, in order to keep correct expectations, the stream is about Bonus Pack 3 cars and circuit, and not about AC future or KUNOS Simulazioni future plans.
My job in KUNOS nowadays is limited exclusively in the recreation of the physics and handling of the cars simulated. As such, I'm not the correct person to ask questions about the future of AC/KUNOS, nor I'm in charge or have a say for such matters. So my knowledge regarding the subject is practically zero.

I'm positive that Marco and Stefano, the only persons able to reply to such questions, will let us all know, when there will be something to know about it.
Until then, I'll be more than happy to show, explain, talk and answer questions about all the great things that we have in AC current state and release. :)

Cheers!

I could think of a thousand questions so narrowed it down to two if Paul would be so kind tonight:

1) Which car have you driven in Real Life that you then put into AC that you like the most?

2) VR in it's current state is simply great in AC, not your area but do you know if there are any future plans to enhance VR in AC further? or are Kunos pretty much happy with where it's at right now?

Thanks

ok, so more , maybe, interesting question.
as I'm a potato programmer, how far is ac from reality, in specific, about how tires work, like weight force on the side wall, and all other specific force when driving.
if you can determinate in %, how far is ac from real life data? What is missing, if something missing :p
just to understand the overall simulation

Where does engine braking data come from ? For example for Alfa Romeo 33 stradale. It makes quite a lot of difference when downshifting aggressively. I noticed that it is more common practice to make it less interfering, easier. Can't wait to lock wheels in braking zone to corkscrew with Lotus 25.

How do you guys determine road surface grip of tracks, for example how it was determined for Laguna Seca ? In the end there is big difference if the standard friction coefficient is 0.98 or 0.99. Also are those fixed grip values measured from straights, or from polished and rubbered racing lines in the curves, or is it some kind of average friction values ? As far as I understand, you can't laserscan surface friction coefficient. Does track owners provide data, or you bring some device yourself, for example British pendulum ?

Also will Laguna Seca off track sand be loose and damping speed, or will it be compacted and not damping too much ?

Last edited:
@Aristotelis καλησπέρα.

I would like to ask

1. There is myth that you semi-simulate chassis flex by using roll bars numbers different than real life ones. Is that true?

2. Why you haven't yet simulate transmission flexing?

3. Are we going to see brake temperature/fading in all cars?

4. Could you explain why AC suffers so much from the kerb of death thing?

5. Is the awd code final as it is today?

6. Is the current tyre model the final one?

7. Is there a car that you know that it's not well done in the simulator?

8. Last thing : if you would back to early stages of AC , what would be the first thing that you would do different?

Thanks

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 338 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years