Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
I threw this game on last night for the first time in months. When i got this game i played i a couple times but never could come to grips with the feel of it. Then just got busy with F1 2016 and pcars and never revisited it again until now. Well, i had the same feeling from the game last night. Why do we have so few options when it comes to wheel settings? Am i missing them? Are they buried somewhere in a menu? All i seem to be able to find are the settings for FFB. There is no in game DoR setting i can find. No linearity settings, deadzones, throttle sensitivity or the like.... I know i can set DoR with my TMX by holding the mode button and using the d-pad, but that is the only setting i can do with the TMX wheel.

I threw this game on last night for the first time in months. When i got this game i played i a couple times but never could come to grips with the feel of it. Then just got busy with F1 2016 and pcars and never revisited it again until now. Well, i had the same feeling from the game last night. Why do we have so few options when it comes to wheel settings? Am i missing them? Are they buried somewhere in a menu? All i seem to be able to find are the settings for FFB. There is no in game DoR setting i can find. No linearity settings, deadzones, throttle sensitivity or the like.... I know i can set DoR with my TMX by holding the mode button and using the d-pad, but that is the only setting i can do with the TMX wheel.
Yes that's correct Karl, those wheel settings that we have become used to seeing are not available. It's kind of the polar opposite to pCars where there were so many settings it was bemusing lol There are some new button mapping options but that's it. The FFB settings are pretty good as they have that well defined in very few settings.. just about 4 or 5 from what I can remember.

Yes that's correct Karl, those wheel settings that we have become used to seeing are not available. It's kind of the polar opposite to pCars where there were so many settings it was bemusing lol There are some new button mapping options but that's it. The FFB settings are pretty good as they have that well defined in very few settings.. just about 4 or 5 from what I can remember.
I did find this just now, so i'll give it a try tonight:
http://xboxracingpro.com/best-racin...with-thrustmaster-wheels-on-xbox-one-and-ps4/

Maybe i need to work with the understeer effect on and play with the Slip FFB....

Hey Karl,
I know you have a THM and I have a G920 wheel, but just as a starting reference point here's what I have my AC FFB set to that sort of matches the way I have it in pC1 so it feels relatively the same when switching back and forth between the two games. The one thing I notice is (as usual) the more level you give it, at some point your going to overdrive it and it will loose definition. THM is probably a little stronger than the G920 so as you said, play with it.
FFB 53 (Started out at 40, then kept adjusting it up until it felt good)
Curb 0
Road 4
Slip 6
Undrstr OFF
H Off
SC 0,00
FOV 50 Master
FOV 48 in car

I am looking forward to the best feeling (maybe only) SIM on xbox to get even better. None of what Assetto does is "canned" or "layered" like 99% of the other games. Each car is unique and each track is laser scanned. I don't think anyone could reasonably argue that Assetto "can't" feel like it replicates racing better than any other game out there, by a long way. Even the PC crowd, who scoffs at pretty much everything non SIM, loves this game precisely because of the physics. Of course, some users don't want realism...or don't know what it is.

The DoR is adjustable on the TX (not sure about the wheel Karl has) and mine is always four flashed, or 1040 - whatever. Maxed. And the steering sen (shift + same button) should be one flash. Or possibly two. my ffb is at 35%. I wish there was a look to apex. That would be perfect.

Server Update 2: Today we tried to run the AOR AC 911 Cup league. Started first attempt, but everyone crashed out at the same time about 6 laps into it. We tried again and it held in there until about 3 laps, then one by one we all got dropped. And we were showing unusually high ping values with moderate to heavy lag. It clearly wasn't going to work, so it was postponed.
My team mate and I were just totally frustrated, so we made our own lobby to check the set up for the next weeks race. Some other bud's jumped in which made a lobby of 5 cars. It all was good even though the pings were still quite higher than usual. (250 TO 450ms, one was actually 560ms) Some minor lag which was ok for a small group, but probably would not have been suitable for a 16 member race lobby. We visited several tracks and cars and the status was about the same the whole time. This was a UK group and myself in the US.
We got onto the 911 RSR and couldn't stop running it. The way it feels to me is the tire model seems better and the tire telemetry seems to actually work now in regards to the colors and PSI indications. The downshift issue is gone too. I'm sure there's more, but in general it's actually more of a satisfying play for me now. Bugs and missing functions, yeah, but drives like MoFo!
Maybe the whole server thing is time of day related and maybe how many in a lobby too. Only more time will tell if AC is suitable for organized leagues or not. But at least you can get it on pretty well with a couple of guys and have a great deal of fun no matter what. Just sayin'.....LOL
I'm going to re-visit the 98T on Friday to see how that goes. If you see me on, hop in and we can compare notes.
Cheers!

Bugs and missing functions, yeah, but drives like MoFo!

And that is a perfect summation for me.

There is no peer for this game physics-wise, so (just speaking for myself) it's worth a try even though it may fail. This was out attitude here with Project Cars. Not many people realize we had a massively popular British GT league (@Michael Watts won it, and went on to run several successful GT leagues afterwards), but we decided to start before they fixed Multiplayer. lol. So, there was a LOT of pain. Sometimes cruel and ridiculous pain, but we kept going. And I dare say there is not a better group of racers who understand the strengths and weaknesses of pCARS, as it relates to league racing, in the world. Other leagues jumped right on after the game became stable, but few were pioneers. I still play with some of those leagues, and it's a pleasure. @EpilepticToast was a key member who has a great league now (with I could do more there) and many long timers here (even @Karl Fuss, who came from a league that still rocks) got their start on solid platforms. If we could ever harness the expertise here (not so much with games in general, or computers, but the specific sub-niche of a niche hobby -- console SIM racing), then it would be a sight to see.

And so, with Assetto, there is a trade-off, as there was with Project Cars, that comes with the territory. But I have a feeling that, if supported (a big "if"), then Assetto could dwarf everything else depending on the performance of pCARS2, which could lay an egg, but I doubt it. Even so, I can't see an equal to Assetto's handling. If pCARS2 is as good, then we may not be talking about Assetto much longer.

I am looking forward to the best feeling (maybe only) SIM on xbox to get even better. None of what Assetto does is "canned" or "layered" like 99% of the other games. Each car is unique and each track is laser scanned. I don't think anyone could reasonably argue that Assetto "can't" feel like it replicates racing better than any other game out there, by a long way. Even the PC crowd, who scoffs at pretty much everything non SIM, loves this game precisely because of the physics. Of course, some users don't want realism...or don't know what it is.

The DoR is adjustable on the TX (not sure about the wheel Karl has) and mine is always four flashed, or 1040 - whatever. Maxed. And the steering sen (shift + same button) should be one flash. Or possibly two. my ffb is at 35%. I wish there was a look to apex. That would be perfect.
Karl has the TMX which has the DoR but unfortunately does not have the extra sensitivity setting that we have so the lack of those extra settings that we are so used to in all other games is more of a pita for him. I generally have my DoR at 540 as I prefer a tighter wheel but I haven't driven it since the update so that may change. I'll probably try to get some time with it next week since we have no F1 race the following weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
Server Update 2: Today we tried to run the AOR AC 911 Cup league. Started first attempt, but everyone crashed out at the same time about 6 laps into it. We tried again and it held in there until about 3 laps, then one by one we all got dropped. And we were showing unusually high ping values with moderate to heavy lag. It clearly wasn't going to work, so it was postponed.
My team mate and I were just totally frustrated, so we made our own lobby to check the set up for the next weeks race. Some other bud's jumped in which made a lobby of 5 cars. It all was good even though the pings were still quite higher than usual. (250 TO 450ms, one was actually 560ms) Some minor lag which was ok for a small group, but probably would not have been suitable for a 16 member race lobby. We visited several tracks and cars and the status was about the same the whole time. This was a UK group and myself in the US.
We got onto the 911 RSR and couldn't stop running it. The way it feels to me is the tire model seems better and the tire telemetry seems to actually work now in regards to the colors and PSI indications. The downshift issue is gone too. I'm sure there's more, but in general it's actually more of a satisfying play for me now. Bugs and missing functions, yeah, but drives like MoFo!
Maybe the whole server thing is time of day related and maybe how many in a lobby too. Only more time will tell if AC is suitable for organized leagues or not. But at least you can get it on pretty well with a couple of guys and have a great deal of fun no matter what. Just sayin'.....LOL
I'm going to re-visit the 98T on Friday to see how that goes. If you see me on, hop in and we can compare notes.
Cheers!
That's sad to hear and kind of confirms my suspicion that their servers are held together with elastic bands at the moment. Even in the the race we had at Classic Monza I noted that some of the pings were far higher than I expected but at least it held together at that time.

But no question that the handling in this game is absolutely sublime and makes it worth hanging onto for that alone. I will certainly not completely abandon it but it will more likely be something for offline or like you say maybe the smaller number grids will hold stable which would suit us here as we generally have no more than 6-8 so perhaps that will work for us still. It's just the uncertainty that is a killer as it seems you can never be certain whether it is going to work or not.

And that is a perfect summation for me.

There is no peer for this game physics-wise, so (just speaking for myself) it's worth a try even though it may fail. This was out attitude here with Project Cars. Not many people realize we had a massively popular British GT league (@Michael Watts won it, and went on to run several successful GT leagues afterwards), but we decided to start before they fixed Multiplayer. lol. So, there was a LOT of pain. Sometimes cruel and ridiculous pain, but we kept going. And I dare say there is not a better group of racers who understand the strengths and weaknesses of pCARS, as it relates to league racing, in the world. Other leagues jumped right on after the game became stable, but few were pioneers. I still play with some of those leagues, and it's a pleasure. @EpilepticToast was a key member who has a great league now (with I could do more there) and many long timers here (even @Karl Fuss, who came from a league that still rocks) got their start on solid platforms. If we could ever harness the expertise here (not so much with games in general, or computers, but the specific sub-niche of a niche hobby -- console SIM racing), then it would be a sight to see.

And so, with Assetto, there is a trade-off, as there was with Project Cars, that comes with the territory. But I have a feeling that, if supported (a big "if"), then Assetto could dwarf everything else depending on the performance of pCARS2, which could lay an egg, but I doubt it. Even so, I can't see an equal to Assetto's handling. If pCARS2 is as good, then we may not be talking about Assetto much longer.
Fun times have been had with pCars for sure and still are even as the next one fast approaches :thumbsup:

AC still brings a smile to my face whenever I get it running successfully and get on track as it's always such a blast with the feel through the wheel and handling just never failing to leave you wanting more.

Support I think is what it is and that's not going to change any going forward for us but if they could just get the server bugs resolved and fix the little annoyances like some of the button mapping functions not working fully, consistency with mirrors, etc. then I would be happy with that.

Cheers!
I was driving the 98 around Imola last night for about an hour and a half. It was fun and the feel of the wheel was better. I had to adjust the setup quite a bit from the default (which was atrocious). Why does pcars have decent default setups and AC have such poor ones?
I still have more setup work to do though...lol. I only managed a 1:33.2. I have no idea how that compares to others.

I was flipping between 270 and 360 DoR last night. I think i ended up staying on 270, but will have to check that again to be sure.

Last edited:
I was driving the 98 around Imola last night for about an hour and a half. It was fun and the feel of the wheel was better. I had to adjust the setup quite a bit from the default (which was atrocious). Why does pcars have decent default setups and AC have such poor ones?
I still have more setup work to do though...lol. I only managed a 1:33.2. I have no idea how that compares to others.

I was flipping between 270 and 360 DoR last night. I think i ended up staying on 270, but will have to check that again to be sure.
If you want a one to one ratio, then it should be 1080 DoR, since each car has the right DoR built into it separately, unlike other games, such as pcars. The sensitivity can be adjusted in game, I believe. But I do get wanting a tighter radius if you are used to open wheel. Assetto has really been plug and play for me, wheel wise.
Glad you are getting better results, regardless.

If you want a one to one ratio, then it should be 1080 DoR, since each car has the right DoR built into it separately, unlike other games, such as pcars. The sensitivity can be adjusted in game, I believe. But I do get wanting a tighter radius if you are used to open wheel. Assetto has really been plug and play for me, wheel wise.
Glad you are getting better results, regardless.
No sensitivity setting in the game.. thats what Karl was asking about earlier. I go for lower DoR because I don't like the slow reaction and large turning arc when it's higher.

For me the default of the wheel works well.

No sensitivity setting in the game.. thats what Karl was asking about earlier. I go for lower DoR because I don't like the slow reaction and large turning arc when it's higher.

For me the default of the wheel works well.

Wow. Just...wow. This game is like a hot girlfriend that cheats on you. Hmmm. Yea...go back, why not. And it's better. lol.

WTF? So...the handling did get better, with several new "only the Italians" FFB sliders, like "more road feel" and "more slip" and "more bumps" -- simple. :thumbsup::). It's like they are speaking to the driver, and not some geek. All sorts of goodies in this one, including about 25 lobbies when I was on, and four I created on my own. I'm seriously not wanting to play anything else at the moment, but I know I have to practice that snoozer at Singapore. :laugh:

Karl, I had similar issues with the wheel on the screen not matching what I was doing on my wheel. I found I had to set the "virtual wheel rotation" (in the "video" section, I believe) to "540 degrees" which then matched what my wheel was doing for real. I don't know if it was in my head, or what, but the car felt good regardless, even though the visuals certainly help. Personally, I don't think sensitivity, linearity, etc. matter at all here, because we are dealing with customized cars. But certainly the DoR on wheel helps dial it in for each preference. Mine, for instance, is now 360 degrees instead of 1040. In fact, the game knew before me. lol. Everything feels perfect. They even have enhanced sound effects, and WIND!!!! Damn! I have wanted that sound forever, Soooooo many games neglect it. Also, I was on the fence about the understeer effect, and could go either way, but I went with "on" because it allows you to react faster in slow corners and is so well designed that it doesn't limit or enhance slip in high speed corners. Perfect. It also allows you to faster feel when the 98t is about blast your ass right into the wall with turbo insanity. lol. Overall, more feel, but not overdone. Anyway, I have no more to say about perfection. Let's just hope the lobbies work.

Now, you can also look left, with, and back. I can reassign the "A" if DRS/KERS starts working. Weather be damned, project cars 2 has its work cut out for it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.