Automobilista Hotfix Build 1.4.93 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista Update.jpg

Reiza Studios hotfix build 1.4.93 has been deployed to the Automobilista simulation recently, addressing the majority of the remaining issues with the most recent major build update.

The update hotfix released yesterday is the second additional build improvement to the title since the major November 24th update, and as such the final few outstanding issues that have arisen since the public launch have hopefully been addressed by Reiza Studios, including a couple of pesky CTD issues that have been causing a large number of players issues in recent weeks. For reference you can find the previous hotfix notes HERE.

The new release was deployed yesterday afternoon (Thursday 14th December) and can be seen in full below:
  • Fixed occasional CTD when crossing SF line on the first lap out of the pits online
  • Fixed various Sound issues potentially causing CTDs and possibly server lag
  • Fixed AMS Config resetting audio configuration
  • Restored pre 1.4.9 replay compatibility, (1.4.9 -> 1.4.92 replays will not work though)
  • Fixed major lag & potential CTD when someone joins a server when there are AI present
  • Fixed an issue where the finish session button would not work in the last few minutes of a session when player has set a time.
  • AI logic tweak to bring it more in line to overtaking behavior pre v1.4.9
  • Updated morning lighting values
  • Oulton: Fixed terrain hole inside pit lane exit
  • TC Classics: fixed window material name on Uno; fixed rear suspension modeling on Fusca

IMPORTANT: Audio configuration has been reset to STEREO SPEAKERS to address a configuration issue - if you have another audio configuration please run AMS Config and review the setting accordingly.

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Has the new build release addressed the quoted changelog issues for you? Are you satisfied with the state of the current build now? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I do here my support to those who try to make a racing simulator with real content without giving greater importance to the graphic level.
Hmm well, we are no more in year 2000, when we barely had 3D graphics.
I believe that nowadays a sim — for us, gamers — must have also up to date graphics. We have plenty of powerful GPUs and Multicore CPUs, so we can handle photorealistic graphics and realistic physics.

It's not utopia anymore to dream of GT Sports lighting engine, PC2 dynamic weather, with AC or rFactor2/AMS physics.

I believe that nowadays a sim — for us, gamers — must have also up to date graphics. We have plenty of powerful GPUs and Multicore CPUs, so we can handle photorealistic graphics and realistic physics.

It's not utopia anymore to dream of GT Sports lighting engine, PC2 dynamic weather, with AC or rFactor2/AMS physics.
how can you say that in each update put graphics improvements, but I feel cheated where is all the new sim of dx12 physical and more than promised.

how can you say that in each update put graphics improvements, but I feel cheated where is all the new sim of dx12 physical and more than promised.

It will take years to finish, which is probably why they decided to continue updating AMS. Even for rF2 it took over six months to get a semi buggy DX11 beta released and that was just re-writing the existing engine without any new shaders etc. If I understood correctly, what Reiza are doing for their next game is to implement an entire new engine, which is in no way done in a year.

It will take years to finish, which is probably why they decided to continue updating AMS. Even for rF2 it took over six months to get a semi buggy DX11 beta released and that was just re-writing the existing engine without any new shaders etc. If I understood correctly, what Reiza are doing for their next game is to implement an entire new engine, which is in no way done in a year.

And I suspect given that it is Reiza, when we do see it appear, it will be working properly with just a few tweaks (i.e., in beta form, not early alpha with no time line to be properly finished). They have developed and polished every aspect of the sim that does not relate to graphics and VR. Now, they can properly focus on that. Then, once they have a proper graphics engine that can actually perform properly, they can turn their attention to weather and better day/night cycle and other advanced features.

100% logical and efficient if you don't have money and resources to waste reinventing wheels and torturing your customers with half-baked stuff. I couldn't be happier with the prioritization.

We sincerely appreciate all the work done at RD, but If we could make a small request, it would be that it'd be nice if on official release articles at least, you could use official images provided in recent press releases. Thank you :)

For reference the latest images can be found on the Reiza Facebook page or in the latest posts in the News discussion board on our forums (less compression there).

Last edited:

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
We sincerely appreciate all the work done at RD, but If we could make a small request, it would be that it'd be nice if on official release articles at least, you could use official images provided in recent press releases. Thank you :)

For reference the latest images can be found on the Reiza Facebook page or in the latest posts in the News discussion board on our forums (less compression there).
To be fair to @Paul Jeffrey and RD, I think your core audience here will be much more interested in the changelog than the graphics in the article.

Love your work.
FF/ REW / PAUSE / etc. are all there, but please implement a replay point of reference in the U.I.
Those other buttons mean nothing, if you don't know where you are in a replay.
Thanks.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium

No worries buddy, all updated :)

Do me a favour though please (asking firmly tongue in cheek), make some more official pictures in future if you would be so kind :D :cool:

Variety is the spice of life :D

Probably you didn't read what I wrote...
In my answer to @cebeuno I was pointing out that with our actual PC power we can have both graphics and physics at top. We are not a F1 team who just need the physics area and DX9 graphics is OK for their simulator. As gamers, lovers of the simulation, we have to ask for more now. We can.

Then, if people is OK with DX9 graphics, it's sad, because technology gets better and we can have better in both areas. It's like still using a feature-phone from years 2000 while you can now have a powerful smartphone for a reasonable price.

I'm not saying anything about AMS as a simulation.
But in the future I hope Reiza can do something to vastly improve the graphics department.

Well said, those that say graphics are not important, are probably running on sandwich maker PCs, with 256MB video cards, not realizing you can now purchase video cards with 12GB and 16GB of memory.

Then, if people is OK with DX9 graphics, it's sad, because technology gets better and we can have better in both areas. It's like still using a feature-phone from years 2000 while you can now have a powerful smartphone for a reasonable price.

Grahpics can be improved without DX11, Reiza has already done so with new shaders etc. When iRacing moved to DX11 it first looked identical to DX9, same with rF2 except that they added some new post effects. DX version doesn't dictate how shaders, texture work, 3D models etc. are built. Biggest reason why AMS in certain sense looks outdated is that lots of the car cockpits in the game are very old, some from around the time when GSC/GSCE came out. That won't magically change with new DX interface.

The other reason is that the game still runs in 32-bits, which means you can only have limited detail in cars and tracks to avoid going above 4 GB RAM. Again, nothing to do with DX version.

Here’s what I find interesting. From my perspective is seems that people usually ask for/complain about better physics or car/track modeling “because it’s more realistic.” Yet people who ask for/complain about better graphics usually seem to do so simply because the graphics tech is capable of it or it “just looks cooler.” You seldom see people commenting on a need or wish for better graphics with realism as the desire. Can better graphics enhance realism? Absolutely. It just seems that realism is seldom mentioned as the underlying motive for wanting visual improvements.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.6%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000