Automobilista Build 0.8.7r Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista new build.jpg

Reiza Studios have rolled out another build update for Steam Early Access title Automobilista bringing a number of small hotfix improvements and hopefully a cure to the dreaded issue of controller inputs failing to register in multiplayer situations.

Reiza continue to deliver regular updates to both Beta and Early Access versions of the title and todays patch is another small step forward for the natural successor to the popular Game Stock Car Extreme.

Although only containing minor fixes and updates, build 0.8.7r hopefully should address an issue affecting many users where the game fails to recognise steering wheel and pedal inputs when attempting to race in online events. Although not affecting all users of the sim, this bug has been a major distraction to those wishing to participate online and a permanent fix to the issue will be well received amongst the community. Please feel free to post below this article if you are still experiencing the issue with the new build.

Build 0.8.7r is available to download now via Steam and as always with Early Access titles it is advisable to create a fresh install to avoid unnecessary complications and conflicts with previous files.

Build v0.8.7 Changelog:
  • Added a function to split "Automobilista" and "Automobilista Beta" server listings in Steam matchmaker
  • Reverted FFB reset Function added in v0.8.6 (hopefully addressing issues with controllers stop working altogether in some systems after switching sessions)
  • Fixed spinner arrow functionality in UI
  • Fixed logFolder initialization for DynHUD editor
  • Fixed a couple of errors & fine-tuned functionality for sequential boxes & downshift protection in semi-automatic ones
  • Salvador: Fixed first pit box having wrong direction arrow.
  • Velopark: Fixed lack of working decals on pitstands and team trucks
  • Rental Kart: corrected collision and shadow mesh
RaceDepartment have our very own Racing Club running a variety of content across many of the circuits found in AMS with large grids and close clean racing, don't forget to check it out now at the Automobilista RaceDepartment forum.

How do you feel Early Access is progressing for Reiza's latest offering? Has the new build removed broken online controller configuration issues for you? Do you enjoy AMS? Let us know below!

What am I doing wrong/right? The F3 and the stock cars paddle shift with zero issues...up and down at will. No clutch needed at all (auto clutch "on"). Only if you try to do something ridiculous that would over-rev the engine will it prevent downshifting (use the brakes, people). If you bind the tranny after an off-track excursion (e.g., facing backwards), you might have to use the clutch to get back to N or 1st gear, just as you would in the real cars. I can't figure out what settings people are using that prevent even "granny" shifting?
so if you sit in pits with F3 and rev then try to change to first while revving the car you can do this?

I sat in the pit garage for about 10 minutes yesterday just trying to pull out... found that for some strange reason my brake pedal in game was fully depressed even though it wasn't being touched. Not the same issue but guess it's something to do with the controllers being properly identified by the game.

Although Reiza themselves have already stated that down-shift protection will need some more finetuning, the outcry is always big when such a system is introduced.
Was the same in AC but over time people learned to deal with it and i'm sure that soon it will also be a non-issue in AMS.

There's a difference between learning to deal with unrealistic limitations and comfortably dealing with realistic ones. I still feel some AC cars are a bit constraining.

Also people love to tell people they're being plebs who don't know how to drive and should learn to use the brakes when they complain of excessive debounce. Sorry but engine compression does help slow you down and it is noticeable when you're prevented from doing so. It basically takes away a few pressure % of brake power in effect. If its not perfectly realistic I see no reason to not be frustrated. Few hesitate in condemning the complaint however regardless of merit.

Snobs though love to get down with calling people out. Its a sport in simming. Makes me exhausted reading it.

Still dead for me.

Aww man that's not good to hear... have you tried this ?

Hi guys , I know @Ashley Cowan had this issue the other night.
If you have not already done so please make sure you delete the controller.ini file in your profile, do an integrity check and setup the controllers again, this seemed to fix it for Ashley in the the small amount of testing we did.

Hope its sorted after the above matey, too many quality AMS races to be missing out for long :)

Is there a way to increase Brake Sensitivity?
I don't know what you mean exactly. If you want brakes to be more effective you either need to increase brake pressure or check to see if the brake temperatures are in their optimal range. Too much or too little brake duct will lead to brake fade or insufficient temperature for the brakes to bite as best as they can when you enter the brake zone, at least until they warm up.

This is now fixed in the latest patch and you can rev the engine and drop it into first:)
Yeh just had a go and no such problems... Incidentally How much fun are the super v8's? Having an absolute blast with them around nurburgring! Never liked them in gsce. With the skins by @Rob Fitness they are a joy. Such great fun! And so much better than with the generic skins, they look really bad (sorry reiza!)

Guys, blip the throttle while downshifting and you don't have to worry about the gear protection.
See, I have autoblip set up in the options. I also have autoclutch. It's really annoying to have to blip during downshifting and to be forced to use a clutch when you want to upshift to first.

I currently have terrible pedals and those aids are almost necessary to make driving a comfortable experience. I have no doubt that reiza will fine tune the changes to where they should be, but right now it can be infuriating on the track.

IRL Aussie v8's DON'T have down shift protection, they have a rev limiting valve (much like the pit speed limiter) which cuts in @ 7500rpm to restrict damage from over revving the motor during down shifts.
Many real race cars don't have this downshift protection, I would like to see it applied to cars that have it, but leave it off the cars that don't, for realism's sake. Also it doesn't teach engine revs management where constant over revving during downshift can detonate the power plant and end your race.

Just my two cents

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back