Assetto Corsa on Three Screens

Derek Speare

@Simberia
UPDATE: Since the Tech Demo has been released, there is no question that AC will support three screens properly. My experience with the Tech Demo confirms that KS has nailed three screen support perfectly! TYVM, KS for implementing my request!

I have only one humble request for AC. I am sure it will be great in many aspects. However, I fear one area may not be like it should, and the recent screens don't augur well for my hope.

I would hope that AC does a perfect job at presenting the visual world across three screens like we see with iRacing and LFS. There the user has substantial control over the resolution of the display. NKP does, and the recent screens of AC across three screens look as if there is substantial warping of the display at the outer most edges.

Warping is common among Simbin's titles, and it's also existent in CARS. iRacing and LFS have no warp. I hope the future sees the same for AC.

Thank you,

Derek Speare

NB - if this is not the place for the post, please move it to where it should be posted :) :)

I thought it would be nice to have a simple UI for user to tune there triple screen AND fov, from my experience in iRacing most user were lost were there were only text and edit box to setup their screen/fov.
MultiViewConfig.jpg

This is awesome news!
Im glad this gets in, i consider this festure a standard one if you have a game that allows multiple screens.
And it's realism as well.

Well it doesn't have to mean that it gets in right away, he is trying it and if it works without much hassle, it might make it in... (I would guess). Anyway it is great that he is working on it and we maybe get it earlier than we all thought :)

great to see that they can start working on things that have lower priority!
I have three screens myself, but to be honest, I don't use the render separately option in iRacing, too much of an performance hit. I just have my monitors at a lower angle between them and use bezel compensation. Works good enough for me.

Cheers

Massarutto FB:
Today we worked on two completely different sides: separate rendering support for hardcore simmers who prefer triple screen solutions, advanced keyboard control for rookies. So everyone will be happy. Have a nice weekend

Stefano Casillo@KunosStefano
The triple screen code path is done.The math part is pretty hard tho, pls link any link to papers on multimonitor projection matrices.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back