Automobilista Build 0.8.7r Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista new build.jpg

Reiza Studios have rolled out another build update for Steam Early Access title Automobilista bringing a number of small hotfix improvements and hopefully a cure to the dreaded issue of controller inputs failing to register in multiplayer situations.

Reiza continue to deliver regular updates to both Beta and Early Access versions of the title and todays patch is another small step forward for the natural successor to the popular Game Stock Car Extreme.

Although only containing minor fixes and updates, build 0.8.7r hopefully should address an issue affecting many users where the game fails to recognise steering wheel and pedal inputs when attempting to race in online events. Although not affecting all users of the sim, this bug has been a major distraction to those wishing to participate online and a permanent fix to the issue will be well received amongst the community. Please feel free to post below this article if you are still experiencing the issue with the new build.

Build 0.8.7r is available to download now via Steam and as always with Early Access titles it is advisable to create a fresh install to avoid unnecessary complications and conflicts with previous files.

Build v0.8.7 Changelog:
  • Added a function to split "Automobilista" and "Automobilista Beta" server listings in Steam matchmaker
  • Reverted FFB reset Function added in v0.8.6 (hopefully addressing issues with controllers stop working altogether in some systems after switching sessions)
  • Fixed spinner arrow functionality in UI
  • Fixed logFolder initialization for DynHUD editor
  • Fixed a couple of errors & fine-tuned functionality for sequential boxes & downshift protection in semi-automatic ones
  • Salvador: Fixed first pit box having wrong direction arrow.
  • Velopark: Fixed lack of working decals on pitstands and team trucks
  • Rental Kart: corrected collision and shadow mesh
RaceDepartment have our very own Racing Club running a variety of content across many of the circuits found in AMS with large grids and close clean racing, don't forget to check it out now at the Automobilista RaceDepartment forum.

How do you feel Early Access is progressing for Reiza's latest offering? Has the new build removed broken online controller configuration issues for you? Do you enjoy AMS? Let us know below!

Hello? Anyone? ;)

Well I'll get the ball rolling then.. !

New build feedback from some people I know who race AMS suggests the controller issue is resolved (or more realistically no one has reported it happening yet anyway...) so that's a big relief.. hope its sorted because its a shame to see people miss out on racing when they get to the server.

Other than that AMS is still awesome :) Well done Reiza..

@Bram - anyone have any issues mentioned above in tonight's AMS club race ?

@Oscar Hardwick @Enzo Fazzi - Have you guys tried again since the update? Is it sorted for you?

Cheers !

Hello? Anyone? ;)

Well I'll get the ball rolling then.. !

New build feedback from some people I know who race AMS suggests the controller issue is resolved (or more realistically no one has reported it happening yet anyway...) so that's a big relief.. hope its sorted because its a shame to see people miss out on racing when they get to the server.

Other than that AMS is still awesome :) Well done Reiza..

@Bram - anyone have any issues mentioned above in tonight's AMS club race ?

@Oscar Hardwick @Enzo Fazzi - Have you guys tried again since the update? Is it sorted for you?

Cheers !
I'll see tomorrow :)

Hi guys , I know @Ashley Cowan had this issue the other night.
If you have not already done so please make sure you delete the controller.ini file in your profile, do an integrity check and setup the controllers again, this seemed to fix it for Ashley in the the small amount of testing we did.

The downshift protection is too agressive on the F3.
The downshift protection seems to be too aggressive on pretty much any car I tried so far. It was bad enough after last update. I could downshift normally, until I got to 2 --> 1 downshift, at which point I had to wait YEARS until the revs went down to the point where I could downshift to 1st. After this update, you get that effect with every single gear.

BTW, I remember that in one of the older posts, from Reiza themselves, they said that drivers of StockV8s regularly use harsh downshifting in real life, because the gearbox can take a lot of beating. Right now it's impossible. Hell, right now even normal downshifting (not like a grandma) is impossible. Driving a StockV8 around Velo Citta tonight was an excercise in frustration.

yes you must have no revs or use clutch to get into first gear:)

Oh I see.

Though I also remember not being able to shift down lower than 2nd when I was on Barcelona's last chicane. I was sure it was meant to protect the engine but it still felt a little weird. Maybe an engine protecting indicator would be helpful.

I use auto-clutch just to clarify. Still can't get myself throwing in yet another extra set of motions for my legs...

Oh I see.

Though I also remember not being able to shift down lower than 2nd when I was on Barcelona's last chicane. I was sure it was meant to protect the engine but it still felt a little weird. Maybe an engine protecting indicator would be helpful.

I use auto-clutch just to clarify. Still can't get myself throwing in yet another extra set of motions for my legs...
yes even if you use autoclutch you still need to press the clutch to get into first or have no revs, what a pain:)

What am I doing wrong/right? The F3 and the stock cars paddle shift with zero issues...up and down at will. No clutch needed at all (auto clutch "on"). Only if you try to do something ridiculous that would over-rev the engine will it prevent downshifting (use the brakes, people). If you bind the tranny after an off-track excursion (e.g., facing backwards), you might have to use the clutch to get back to N or 1st gear, just as you would in the real cars. I can't figure out what settings people are using that prevent even "granny" shifting?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back