Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
Keeping fingers crossed on the servers for SUN.

After finally getting pC2 working yesterday, I was driving the 911GT3 R at BH GP, as a comparison, and it felt characteristically like AC. Of course not exactly as good or detailed, but the general feeling and satisfaction was there like in AC. I think I'll also try the Lotus 98T in Pc2 just as a comparison.
I'm pretty satisfied with pC2 on the whole, and hope that some of the initial quirks will be gone soon. It took me about 12 hours to figure it all out, try all the screens/modes, and get the wheel set up with decent FFB and steering. It looks like we might be able to limit the global FFB set ups to about 4 or 5 FFB sets to cover all the types of classes in general. Each car reacts with it's own set of FFB characteristics, but it's easy just to pause and flip back to "option" to change anything you want quickly per car. So, if you want a little more of this or that, it's easy to do. The 2 G920 buttons are still missing, and THM is still sort of flaky as before. Hope that gets fixed later! Assigning buttons was easy and I got almost everything I needed even with the 2 buttons not functioning on the G920.
Luckily no game breakers as of yet. MP servers were working, but as you can guess, they were very busy. Had a lot of "waiting" notices. A few drops and lags, but I hope that is due to release day traffic.
The graphics looked a little better than 1, but it's basically limited by the XBOX performance, and the sounds are improved too. The menus are really easy to see, laid out well, and quick to navigate.
I'm not going to go into the quirks because I'm sure they will get gone soon, and there's probably plenty of all that on the forum if you want to hurt your brain. I just want to drive and have fun, they can fix all that crap later as far as I'm concerned.
My fav features are variable ABS and TC, an improved tyre model, and an improved Differential set up.
Cheers!

Soooo. Maybe 35 laps? Why can't I set up a practice race with a time limit instead of a lap limit?

Also, the AI are poor. And they don't leave the track when they breakdown unless the damage is terminal instead of just drive limited.

Also, I had a fastest lap of 1:10.040. O.o

ASSETTO CORSA SUPPORT SERIES
Race Three
: September 23; 4p EDT; 9p BST
Car - Lotus 98T
Lotus-98T-Renault_5.jpg

Track - Brands Hatch GP

Format:
30 min Practice
20 minute Qualifying
35 Lap Race (standing start)
Weather: Cloudy

** NO Assists allowed (unless factory installed or allowed by the sanctioning body of the day. **

Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited:
Soooo. Maybe 35 laps? Why can't I set up a practice race with a time limit instead of a lap limit?

Also, the AI are poor. And they don't leave the track when they breakdown unless the damage is terminal instead of just drive limited.

Also, I had a fastest lap of 1:10.040. O.o
Yes they need to replicate the online settings for offline.. can't do races with tyres or fuel on x2 wear for instance.

The AI are pretty woeful at times... they go off track regularly and seem to really struggle when in close proximity to you. Having one off track generally leads to multiple cars ending up in the same place as they all go off aft the same places. Into turn 1 they are too slow and out of the final corner too where you can see them have a little twitch to the inside 'every' lap which loses them speed and makes them easy to pass.

It's a shame because they were supposed to be greatly improved with the last patch. Seem worse to me.

Nice lap Karl.. You'll be tough for anyone to top tomorrow if you can replicate that pace :thumbsup:

Does anyone know what penalties entails. You can't false start because the game controls your car until the light goes green, blue flags don't seem to do anything and collisions don't bring any penalty either. The only time I've seen anything is if you cut a corner and get the slow down warning.

Does anyone know what penalties entails. You can't false start because the game controls your car until the light goes green, blue flags don't seem to do anything and collisions don't bring any penalty either. The only time I've seen anything is if you cut a corner and get the slow down warning.
I've no idea. Like you I've only seen the slowdown penalty for corner cutting.

The practice race I had I set the AI to very hard. I put 14 cars on track. 2 crashed on the first lap and then every couple laps I'd lose another. Set the race for 40 laps and I was the only one to finish. There was one AI that did 28 laps....and I think he was the one I kept lapping for the last 10 laps of the race... he was just touring around the circuit at about 40mph....

That's my understand too, but other things like driving backwards and driving to fast into the pits, will get you a penalty too, maybe DQ.

Unrelated- I tried the FM7 demo. Same as before with minor improvements. Not for me. I was sad to see they actually put the feature car 911 in the demo as a "default set up". Big mistake! If I worked at Porsche, I would be pissed off! It was same as FM6, and even in FM6, with a tune set up it still is a big sloppy mess.
I had a go at the demo tonight too and have to say I enjoyed it. I agree that the Porsche was the most difficult but I loved the trucks. Used to race them back in the PC days so brought back some good memories. I'll probably grab it for those and the Formula-e alone.

The annoying slow uncatchable spin was less apparent, still there but not as bad. The rain race at Nurburgring was fun too.

I know handling wise it's weird but as a fun racer when not looking for anything too serious and for stunning looks it's a solid buy for me.

And it tends to come out without a ton of bugs.

Pretty disappointed in pc2.. entered 7 online races only for it to kick me or freeze up before race...just had it go to race but I was the only one on the grid out of 8 in quaily. Frame rate was terrible around zolder..and the option to remove wheel and hands in on menu screen but you can't go to it and change it.setups don't save and they show up as dif cars and tracks then the one your on..hell I tried to remove gas thats it and that dissent work..car hold 50 liters remove 5 and on track its always something totally dif.as the setup showed full tank and on track only showed 8 liters ..again great potential but a let down no the less. Don't think the xbox can run these games proper..should have just bought it on pc...anyone had any luck with the ffb.can't get it right.the snap back to center when trying to countersteer a sideways moment always ends in the dirt.

Pretty disappointed in pc2.. entered 7 online races only for it to kick me or freeze up before race...just had it go to race but I was the only one on the grid out of 8 in quaily. Frame rate was terrible around zolder..and the option to remove wheel and hands in on menu screen but you can't go to it and change it.setups don't save and they show up as dif cars and tracks then the one your on..hell I tried to remove gas thats it and that dissent work..car hold 50 liters remove 5 and on track its always something totally dif.as the setup showed full tank and on track only showed 8 liters ..again great potential but a let down no the less. Don't think the xbox can run these games proper..should have just bought it on pc...anyone had any luck with the ffb.can't get it right.the snap back to center when trying to countersteer a sideways moment always ends in the dirt.
The PC seems to have issues as well Eric, don't think it's console specific. It's really disappointing to hear the problems everyone is having. I was hoping on release of the second patch next month would be the time to get it but I'm not so sure now and I may delay purchase further based on the first few days feedback.

Finally finished a online race.lol

pCARS2 is pretty bad. In fact, it's so over the top bad that I'm not sure how they snuck these A.I. past anyone, even on a high end PC. It makes racing with A.I. basically impossible. I had my level at 93 and aggression at 50.

Maybe they are having issues with A.I. aggression, since it was not there before. Strangely, it's the interaction between the A.I. themselves that is the problem. They don't seem to dive bomb me or act like a train, but it's hard to get enough time in with them to tell.

Good fun tonight guys. Love that car and track, such a great challenge. Well done on the win Karl, thought it was mine when you spun while we were battling but great laps to come back into it. I just couldn't get the lap times in the race for some reason and was over two seconds off and then that last few laps the car just felt completely different. I thought the tyres had gone cold or something but checking the hud showed them to be still optimal. Hardly a wheel out of place until that point but that's racing. Disappointed with the screen stuttering which made putting the laps together tough but enjoyable nonetheless.

Now it's your turn to choose the next track and car :thumbsup:

Good fun tonight guys. Love that car and track, such a great challenge. Well done on the win Karl, thought it was mine when you spun while we were battling but great laps to come back into it. I just couldn't get the lap times in the race for some reason and was over two seconds off and then that last few laps the car just felt completely different. I thought the tyres had gone cold or something but checking the hud showed them to be still optimal. Hardly a wheel out of place until that point but that's racing. Disappointed with the screen stuttering which made putting the laps together tough but enjoyable nonetheless.

Now it's your turn to choose the next track and car :thumbsup:
You had a solid race Peter. Too bad about the stuttering. Did you stream your race? It's so strange that some had issues while others didn't. I did start to lose the back end in the last couple laps for no apparent reason as well, but not as bad as you. I'll have to have a look at the cars and tracks this week and figure something out.

Quali lap

Race
What a race, here are where the highlights are:
Contact with Will Lap 5 (i think). My fault, so i waited for him to regain position on me.
Slight contact with a loosie goosie Boothy on lap 6, that screwed up my steering.
Spin lap 12 T6.
Past a spinning Eric at T2 lap 17 - Into P2
Catch up to Peter Lap 20, but pit for repairs.
Crash in the pits leaving my box...lol rejoin P3
Pass Eric Lap 22 - P2
Catch back up to Peter Lap 24
Spin behind Peter Lap 28 T4, lose position to Eric again - P3
Pass Eric Lap 30 T9 - P2
Catch back up to Peter Lap 33
Passed sliding Peter Lap 34 T4 - P1

Last edited:
You had a solid race Peter. Too bad about the stuttering. Did you stream your race? It's so strange that some had issues while others didn't. I did start to lose the back end in the last couple laps for no apparent reason as well, but not as bad as you. I'll have to have a look at the cars and tracks this week and figure something out.
Yeah I did but it's not usually a problem. It was just a bit off putting but one of those things with this game that you sometimes have to put up with unfortunately. The race itself was quite odd for me as the speed from practice and quali just never came in the race even when the fuel load dropped. Strangely I didn't seem to gain much advantage by not putting fuel in at the pit stop as you were still only a handful of seconds behind after the stops.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back