Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview With Aris - Monday 18th December - LIVE!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview 5.jpg

This Monday 18th December we have a special feature lined up..! Talk and Drive Interviews return with several Assetto Corsa 'Bonus Pack 3' cars, Laguna Seca and Aris from Kunos Simulazioni!

With the upcoming new 'Bonus Pack 3' DLC due to launch this December 20th, we have taken the opportunity to have a go in some of the seven new cars scheduled to release as part of the latest Assetto Corsa DLC, lapping the brand new laser scanned Laguna Seca circuit whilst speaking with Kunos physics guru Aristotelis Vasilakos!

Seven high performance road cars, difficult and challenging circuit, engaging conversation and physics talk... all live and exclusive on our RaceDepartment Twitch channel!

How do I watch?

By viewing the video below! Now available in all it's 2 hours of glory on our YouTube channel :)

Assetto Corsa, available now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Bonus Pack 3 DLC releases for free to PC on December 20th, with console to follow shortly afterwards.

AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview 2.jpg
AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview 3.jpg
AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview.jpg
AC Bonus Pack 3 Talk and Drive Interview 4.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Watching live or tuning in later on YouTube? Have any specific questions you want us to ask on the live stream? Have you subscribed to our channel yet :D Looking forward to Bonus Pack 3? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Hmm... Ok, questions about current AC only...

- You're doing double wishbone, McPherson and some Multi-Link suspensions natively in AC. How hard is it for you to "emulate" other suspension types like a live axle or torsion bar with the AC native types. Is it much more of a trial and error process to get it right or do you do some calculations and it works basically right away?

How do you do active suspension? The Porsche 911 turbo has soft suspension when being slow and stiffens up at higher speed to not be boaty. Does this get simulated too?
And will we see cars from Koenigsegg and Bugatti some day? (Hypercars) I would really want to see a Chiron, Regera or Venom

Will you consider simulating different fuel maps? For GT3 cars.

Have a lookup table that has different fuel consumption figures (probably easiest part to do)
than have maybe another lookup table that reduces power a bit to engine (low/mid/high)?

I am not sure how iracing/pcars2/rre does it

but I think it would be good feature to have in AC.

Thanks.

Question, so with laser scanning of tracks being banned (last years April fool joke at RD) did you get the track
only joking.....

serious question
whats more important the track or the car in AC pick one.?

im a track person over a car. :D

Until then, I'll be more than happy to show, explain, talk and answer questions about all the great things that we have in AC current state and release.

Great so I have a question, the current AI are ok but not great, as right now the AI in Assetto Corsa are unable to reverse once they spin out or face the opposite direction ( they usually retire or struggle to rejoin a race if they go off track), Will the AI be improved in the current version of Assetto Corsa and the issue of them not being able to reverse & rejoin the race be fixed, or will we have to wait until a AC 2 before they are fixed and are able to reverse?.

Question 1 to Aris: By creating the sound for the Huracan Performante, what was the "basic sound"?
1) Huracan GT3
2) Gallardo SL
3) Made from scratch using records from the real car
4) others

Question 2 to Aris: How you created the sound for the Giulia Quadrifoglio?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back