Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
This car was different than I was thinking. It's like a modern IndyCar with a turbo was ahead of its time. The lack of torque is what surprised me, but it fits well with this track. I am leaving so much time on the track because it's hard for me to get the turn in right. Hardly any downforce on the front and a high top end are hard to manage on a classic track, but after last weekend, it feel like a 2017 Ferrari. lol.

Got down into the 1:22s here...briefly. lol. I know that's not going to cut it though. This is a fun car/track combo. YOu really have to nail the apex. I still can't see a pit being necessary instead of mandatory. The tires don't wear too bad (even with 200% wear :confused:), and about 70 gals. gets you home.

Got down into the 1:22s here...briefly. lol. I know that's not going to cut it though. This is a fun car/track combo. YOu really have to nail the apex. I still can't see a pit being necessary instead of mandatory. The tires don't wear too bad (even with 200% wear :confused:), and about 70 gals. gets you home.
I managed mid 1:21's on default tune in the one go I had so I fully expect to hear of you guys hitting sub 20's tonight.

Tyre wear is unfortunately not factor in Assetto it seems but I like the mandatory pit rule as its another little factor that adds to the whole and needs a little bit of skill to get right. I wish it was completely manual though.

Good luck tonight guys:thumbsup:

I managed mid 1:21's on default tune in the one go I had so I fully expect to hear of you guys hitting sub 20's tonight.

Tyre wear is unfortunately not factor in Assetto it seems but I like the mandatory pit rule as its another little factor that adds to the whole and needs a little bit of skill to get right. I wish it was completely manual though.

Good luck tonight guys:thumbsup:

I agree. If we could combine the things that F1 2017 is doing (clutch work upon pit box exit, which is the whole key for a driver) and Assetto (manual drive in the pit lane, which F1 does not have) then we would have a completely manual pit experience, best I can tell.

I find the default tunes are not bad, but I hope you changed your tires to slicks. Otherwise, that's an incredible time!

I'll have to double check those tyre temp's because I was getting up to 26°C with Front 19/21 - Rear 18/20, but it did take a while to get there.

It was my right front that would not heat up, so I had to mostly decrease the fronts. I still don't know what effect the pressures have on acceleration and top speed. If it's like real life, more pressure should make you more responsive, faster, but also more prone to lose traction faster in a high speed turn. Less pressure should, in theory, get you more grip at the cost of lower straight line speed.

I agree. If we could combine the things that F1 2017 is doing (clutch work upon pit box exit, which is the whole key for a driver) and Assetto (manual drive in the pit lane, which F1 does not have) then we would have a completely manual pit experience, best I can tell.

I find the default tunes are not bad, but I hope you changed your tires to slicks. Otherwise, that's an incredible time!

It was my right front that would not heat up, so I had to mostly decrease the fronts. I still don't know what effect the pressures have on acceleration and top speed. If it's like real life, more pressure should make you more responsive, faster, but also more prone to lose traction faster in a high speed turn. Less pressure should, in theory, get you more grip at the cost of lower straight line speed.
I would love to see a completely manual pit experience... F1 is best on entry because at least you have to slow down yourself or hit the pit limiter early which loses you time but Assetto is the best on actually stopping in your box. F1 although giving you manual release still doesn't allow you to speed after exit of the box as it forces the limiter on until you cross the line. It's kind of a hotch potch between them but at least it's much improved on the totally automated ones we used to have.

Don't know about slicks tbh... don't recall changing anything so whatever the default was.

Were there problems tonight guys? Internet is really iffy down by the coast here so haven't been able to catch much of anything but i just checked and see that Rob is in the main lobby screen before I got the dreaded circle of no action...

The more I run AC, more I like it. Navigation is a little clunky, but at least the race is free of glitches and surprises. Great fun today, even with all the slide off's, still quite fun and very different from the usual style of race lobby.

Results
Eric
Nealson
Will
Rob
Me
MB
Shneeb

Thanks Boothy. Bad luck tonight, as you were quick off the jump. Nice recovery, though, as you hit last at some point.

The more I run AC, more I like it. Navigation is a little clunky, but at least the race is free of glitches and surprises. Great fun today, even with all the slide off's, still quite fun and very different from the usual style of race lobby.

Yea, sorry for the stop and starts. One was my fault needing more laps than 15 (Doh!), and then I think we had fuel / collision issues. Still, all worth it to me, since I could drive anything in this game.

Loved the car and track combo, Eric. And you were indeed on it again. No sub 1:20, though, so I'm not sure what Peter was smoking. :whistling: He is on vacation, after all. Perhaps he would have given Eric I fight, but these cars and the high speed called for some intense concentration. And I had a few lapses. :laugh: One was touching the wall (which cracked my wind-shied, and the other was a ding off the left guardrail into turn one. That was after I decided to keep my foot buried mowing the grass down the left side of the front-stretch. And that wasn't the only time I mowed grass. The fun part was that you *could* keep you foot planted and come out okay. Now that's what I call a game! That's pretty close to reality. It can go either way...disaster or recovery. lol.

Had some great back and forth battles with nealson during the first stint, and I was glad to see that the 200% fuel rate resulted in a mandatory pit, and not voluntary. I think Peter is right about the tires...although I could feel them wearing out a bit toward the end of lap 18 or so. It took forever to full the tank, so I just sat there, and came out 5th. Everyone else must have had some issues, because that second stint was not pretty. Got up to 4th and could not maintain the charge at the end. I thought I might have something for the leaders, but I ended up off the track a few times. Great fun, all the same, and can't wait for Brands.

I enjoyed my race would of finished higher barring my incident with the cone of death. Was in the lead for a while then went wide then my race was done for when the cone of death sent me into the barriers wrecking the car. Ended up about lap down in the end but was good fun anyway.

Had the joint fastest lap so ill take that haha.

Championship Standings*

Race One - Lotus 25, Monza 1965 Full
Driver - Fast Lap - Points
Peter (2:49.318) - 25
Eric (2:51.101) - 18
Karl (2:49.963) - 15
Nealson (2:50.091) - 12
Schneeb (2:55.355) - 10
Rob (2:52.926) - 8
Will (2:56.169) - 6

Race Two - Mazda 757B, Silverstone Classic
Driver - Fast Lap - Points
Eric (1:22.258) - 25
Nealson (1:21.921) - 18
Will (1:22.255) - 15
Rob (1:22.003) - 12
Boothy (1:21.921) - 10
MB (1:22.305) - 8
Shneeb (1:27.868) - 6

Overall

Eric - 43
Nealson - 30
Peter - 25
Will - 21
Rob - 20
Karl - 15
Boothy - 10
MB - 8
Shneeb - 6

* Points assigned in identical fashion to F1 2017
I'm I missing something here? Do I not get the 10 points from race 1 for some reason? I'm not completely sure of the points system.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.