Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the wear is correct and other cars doo show much more tyre wear. It's just this era there was virtually none!!
Nice catch. That's very good to know. I still say 2x (or 200%) wear is what you want in a 50% race. And that only gets you back to normal. It would probably not be enough to generically force a stop.

I started a race and was running first by abt 15 seconds with a fair degree of consistency and fastest lap of mid 2:50 after 4 laps before Rob called for some F1 2017 testing. Some good time to be made up through the first three turns and gradually moving that breaking zone forward each lap so looking to be into the sub 50's early in the race hopefully. Of course pushing those limits can also quickly see the car have a quick visit to the barriers lol so any confidence is soon dented.

I like the fact that the gap data you get each lap is one lap old due to the dated timing method in place at the time.. namely a stopwatch. Would have been good if they actually did what GPL did and show it on an old fashioned lap board from the pit lane :inlove: like the ol' boys of that time used to see.

Got in a practice race first thing this morning so at least I've done the race distance now. Fairly smooth run just a few errors when trying to see how much I could push the braking zones and different turn-ins. Best lap of 2:49.7 but there's more to come off that for sure.

Also experimented with the 4.000 gear ratio but the top speed was the same but it did give more breathing room at the rev limit but the counter to that was it bogged down more.

Tyre wear was non existent so 200% won't touch them either... maybe 2000% lol.

Got in a practice race first thing this morning so at least I've done the race distance now. Fairly smooth run just a few errors when trying to see how much I could push the braking zones and different turn-ins. Best lap of 2:49.7 but there's more to come off that for sure.

Also experimented with the 4.000 gear ratio but the top speed was the same but it did give more breathing room at the rev limit but the counter to that was it bogged down more.

Tyre wear was non existent so 200% won't touch them either... maybe 2000% lol.

Some good stuff there Peter. I'm getting on on about 30 mins. to try and do a practice race. But good to know it can be done without ending is a trip to the morgue/hospital/both, I think these tires, like you say, could be placed on a road car these days and go 2x longer then what we have for street rubber. The tread was very thick, and the rubber was hard as a rock. I may go with long gears just for the reason you mentioned. I still think accident avoidance will be my biggest goal.

Quick heads up guys... myself, Rob, Pete and another are running the Watkins Glen 1000km in the Nissan Oreca 03 LMP car tonight (4 stints of 250km each) and it might slightly over run. Rob is doing his stint as I write this. So don't worry if things are a bit behind ok. Its just about on schedule though so it may be ok.

Just thought I would give you all a heads up :thumbsup:

1) I need a new invite
2) what is the password if anyone is reading?

Sorry about that. Let's just go with the password being the number of the race, so this one was 1, next 2, etc. The lobby titles will simply be "rdrace1, rdrace2, etc.

Peter, with your win in pCARS and your trouncing the field tonight, I'm beginning to think you and these old cars are not an accident. :whistling: Have you been spending some quality time at Goodwood? :laugh: Nice run. I'm not sure anyone had a thing for you. I know I didn't.

I may have made it up to 3rd at one point, but after the first pit stop I settled down into a good run against seeb and others, while watching booth pass by me over the hay bales. :cool: One too many bunny hops into the parabolica then a smash into the wall sent me back into the pits. After that, it was a struggle, for sure. The funniest moment as at the end out of the left kind, when I tried to save it and then caught Big Will and seeb, as my back wheel acted as a magnet for someone's front. lol. I have it from my view, and it was kind of hilarious. I lay a sweet pass on Will in the Lesmos, then promptly drive wide and almost spin on exit, then foul it up in the kink, wagging my tail until a get hammered. All my fault. Sorry. (But your car sliding by me after Will, was funny).

The first one is the wreck. I'm giving myself a 40 second penalty for that one. lol. So Will finished 6th. I was 7th.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea