Assetto Corsa on Three Screens

Derek Speare

@Simberia
UPDATE: Since the Tech Demo has been released, there is no question that AC will support three screens properly. My experience with the Tech Demo confirms that KS has nailed three screen support perfectly! TYVM, KS for implementing my request!

I have only one humble request for AC. I am sure it will be great in many aspects. However, I fear one area may not be like it should, and the recent screens don't augur well for my hope.

I would hope that AC does a perfect job at presenting the visual world across three screens like we see with iRacing and LFS. There the user has substantial control over the resolution of the display. NKP does, and the recent screens of AC across three screens look as if there is substantial warping of the display at the outer most edges.

Warping is common among Simbin's titles, and it's also existent in CARS. iRacing and LFS have no warp. I hope the future sees the same for AC.

Thank you,

Derek Speare

NB - if this is not the place for the post, please move it to where it should be posted :) :)

This may sound harsh, but if Asseto Corsa does not have proper support with triple screens like RF, RF2, Iracing, and others, I will not be buying it until it does, and i mean that.

Trying to play a sim without this support on three screens is a really horrible experience. Race07 doesn't have it, and it completely ruins the experience. I accept it (just) in this old sim, but not in a new one.

I get the feeling a few people here do not have triples but seem to have opinions on why it's not important. Odd.

Perhaps because of the reasons already stated I this thread? AC with great physics, FFB, AI and online capabilities but one screen only trumps proper multi screen support where one of the aforementioned pillars of any good sim has had to suffer because they where busy fixing multi mon support.
Furthermore I haven't seen anyone saying they thought it was unimportant, it's just not as highly prioritised as said pillars.
I'm sure Kunos will add proper multi mon support, and maybe prior to release, but they need to have a working game by the time they release else multi mon support will be quite a waste IMO.

How about a working game and multi monitor support? Who was asking they prioritize multi monitor support over, say, having cars that move around and can be controlled by the user?

I don't want my first day in AC to be all warped and fish-eye, so I am hoping this thread and others will make them at least try harder to get even a basic version in v1.0. Not going to stay silent on that just because others without triples want to tell me it's not important.

Nope, I'd rather people voice their opinions without it having to be wrong all the time.

If enough do say they'd like this support to come close to launch (not 6 months later, for example), then they may change some priorities around to get it close. They may deprioritise something not very significant that we as outsiders looking in can't possibly know about. It's up to Kunos to decide what is important and be smart, a few comments in a thread is not going to change it. All we can offer is informal input, they can then decide if it's worth it or not for there development cycle.

You being worried about it delaying the launch is input, too. I'm not saying it's wrong to voice it.

All i said is I'd like multi support on day one, is that so evil?

Perhaps because of the reasons already stated I this thread? AC with great physics, FFB, AI and online capabilities but one screen only trumps proper multi screen support where one of the aforementioned pillars of any good sim has had to suffer because they where busy fixing multi mon support.
Furthermore I haven't seen anyone saying they thought it was unimportant, it's just not as highly prioritised as said pillars.
I'm sure Kunos will add proper multi mon support, and maybe prior to release, but they need to have a working game by the time they release else multi mon support will be quite a waste IMO.
It´s like having 1 screen all morphed.
1 screen for you is everyday gaming. 3 screens is everyday gaming for me.

Imagine one day you woke up and the game deformed itself on your one screen so you barely could see what you were doing..
You probably would not buy that game.

AC has probably underestimated the triple screen viewers massively here but it will come as they say.

No not at all, but your remark about people's opinion being odd because they only race on one screen comes across weird to me. If 90% of the market runs single screen why is this not important to them and Kunos?
Personally I'd have no problems with it coming 6 months after release even if I where running three screens. If they have time they'll add it, if not then it'll have to wait, I've no issues with that at all.

It´s like having 1 screen all morphed.
1 screen for you is everyday gaming. 3 screens is everyday gaming for me.

Imagine one day you woke up and the game deformed itself on your one screen so you barely could see what you were doing..
You probably would not buy that game.

AC has probably underestimated the triple screen viewers massively here but it will come as they say.

I know about the issues when it's not supported, but I also know that there's nothing stopping you from playing the game on one screen only if it's making you feel ill :p
Now I don't want to rob you of your immersion, on the contrary I'm looking heavily into multi mon setups myself, but personally I just don't want to expect too much out of a small devteam, they're working their butts off and have said they'll add support when time allows it, that's a good enough answer for me. Have they underestimated their market? I have no way of finding out for sure, but I suspect that there's a lot of single mon users out there who rarely, if ever, go to forums and post about their hobby. Whereas those who are dedicated to the level of spending lots on gfx cards, monitors and other hardware on their sim racing hobby are far more prone to lurking forums due to their level of dedication to their hobby. I might be all wrong though. :)

The question was really simple: Can we have support for triples please!

That is a positive post in aid to all triple screen users. I for one fully expected the support to be in this sim from day one - this is a 2012 title after all. Now thanks to Derek, i know differently and can now relay my concern here - something i wouldn't have thought of doing before.

No one wants this title to be delayed, and if Kunos stated much later in the dev cycle that adding it would truly delay that title, I'd understand. But it is early days, and voicing opinions now is definitely worth it. They may just squeeze in work on multi-monitor support after this thread and the pole over some other feature that was just squeezing it out. Who can say.

So do I :p
I see your points entirely James, don't misunderstand me and think I don't support your wishes and hope for them too. I merely think people could do well with adjusting their expectations a bit, sorry if that came across the wrong way or whatnot.
Now I'm too tired to type so I won't bore you any more for a while :p

Hi Guys, here the polls I made on RF2 forums and LFS forums:

Remember than LFS is a sim where the simer are usually more casual and less """"rich"""".

Rf2 - Total 88
yes : 36 - 40.91
no : 48 - 54.55
yes in less than 6 month : 4 - 4.55%

Lfs - Total 99
Yes : 30 - 30.30%
No : 64 - 91.62%
Yes in less than 6 month : 6 - 8.08%

Of course forums poll must be interpreted right, most very casual simers dont go on forums or dont participate.
So I guess we can divide at least by 2 the results for 3 screen.

So I'll go for something around 15% of simers that play with 3 screens.

Another thought,

If Kunos want to inspire from iRacing or LFS, please choose LFS,their system is perfect, infinite numbers of screen, easy bezel tuning, angle between.

Also alow for us to shift the screen up/down/left/right, And I really mean shift the final 2D display not the camera position. It's not the same.

To have perfect immersion the center of rendering must be in front of simer's eyes, and because of different cockpit/desktop configuration most simers don't have their eyes in front of center of screens.

Cheers,
Seb

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back