Build 1.4.9 of Automobilista Released Today!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Update 1.4.9.jpg

Reiza Studios have released build 1.4.9 for Automobilista today, potentially one of the final updates to the simulation before it reaches its final finished state.

The new release for AMS brings with it plenty of improvements and fixes to the title such as AI enhancements and DRS tweaks, however perhaps most of the attention today will be focused around some fairly substantial changes and additions to the simulation, namely the brand new turbo model introduced to several cars and trucks, the new MetalMoro AJR prototype car, substantial HUD improvements and innovations and of course the 2017 Spielberg revamp.. so plenty to get stuck in to for players next time you restart your Steam account.

Build 1.4.9 Update Notes:

NEW CONTENT
  • Added Metalmoro AJR Prototype series
GENERAL
  • Added turbo model (used by cars in F-Classic, Lancer Cup, Mini, Metalmoro MR18 & AJR, F-Truck series)
  • Season Tool: Added calendar generation support; added additional track filters for series/type/venue/no of ai supported; added randomize action to selected calendar
  • Fixed a bug that would cause timing issues on first lap of rolling start
  • Added skip race button to championships events where a DLC track is not owned
  • Prevented pit fixtures from loading whilst a player is on track online (should reduce stutter when a new player joins)
  • Removed race percentage as a race length type option, added a Distance option
  • Added protection so that FFB isn´t run when in the options screen
  • Added time out failsafe to the finish session button, only allow 2 times the fastest lap of the session or 1/4 of the session time if no lap set yet, before being able to press next session
  • Removed race percentage time scale option
  • Improved Fuel Rate calculations to use a rolling 5 lap average for AI & Player
  • Adjusted fuel warning to when you have less than 3 complete laps of fuel left and disabled it when fuel consumption is disabled
UI & HUD
  • Revamped native HUD & TV overlay system
  • Added ability to customize HUD layout with customingamelayoutini (See support folder - read notes in the file!)
  • DynHUD is now disabled by default (can be enabled back in AMS Config)
  • Replaced UI font
  • Fixed loading screen text sizing at different resolutions
  • Updated championship mode UI
  • Tweaked team name sorting code so that teams no longer require unique names (removing V12, V10, 2015, 2017 suffixes)
  • Combined Online Chat & Timing Monitor screens
  • Fixed last car disappearing on timing screen when a player is removed before starting a race
AUDIO
  • Added new interior and exterior curb samples (currently only in Formula V10)
  • Fixed possible occasional clicks and pops in audio (mostly noticeable on curbs / some engine sounds)
  • Fixed external shift sound sometimes producing artifacts when vehicle is far away
  • Slightly refactored external audio filter (should sound nicer when approaching / leaving camera)
  • Sound now pans from one side to the other in tracking external cameras (can be tweaked from PLR file)
  • Reverb level in surround mode can be adjusted per speaker from PLR file
  • Ambient sounds have been refactored, they are now in mp3 format and can be unique per track
  • Added new track announcer voice sound effects
  • Crowds now have two levels, excited and normal (more to come later)
  • Pit sound effects play only if you are in actual pit (be it viewing your own or opponent vehicle)
  • Disabled pitSounds and Ambient sounds for Audio PostFX on low setting
  • Announcer and crowd sounds are not played in test day / time trial
  • All vehicle sounds should now be in center / not panned to side regardles of audio output configuration, if wav files don't have any pan in them
  • Fixed spotter spotting other vehicles when private qualifying is active (needs more testing)
  • Fixed bumpstop sound being triggered too often over curbs causing some clicks
  • Menu UI sounds do not produce clicks anymore if cursor is moved quickly over them
  • Reverb is muted when switching cameras
  • Ambient sound volume/pan is randomized slightly when switching external cameras
AI
  • Adjusted AI so that its less affected when driving side by side or when a drive quickly approaches from behind
  • Minor fix to reduce AI pulling to the inside when quite far behind other cars and approaching corners
  • Toned down AI "Sudden Move" scalar in all cars
  • Reduced AI aggression in all formula cars
CONTENT FIXES & UPDATES
  • Corrected DRS zone ends at Spielberg, Hockenheim, Kansai (preventing AI from flapping wing open/closed in post DRS braking zones)
  • Added 2 new clear / slightly clouded sky sets
  • Minor LOD adjustments to F-Vintage, F-Vee
  • Increased P2P power in StockV8, Montana
  • Spielberg: Complete track revamp to 2017 version & updated graphics
  • Cascavel: Reduced garage depth to stop cars crashing into pit wall leaving garages
  • Velopark: Fixed object popping in back straight
  • Adelaide: Fixed Supertruck Ramp Material sound
  • F-Vee: Updated external sounds
  • F-Dirt: Updated external sounds
  • SuperTruck: Reduced AI aggression
  • Ultima: Added LSD to road cars
  • Super V8: Adjusted AI fuel estimating
  • F-V12: minor tire adjustments
  • F-Classic: minor tire adjustments
  • F-Vintage: Minor AI tweak
  • F-Ultimate: Minor AI tweak
  • Mini: Fixed max number of opponents to 23
  • Metalmoro MR18: Adjusted fuel estimates
  • F-Classic: Added analogue cockpit configuration option; Fixed mirrors texture size, material mapping, overexposure, distortion
  • TC Classics: Updated cockpit textures (now all cockpits are in the main bodywork color and cockpit, roll cages can be skinned independently); Fixed various minor graphical glitches; Updated community skins; increased engine inertia; Fixed wrong VX IDs
GENERAL NOTES:

Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation is still on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled LogitechG29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

If you want to know more about the new MetalMoro AJR Prototype, check out the preview article HERE.

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

AMS Update 1.4.9 2.jpg
AMS Update 1.4.9 3.jpg

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new update yet? What do you think of the latest build and new content added to the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Have you tried the new update yet? What do you think of the latest build and new content added to the game?
Gosh!...it is hard to imagine how much work is involved in Sim Development until you see each update log and although this is quite small compared to others it still amazes me that there is still work to do. The latest build is fantastic and the new AJR is just superb...and with v1.5 just around the corner I personally would have to say I am REALLY looking forward to Reiza's next Sim based on the exceptional work they have done on Automobilista.:D

Thank you Reiza!

Unlike the plugin HUDs, it seems to me that the new HUD apparently doesn't require any specific version of d3d9.dll. I base this on the fact that the GID installation I was using in 1.4.8 continues to work. Makes sense since the new HUD is "integral" to the game.

My question on the new HUD is what is meant by the line "It's not possible to modify the MFD" in the sample config file? Is MFD referring to the entirety of the new HUD or some specific portion/element of it? I'm basically just wondering if it's possible to hide some of the HUD elements.

Reiza continue to knock it out of the park with this game. The new HUD is fantastic and the game really feels like a quality finish product. Updates have come regularly and each one brings improvements, I can't wait to see what they can do with their new title which is under development.

I did not buy AMS until pretty late in the development cycle thinking it was just an RF1 spin off, how wrong I was. Can't recommend this game enough to any serious sim racers.

Just spent an hour with the new update on stream. It's great as always. The Metalmoro is a great car in all four versions (I think I like the Judd one most), even though it definitely takes some getting used to. Same goes for the new HUD - looks very nice, just need to get used to it, I kept glancing at the wrong places.

Funny thing, though - I did a 10 minute race with the Metalmoro on Interlagos with 15 AI cars, fell down to last place, but pretty much on the last lap, most of the field just crashed out and DNF'd, leaving me on the podium :) At one point, there was cars and car parts everywhere :D Quite unexpected ;)

Last edited:
My question on the new HUD is what is meant by the line "It's not possible to modify the MFD" in the sample config file? Is MFD referring to the entirety of the new HUD or some specific portion/element of it? I'm basically just wondering if it's possible to hide some of the HUD elements.

I believe MFD = The window that you can cycle through in the bottom right. It can't be moved/adjusted like everything else.

The game that keeps on giving!

thanks for your devotion and support! I look forward to your future releases.

*just went for a spin ingame and the new font and gui on track is very nice. minimal yet informative.

time to go give the trucks a test drive

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%