Automobilista is now available on Steam Early Access

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Automobilista Cars.jpg

AUTOMOBILISTA puts you in the driving seat of one of the most advanced racing simulators and delivers a uniquely diverse motorsports experience!

As the natural successor to Reiza Studios´ previous title - the highly regarded Stock Car Extreme, originally released in 2013 - AUTOMOBILISTA continues to simulate the premium Brazilian racing series such as Stock Car V8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Formula 3 Brasil and Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, now packing every car and every track from their respective 2015 championships.

Beyond the brazilian core, AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles you will find in a racing game: only in AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to jump from a rental kart to a 800-HP F1 car; from drifting a Rallycross EvoX to jumping ramps in a Supertruck; from mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee to managing a full 24h race in an endurance prototype; back and forth through historical and modern content featuring a sample of several decades of GP racing - all of this and much more within a few mouse clicks. Thoroughly researched and cohesively developed for maximum simulation accuracy, AUTOMOBILISTA captures the fun only motorsports in its various forms can provide.

In addition to the content already present in Stock Car Extreme - all of which comprehensively upgraded - AUTOMOBILISTA turns it up to a new level by adding all the new cars & tracks proposed in the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign, new simulation features such as dynamic track conditions, advanced transmission and tire modelling, substantial upgrades to physics, graphics & audio, new game modes and much more!

Keep in mind the title is still an advanced beta and being released in Early Access - some bits and bobs still to add and improvements to be made. We´ll also be sharing more information as to how to get the best out of Automobilista as we progress through the week.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Do not copy your player PLR, controller or config.ini from SCE or any previous title. Save yourself some trouble and start fully fresh.

Last edited:
You can either increase FFB Strength (if too much, you get clipping), or you can change the following line on Controller.ini:
FFB steer force neutral function="0.00000" (I set mine for 0.05000 - which is 5%)

So if I want to reduce the large ffb dead zone on my g29, should I set this to 0 or to the ffb dead zone amount, which is like 16% (so use 0.16)?

Regarding that Renault cockpit, with a bit of a seat position tweak its easy to get the view looking right.

Doesn't feel a lot different to GSCE, if anything there is slightly more tyre grip, mind you I've only tried the lancers & mini's @ Cordoba, looks like some of the car mods will work from GSCE as well, the ford Sv8's work in AMS. Looks as if some tracks will be ok as well just tried Adelaide 11 works fine. looks as if the multiplayer uses the same ports as GSCE, so will have to make sure I don't run both with the same ports at the same time.

After i bought GSE, i never played it because it only supported 3 devices.

So this evening i started up Automobilista for the first time and i have TERRIBLE performance issues running a race a with 25 AI grid

With a 980TI @ 1500Hz, an I7 4770K @ 4300Hz and 16GB ram, i should easily be able to play this game at high or max settings on 5760x1080 with 4AA? :confused:

- Am i doing somthing wrong ?
- Is there a driver update with a huge performance gain?
- Is this because the game is still in the beta stage?
- Or does this game actually perform that bad?

- Or does this game actually perform that bad?

You seriously think this is a valid option ? Cmon...:)

It's EA and people have performance issues, some other glitches and bugs are also present.
It will get sorted out, culprits will be found, there will be a troubleshooting FAQ and patches.
I suggest you surf the forums in the meantime and maybe try out certain things that were already proposed by the devs/other users. :thumbsup:

Yay, AMS is now showing up on the steam server list!

Was wondering, is there a way to change the default controller in the menu? Right now I have to load up my controller settings every time I start AMS.

I did have a little bit of fun last night on the autocross track. It was just agains 5 other AI just mucking about trying to get a feel of things. The AI needs a little work since they all decide to brake needlessly on a tiny dropoff, and near the start/finish line on Tykki.

Here is a short 5 lap race with 5 other AI. I had the AI difficulty at 95%, they must be pretty slow at that setting because I am sure I'm not that good :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.