Automobilista is now available on Steam Early Access

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Automobilista Cars.jpg

AUTOMOBILISTA puts you in the driving seat of one of the most advanced racing simulators and delivers a uniquely diverse motorsports experience!

As the natural successor to Reiza Studios´ previous title - the highly regarded Stock Car Extreme, originally released in 2013 - AUTOMOBILISTA continues to simulate the premium Brazilian racing series such as Stock Car V8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Formula 3 Brasil and Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, now packing every car and every track from their respective 2015 championships.

Beyond the brazilian core, AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles you will find in a racing game: only in AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to jump from a rental kart to a 800-HP F1 car; from drifting a Rallycross EvoX to jumping ramps in a Supertruck; from mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee to managing a full 24h race in an endurance prototype; back and forth through historical and modern content featuring a sample of several decades of GP racing - all of this and much more within a few mouse clicks. Thoroughly researched and cohesively developed for maximum simulation accuracy, AUTOMOBILISTA captures the fun only motorsports in its various forms can provide.

In addition to the content already present in Stock Car Extreme - all of which comprehensively upgraded - AUTOMOBILISTA turns it up to a new level by adding all the new cars & tracks proposed in the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign, new simulation features such as dynamic track conditions, advanced transmission and tire modelling, substantial upgrades to physics, graphics & audio, new game modes and much more!

Keep in mind the title is still an advanced beta and being released in Early Access - some bits and bobs still to add and improvements to be made. We´ll also be sharing more information as to how to get the best out of Automobilista as we progress through the week.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Do not copy your player PLR, controller or config.ini from SCE or any previous title. Save yourself some trouble and start fully fresh.

Last edited:
Yay, AMS is now showing up on the steam server list!

Was wondering, is there a way to change the default controller in the menu? Right now I have to load up my controller settings every time I start AMS.

I did have a little bit of fun last night on the autocross track. It was just agains 5 other AI just mucking about trying to get a feel of things. The AI needs a little work since they all decide to brake needlessly on a tiny dropoff, and near the start/finish line on Tykki.

Here is a short 5 lap race with 5 other AI. I had the AI difficulty at 95%, they must be pretty slow at that setting because I am sure I'm not that good :)

The controller settings should save. Are you 100% sure they have not saved? Just cause it shows Digital Gamepad as the preset, that is not the presently loaded configuration.

If it's not saving, are you running the game as a standard user? Can you try running as admin?

Well after my RRE club race tonight I decided to fire up AMS for the first time, cranked all the detail to high, set my preferred FOV and set the FFB to how I usually have it in GSCE. Then fired up the Touring cars and chose the Renault. Superb little car.
What can I say?:confused::notworthy::notworthy:
2016-03-01_00001_zpsiklcnpot.jpg

ams%201_zps1ipp7ie4.jpg

ams%204_zpsxog1kwet.jpg

But WOW, thanks Reiza, it is superb. Runs much smoother and faster than my GSCE and sounds good, goes great and I just love the hud now. It feels great straight out of the box for me. Can't see me going back to my GSCE much now to be honest.
Thanks for the free updated game Reiza, really appreciate it.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wow AMS is looking so nice here!!! Thanks Reiza for this release :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Solid same fps as I had in SCE. Thanks for adding some options in the menu so we won't have to go to plr and edit it.
One thing I wish you had learned (and maybe you could add in future patches, or I'm sorry if it is already there and I missed it): the mirrors.... the one you use is too big. I've said it a few times you should include a medium one (2048x128) and the low one (1024x64) with option to choose it in the menu. Would help a lot of people. At least on the res I run (1360x720) running the stock mirror is pure waste of GPU.

Oh and thank you very much for boardless window :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Am im the only one who have good wheel settings for stock cars but not happy with Formula cars? I don't even know how to explain it... The steering in Formula cars is just weird, like everything in settings is wrong. not good FFB, to sensitive etc while the same settings works great in Stock Car and I don't manage to find settings that I like in Formula cars...

Please, anyone figured out how to fix crash at start? after some seconds the game crashes.

Also AMS Config.exe crash after ok button is pressed:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AMS Config.exe
Application Version: 0.2.0.0
Application Timestamp: 56d47419
Fault Module Name: AMS Config.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.2.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 56d47419
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00004ff0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1046
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Just had a 2 hour session trying out various car and track combinations and Ive got to say, I'm mightily impressed.

Graphics: A nudge up from GSCE with little or no performance drop off on my PC
Sounds: Great
Physics: Subtle but definite improvements from what I can tell, especially to FFB, car weight distribution and tire modelling
Content: Rallycross and Supertrucks are a whole bundle of fun

Great Job Reiza!!! Thanks so much :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Steam is a horrible system... after getting tired of waiting for the downloads 6hrs+ (up 8GB downloaded) I closed steam and turned off my PC... now I login in to find out I'm back to 0Mb downloaded... I hope future updates are not in full... because this is extremely painful.

can someone confirm I can't quit steam once I start the download? or turn off the PC.

Steam is a horrible system... after getting tired of waiting for the downloads 6hrs+ (up 8GB downloaded) I closed steam and turned off my PC... now I login in to find out I'm back to 0Mb downloaded... I hope future updates are not in full... because this is extremely painful.

can someone confirm I can't quit steam once I start the download? or turn off the PC.
You can turn off your PC and continue the download later (this is why Steam is good). Something went wrong mate =/

Thanks... that's what I thought, I am sure I had done before... but clearly it didn't work for this game... at least not for me... I made sure I close steam correctly and did proper shutdown of my PC. Too bad .... nothing I can do but try again....:mad:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.