Australia & New Zealand

Your already in the Racing Club now mate, go join the sign up list. :thumb:

Looking forward to racing with you guys again, it was fun at XGN.
Only this time we have a much bigger grid, and lots more quick guys.

• jezza323

thanks mate

signed up :)

have some reason to get back into finishing my cockpit now! hehe

Hey guys michael here. I live in western sydney and I've only raced online on xgn for the past 5 - 6 months, until it died :mad:. Thanks to wally for sending out e-mail to let us know that there's somewhere else to race.

• jezza323

dammit manny :p now im just gonna have to follow you around again, lol

• Grant Daly

How is everyone going at Fuji???

Gidday Peoples,
I'm just wondering how everyone is going with Fuji?
Setups?
Times?
Time Attacks? I've uploaded one time attack, and there's only one other? :cool:

Looking forward to this tho...

Cya's, G...

Oceania Event No.1

Congrats to all the Aussies who raced last night. A much bigger field than what I am used to. ;) Congrats to the usual suspects who proved their mettle against an illustrious international field. (Aus speak: Bloody beauty!!)

An interesting night for me filled with the usual nervousness, anxiety, frustration and doubts, but something entirely different for me, relative success. Was nice to be mid-pack for a while and actually pull off some decent passes. Very motivating.

Being shunted heavily in race 1 caused massive damage to the car (had my wheel about 20 degrees to the right after I was hit for the rest of the race) but I decided to have a go for a while rather than pitting. Ended up being the right choice.

Don't forget next Sunday's race, I hope to see everyone on the track.

Great stuff guys. I can advise you that we had a couple of the very best with us in those two races. Atti is currently leading the WTCC World Champ League, and Jari is one of our top drivers.

Racing in this standard of company can only help everyone to improve. Also with a large and well spread field, you should always find others to have close racing with.

Lets keep it growing.

Race Reports are here:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/dai...one]-[wtcc]-fuji-sunday-29th-june-2008-a.html

We'd appreciate some feedback from our Aussie members from the Oceania event at Brno.

How did you find the experience with the European based server?
I know Jezza had connection problems and Manny commented on some slight lagging, but I'd like more feedback from others.
For me the pings were again high (as usual) but I didn't see any noticeable lag nor did I get any negative reports from others.

This event was a good test because we had close to a full grid.

• jezza323

in the server list my ping was reporting >300

i was capped, though that shouldnt really affect the ping. used to be around 70 on the XGN aussie server i think?

im assuming the reason i kept getting disconnected was getting kicked from the server because of my high pings

in the server list my ping was reporting >300

i was capped, though that shouldnt really affect the ping. used to be around 70 on the XGN aussie server i think?

im assuming the reason i kept getting disconnected was getting kicked from the server because of my high pings

That is why I'd like some feedback from others Jezza, but I doubt it is really related to pings.
Aussies will definitely get much higher pings on the European server simply because we are so far away. At XGN I was getting pings of 100 but at RaceDept. I always get pings of 380. However, even with the high pings here, I have never had disconnection problems, nor significant lagging problems. Other European guys who have very low pings can have disconnectiopn problems, in fact Stirb, who had the same disconnect problems you had, is from Europe.

I don't fully understand all this Techy stuff, but pings and disconnection / lagging problems don't seem to be directly related.

Disconnections are usually related to the reliability of your ISP, weather in your local area (eg. storms), or other PC issues related to your local PC.

Is your modem reliable?
Did you set your game internet connection setting to LAN?
Firewall or other settings?
Wireless link or direct cable connection?
Broadband plan speed?

Can anyone else offer some help??

• jezza323

my modem is super fine, and after i gave up on Race i went and played TF2 online for a couple of hrs without a single disconnect

never had a disconnect at XGN, and almost never experience network probs playing TF2 (maybe once or twice ive been disconnected from there)

• Grant Daly

Brno it was my first run there :)

Hey all I also like Cam ran at the rear for the most, in fact Cam decided to become my hood ornament in a last minute desicion at turn 1... :eek: Much to my surprise...
I've got a few pics to share. I reckon you'll all get a laugh outa them...

picture.php

Here he comes...:eek:

I bet nobody has one of these??? :p
But they can be hell on the Suspension...
picture.php

As you can see... Then again if you take em off real fast they tend to bunny hop...
picture.php

That's air in there... LMAO... :D:banana093:
Gives a whole new meaning to 'Catch ya Later Mate'
Also the Lacetti isn't the easiest car to land
'Coffee For stimulation while racing $1.20 - My G25 to Race Harder $279 - Catching a Leon into Turn 1 Priceless' :cheesy:

But ya get that after you've been putting divets into the track...

Ahhhh ya gotta Laugh don't ya?
Hope you all get a smile from these...
Later, G...

P.S. These pix are for creating a smile and don't imply anything else! OK? :)

• Grant Daly

A thought?

Could we by any chance get the server opened early again like the last event?
And, I'm thinking if you like I'd be able to put a Skin pack together in the next few days. If that'd help?

Oh And TeamSpeak maybe good to look into using it for our practice sessions. as there's alot of chatter it'd be easier than typing?

I guess you all must have thought of these before but IMO as a relative Noobee here, they're my thoughts...

G...
P.S. Warren I'd like to change to a 'Seat Toledo' If that's possible?

The race was fine for me - I saw no lag or warping to speak of. One car looked a tiny bit jerky when it was turning, but barely noticeably. The pings I saw were generally 100-200, from memory, but the race was fine, and there was some close racing too.

A large field with a spread of speeds is great. Like Warren said, there's usually someone to be racing close to. I spent a bit of time with Imperious, Chris Noble, Eckhart, mid-fieldish but usually battling with someone.

I know it's not very realistic, but I wonder what a race with tyre wear turned off would be like? (Assuming you can actually set it to zero). Cars that won't turn in the latter stages of a race are no fun. I know it takes away the element of looking after your tyres... maybe I'm just being lazy :lol:

I'm sorry to say I had a couple of CTD when editing my controls and with so little practice and what appeared to be a large field thought discretion was in order. Will get some more practice in before endangering every one. (-:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%