Automobilista: V1.1 and Brit Pack Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have (finally) released the latest update to Automobilista, bringing with it several enhancements to the simulation and the first ever paid DLC package in the form of the 'Brit Pack', featuring three new British circuits and eight new UK themed vehicles.

Initially planned for release towards the end of September, after some delays with the Steam DLC launch the Brit Pack is finally available to purchase, and contains a selection of rather epic British cars and circuits created in "close collaboration with the manufacturers and input from several of their respective real world drivers". As with most content found in Automobilista, the new cars and circuits benefit from the exceptional attention to detail, and, for the first time in Automobilista's history, laserscan data has been used to aid in the creation of Brands Hatch and Oulton Park.

Alongside the new DLC package, Reiza have also updated the base Automobilista simulation, bringing the title up to version 1.1 and adding several fixes and enhancements to the game.

1.10 Changelog
  • Added DLC system for purchase & ownership verification
  • Added Radio Spotter feature
  • Improved vehicled shaders & applied to all older cars along with skin adjustments
  • Added left / right driver seat configuration option to Ultimas and Caterhams; Caterham 270 & 360R now also have option to remove roll cage
  • Adjusted rear wing efficiency on Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Superkart, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted tires on F-V12, Montana, StockV8, Boxer Cup, Ultima GTR
  • Adjusted AI Torque Stab in all cars to reduce their excessive stability when in contact with player car
  • Added Vehicle Configuration menu to Vehicle Showroom
  • DynHUD: Improved Delta widget functionality in Time Trial mode
  • Updated vehicle shaders
  • Added new batch of community drivers
  • F-Vee: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Metalmoro: Main LOD optimization for better performance / lower memory load
  • Boxer Cup: Adjusted mirror position
  • SuperV8: Added configuration option for cockpit type

Brit Pack DLC Contents
Tracks
  • Brands Hatch (2 layouts)
  • Cadwell Park
  • Oulton Park (4 layouts)
Cars
  • Ultima GTR (road & race version)
  • F-Trainer (Novice & Advanced versions)
  • MCR Sports 2000
  • Caterhams - 270 (Academy series), 360R (Superlight Series), and the mighty 620R.

Automobilista is available for PC right now. The Brit Pack DLC is available to purchase on Steam for £14.99 or is free for beta backers and those with the Reiza Membership package. Steam are currently offering a 10% reduction in price until October 28th.

Automobilista Brit Pack DLC.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 3.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 6.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack DLC 2.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 4.jpg Automobilista Brit Pack 1.jpg

The Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment is THE place to check out the latest news, engage in the hottest discussions, download the latest mods and join in the best Club and League racing events for the sim. Head over and join in the fun today!

Looking forward to the Brit Pack DLC for Automobilista? Which piece of content are you most interested to try? How are you finding the sim since it hit version 1? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't find the Brit pack appealing and less considering the $... The season pass is more attractive (Wish I knew more about it , I could support that, plush gives you access to beta versions).

One thing I found frustrating with this update is the intrusive ads. Why clutter the GUI with garbage!

Much like KS had done with their previous tactics... this makes me never want to launch this game ever again... cant stand this type of tactics... the use of the splash screen for that is enough, Plus we already know about the DLC from steam launcher.

Shame on Reiza on useless clutter. Hope they correct it soon.

I don't find the Brit pack appealing and less considering the $... The season pass is more attractive (Wish I knew more about it , I could support that, plush gives you access to beta versions).

One thing I found frustrating with this update is the intrusive ads. Why clutter the GUI with garbage!

Much like KS had done with their previous tactics... this makes me never want to launch this game ever again... cant stand this type of tactics... the use of the splash screen for that is enough, Plus we already know about the DLC from steam launcher.

Shame on Reiza on useless clutter. Hope they correct it soon.
What ads?

Seriously are you offended by a different image when the loading the game?? What about all that people that don´t know about the brit pack? the league I'm running now, almost no one know about the new dlc, besides Reiza needs to make sales to stay alive and well

Edit: I din´t know about does links in game menu... maybve a bit annoying..

Boxer almost all future content in for the dlc's is already are known, take a look in this thread, but reiza will continue to make free content!

Last edited:
Reiza have provided so much free content over the years, free upgrades to newer versions of the game, etc that I find it hard to understand any comments complaining about the price of their first DLC pack. Again, we see the self entitlement that unfortunately is so prevalent in the sim racing community.

Reiza have provided so much free content over the years, free upgrades to newer versions of the game, etc that I find it hard to understand any comments complaining about the price of their first DLC pack. Again, we see the self entitlement that unfortunately is so prevalent in the sim racing community.

Don´t do that Andrew. People do have their oppinions if something is worth the price or not. I can understand that for some people it is too much. I for one won´t buy any Kunos DLC´s anymore because I don´t want them for whatever reason. They will vote with their money and that is completely fine.
I know that it probably is a completely different ball game for both of us since I recon you are a backer too of their simracing bonanza.
Cheers

The Brit-Pack is half the price of the full game - not so hard to understand IMO. Of course, the season pass is much better value.

~1 euro per car and ~3 per track seems to be reasonable even when comparing to other games ...

considering that core game is fairly priced it is not that bad .. and you have season pass as better deal as you mentioned ... plus they gave us 10 or so cars for free and few tracks as well

But yep at first glance it might seems bit pricy .. but still you get 8 cars and 7 layouts of 3 tracks done in high quality ..

Last edited:
Don´t do that Andrew. People do have their oppinions if something is worth the price or not. I can understand that for some people it is too much. I for one won´t buy any Kunos DLC´s anymore because I don´t want them for whatever reason. They will vote with their money and that is completely fine.
I know that it probably is a completely different ball game for both of us since I recon you are a backer too of their simracing bonanza.
Cheers
I'll do what I want, thanks. See, that was my opinion, and I'm just as entitled to speak it as everyone else is about the price.

I am not a backer of the Reiza bonanza thing, I don't like early access/kickstarter type things.

And no where in my post did I have a go at anyone for expressing their opinion on the price, I simply said I don't understand their opinion and gave my reasons why. People can disagree with me, I'm perfectly fine with that. This is a forum, it happens.

Because a lot of people didn't know about Stock Car Extreme and all the free upgrades that one got. Compared to the content you get in Automobilista, the Brit pack is *very* expensive.

Yes, I realize this mainly means that the main Automobilista package is *extremely* good value, but in this case I'm willing to give people the benefit of the doubt. Right now the Automobilista Brit pack costs 18 euros. For that you get 3 tracks, 2 of them laserscanned, and 4 to 8 cars, depending on whether you think the Catarham and F-Trainer variants are different cars or not.

Meanwhile, in Assetto Corsa, there's DreamPack 1, 2, and 3, which you can also buy for 18 euros in total. For that you get 25 cars (or 27 cars, becuase the M4 with the weird russian name is still an M4) and 3 laserscanned tracks, including the infamous Nordschleife.

Compared to that, it's not really a contest, even if Automobilista, IMO, is the better sim.

Guys haven't raced AMS for a while, question I got. Do backers of the the kickstarter Reiza 2017 get this DLC? I know I backed the kickstarter thing and I think I chose to have the new game when released(some info on that be nice :whistling:), anyway not sure just asking........ :cautious: :thumbsup:

Guys haven't raced AMS for a while, question I got. Do backers of the the kickstarter Reiza 2017 get this DLC? I know I backed the kickstarter thing and I think I chose to have the new game when released(some info on that be nice :whistling:), anyway not sure just asking........ :cautious: :thumbsup:
yes this and all future dlcs for free

Because a lot of people didn't know about Stock Car Extreme and all the free upgrades that one got. Compared to the content you get in Automobilista, the Brit pack is *very* expensive.

Yes, I realize this mainly means that the main Automobilista package is *extremely* good value, but in this case I'm willing to give people the benefit of the doubt. Right now the Automobilista Brit pack costs 18 euros. For that you get 3 tracks, 2 of them laserscanned, and 4 to 8 cars, depending on whether you think the Catarham and F-Trainer variants are different cars or not.

Meanwhile, in Assetto Corsa, there's DreamPack 1, 2, and 3, which you can also buy for 18 euros in total. For that you get 25 cars (or 27 cars, becuase the M4 with the weird russian name is still an M4) and 3 laserscanned tracks, including the infamous Nordschleife.

Compared to that, it's not really a contest, even if Automobilista, IMO, is the better sim.
yes AC DLC prising is very very good .. but than in ACs core game you have 9 tracks in AMS it is 34 or so
On the other hand AC has 53 cars (to be little bias have you ever driven half of them more than once?) vs 36 cars in AMS (technically 7 less as Marcas are basicaly one car and same with V8stocks) .. but that just shows it is not that simple to compare this

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back