Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to jump on. Should really practice Project Cars, but tempted to try Assetto too. Interesting about you public lobby experience. How was the connection? Still zero lag? I have not seen any in Assetto at all. I hope that means we are on true servers. Everything seems to indicate we are.

And I an default as usual.which final drive gear ratio are you guys using?
I think I was using 4.1111 I tried lengthening it as it was reaching the limit in 5th about halway down the straight but it just lost speed that way. The one area that this game hasn't got it quite right with these cars is the fact that being on the limiter the way it allows you would have blown the engine in real life. Also, the shifting should come with a slight lift of the throttle to prevent the revs jumping above the limit (watch the needle on the right hand clock, as it peaks past the redline) doing this too much would quickly see the pistons blown all over the track. It was a little technique learnt through Grand Prix Legends that I was hoping would come to this one too but I'll forgive them that as they've done a cracking job with these Lotus cars apart from that.

I think I was using 4.1111 I tried lengthening it as it was reaching the limit in 5th about halway down the straight but it just lost speed that way. The one area that this game hasn't got it quite right with these cars is the fact that being on the limiter the way it allows you would have blown the engine in real life. Also, the shifting should come with a slight lift of the throttle to prevent the revs jumping above the limit (watch the needle on the right hand clock, as it peaks past the redline) doing this too much would quickly see the pistons blown all over the track. It was a little technique learnt through Grand Prix Legends that I was hoping would come to this one too but I'll forgive them that as they've done a cracking job with these Lotus cars apart from that.

It's all about the handling, with Assetto, but good points. I think one tick down from the longest FD ratio is where I'm headed too. I may try tweaking the individual gears and see what happens, but overall, it will be about getting in and out of those corners and maximizing top speed.

I will say that you can easily blow your engine. I was revving the motor at top rpm before the start (a la F1) and the thing started to turn yellow. :confused: So, a blown engine is entirely possible, but I think you are right...they didn't have limiters for the track back then did they? If the technology was not there, pehaps the game mirrors reality?

It's all about the handling, with Assetto, but good points. I think one tick down from the longest FD ratio is where I'm headed too. I may try tweaking the individual gears and see what happens, but overall, it will be about getting in and out of those corners and maximizing top speed.

I will say that you can easily blow your engine. I was revving the motor at top rpm before the start (a la F1) and the thing started to turn yellow. :confused: So, a blown engine is entirely possible, but I think you are right...they didn't have limiters for the track back then did they? If the technology was not there, pehaps the game mirrors reality?
I don't think you can change the individual gears on this car.

These engines were much more fragile and it took relatively few over revs to break them. No there were no limiters, just your foot which is why the blip technique between shifts was so crucial.. without it you would have no cars reach the halfway point let alone the finishing line lol

Just dropped from 3.06 to 2.58.415 today after some practice. Using the lift between shifts as you mentioned, and that seems to be smooth going. BB is at 55 and it seems workable. My approach to Parabolica needs some work for sure. Not sure which is faster... 3rd or drop to 2nd. Dropping to 2nd can really be tricky.

Nice one Pete.
Dropping to second gets you better speed through the corner but the timing of the downshift is crucial, getting it wrong is very easily done and will ruin your lap straight away. 3rd is safer but slower which is the same for the Lesmos too.

Although i've managed a decent time I'm still way under prepared here having only done abt a dozen laps in total. So I've no idea of fuel required for the 15 lap race yet. I'll probably work that out in practice tomorroe.

@Rob the race settings need confirmed on the schedule post so everyone is aware what they will be and whether it's a mandatory pit stop as well or just a straight race from start to flag.

Although i've managed a decent time I'm still way under prepared here having only done abt a dozen laps in total. So I've no idea of fuel required for the 15 lap race yet. I'll probably work that out in practice tomorroe.

@Rob the race settings need confirmed on the schedule post so everyone is aware what they will be and whether it's a mandatory pit stop as well or just a straight race from start to flag.

We talked about this quite a bit, and I thought it was settled. Take a look in other threads or I can repost. It's the same detail I sent to you and Karl in private, but briefly:

30P
20Q
45m race, 15 laps.

If you can force a pit stop, I will. Otherwise, it's the honor system.

We talked about this quite a bit, and I thought it was settled. Take a look in other threads or I can repost. It's the same detail I sent to you and Karl in private, but briefly:

30P
20Q
45m race, 15 laps.

If you can force a pit stop, I will. Otherwise, it's the honor system.
Conditions I was referring to... track temp, etc. They should be posted so we are all practicing in like conditions :thumbsup:.

Nor sure whether pit stops can be forced as I've not had any time in the lobby creation screens but I assumed it could be.

Yes. That's the setting. It's still not enough. I wish there were a 500% because either the tire wear is particular to this car (as Peter pointed out, which I hope is the case) or it's completely lacking in the game.
It's a shame we can't force people to drive on the same tyres for several races lol

I think the wear is correct and other cars do show much more tyre wear. It's just this era there was virtually none!!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years