Australia & New Zealand

Was the higher ping lagging or was it just a higher ping?
Feedback on this is appreciated, because we want a solution for the Aussies.

This is just a problem with my connection only. I'm using a wireless broadband setup which isn't as fast as a hardline. As I've said before, with aussie servers it's fine (ping about 100 - 150) but obviously with an overseas server it's going to be higher.

• Steve Perryman

OK, with respect to ping, only thing I have noticed is that when a car is very close it seems to get the jitters (shakes), but only some cars.

XGN, well I've registered again, but as usual with many forums, Where is the confirmation email?, I cannot post a thing without it.
Maybe its something to do with My ISP TPG?

One other thing, It would be appreciated if the racing could be organised to finish the 2nd race before the F1 starts, especially as Channel 10 is broadcasting it on their HD service live, but of course European drivers may also stay away due to this, obviously only if F1 fans.
If no-one cares about that then so be it, but I'll pike when the F1 starts every time.

I doubt the XGN GTL league will get going with significant numbers again, Rfactor Historx possibly, but we'll see, always difficult when this kind of thing happens as almost everyone has gone looking for a new home, so will take a long while for it to get up to speed again, all credit to Digazz and Glen though.
On a more positive note, I'm loving the large fields and International nature of the racing, great stuff!

• Grant Daly

I always get high pings of around 380 but usually it doesn't result in lagging for me or others around me. The high pings are to be expected, simply because of the distance involved, but it hasn't badly affected my racing here. Feedback from other Europeans at RD have confirmed that I don't lag. I do make sure that I am a touch more careful with cars around me though just to be safe...However,I have experienced severe lag by some Europeans, just to prove that more than pings is a contributer to lagging.

I'm really interested in feedback from others as well.

As Warren says These are similar to the Numbers I get. I guess I'm new but another good pint Warren makes is that he's more cautious near other cars? I'm just starting to find out how much extra care I need to take I've gone from Too much to too little and am now just starting to become more grounded and I find that once you find your 'Niche' say, that it's something that you just do like looking at the far place on the track not just 2 feet in front of you? If ya get my drift...

I'm just curious about one other thing that is when I get close to other cars I hear a clicking kinda sound, does anyone else get it and anyone know what that is?

Cheers, ppl, G...

• Grant Daly

OK of course now I just feel plain stupid LOL :D Dooh...

Thanks Mick...

Oceania Event No. 4

Any suggestions??

I thought maybe time we raced an Aussie track, but there are only two available for Race 07 that I know of:
Melbourne
Surfers Paradise

I have run a previous event at Melbourne and it works well on-line. The Melbourne addon track has been upgraded slightly recently too. Haven't tested Surfers and would be a bit worried about possible chaos from people hitting walls.

how about 192 bhp radical sr4 at melburne the last sprintnight proofed they are a big load of fun easy to handel lot of downforce and quite fast
shame most coustomtracks lack the pit feature or we could do a 2nd beta test like

35 laps at melburne with the rads and 2 mandatory pit stops .... oh well maybe after
gtr evo is live

• Grant Daly

I have thought about this for a bit and I reckon that if we are going to vear away from the WTCC cars, IMO I'd like to goto the Caterhams lower powered one as they're a good crossover to basically Open Wheeled racing. And they'd also be great practice for the upcomming Nations Cup? So we could even look at some of the tracks that'd be in the running for those events???

So that's my 2 bob,
Hamm3rHed...

I'd avoid the carnage hellhole that is Surfers. But I'd be keen to try a car that doesn't turn into a sludge of molten rubber half way through the race. Radicals, Caterhams, F3000... all sound like fun at Melbourne.

Here is an idea I tried with my first ever Oceania event at RPM.
It was a simulation of the Australian F1 Grand Prix at Melbourne. Basically set up the server in single race format. First race we chose WTCC cars to simulate the V8's support race, then next race we exited, re-entered choosing F3000 to simulate the F1 's.
It worked well and was certainly interesting to drive two cars that were so different.
Alternatively, we could go with Mini's and F3000.

Just another idea to add interest.

• Grant Daly

I'd avoid the carnage hellhole that is Surfers. But I'd be keen to try a car that doesn't turn into a sludge of molten rubber half way through the race. Radicals, Caterhams, F3000... all sound like fun at Melbourne.

Onya Wal :thumb:
Ya gotta luv the bloke who speaks from the heart!!!

And so these Cats Woz? nothing like FBMW?
SOOooooooooooooooo What's your point ? :caked: :lol::rofl:
Nah juz kidding I think they're fun and good learning cars...

Or Mini's and FBMW's????
I still think practice for Nations cup would be great???

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back