Assetto Corsa: New cars, tracks and features released

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: New cars, tracks and features released

After a groundbreaking start on Steam Early Access for the new PC racing title Assetto Corsa. The development team have been working furiously on the delivering next release which is available for free for current owners of the Steam game.

The new version includes; new features, new drift mode, three new cars and two new tracks! Furthermore this free update also features several improvements....
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

that new tuned BMW e30 is awesome it has semislicks and wing settings
it sims really driving a real life car,,but only feels a bit slow after a session with a supercar ;-)

the bmw gt2 is still the best drive,once lowered on the springs to lower the centre of gravity
f60 r150 feels real nice

Was Just going to do Zonda R livery Nurburg Edition and you can not even Change the Livery?
This game is a joke nearly every other car as a different livery name why are some cars locked and some cars unlocked for the livery choice , Also why can we not change none of the Tires , So disappointed after waiting over a Year for this game ....????!!!
I can't change livery, buuuu buuu.
I am dissapointed? I dont know how to use question mark?
I was waiting whole year to change the tires and I can't? Except you can in the setup...

Since the update the FFB feels more damped, I'm using the same settings as before with all the kerb, road and slip effects turned off, and damping at 0.

Not sure if it's related but before when stationery the wheel felt very light when turning the wheels, now there is some resistance like low level damping.

Enjoying the update especially the M3 drift pack, where I've noticed you now have to manually blip and can shift lock drift.

So what are your initial impressions from the update?

I was quite curious about the Zonda R, because I trust kunos physics more than any other game/sim. I was surprised how planted the car is even in quite low speed and high revs. Hard to spin it out even then and without TC. Maybe it's the setup though.

The new lotus feels really fun to drive.

The P4/5 got a little lost for me atm because it felt as the middle car of them in a way I guess. Increasing the front wing 1 click and decreasing rear wing made it have some impressive handling in corners, made it more fun to drive too.

FFB got messed up for me with default settings.
Ended up with this after some testing: (G27)
Gain: 100
Filter: 0
Damping: 0
Kerb effects: 60
Road effects: 40
Slip effects: 75
Even though this feels ok with most cars, in the formula abarth in high speed it gets rattly still, even just going straight. Perhaps the devs need to dial this in individually for each car. And maybe lowering the massive increase in slip or road effects in high speed, because it gets way too hard on my wheel.
What settings did you guys end up with?

The sound improvements, I cant really notice in the old cars. Is it better? I dont think the sound is generally bad, mostly the Formula Abarth where it's hard to hear a clear enough difference in low revs vs rev limit.

The opacity of the ghost car is perfect now. Seem to get barely visible the closer you are to it, so it doesnt distract you like before.

Last edited:
Oh dear. There's always one.:rolleyes:
Every Game I have seen the Car Livery is always the Same Name / Like Genhigh Main,,,
This Game is the Only game I have Ever seen where all the Cars Liveries have different names ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?
Also some Cars you can change the Liveries and some cars you can not change the liveries ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
This Game always lead me to believe that it is a Modders Dream all along :O_o:
This is not the Case with everything I have seen upto now they have not got a Clue what they are doing ,,,,,,,,,,,, Agree or Disagree Could not care less ,,,, ;)

Was Just going to do Zonda R livery Nurburg Edition and you can not even Change the Livery?
This game is a joke nearly every other car as a different livery name why are some cars locked and some cars unlocked for the livery choice , Also why can we not change none of the Tires , So disappointed after waiting over a Year for this game ....????!!!
Letting users make liveries isn't their priority I think, they'll release modding tools once they're ready to support user mods.

Including templates with every car would have added megabytes to the download (18 cars x 5MB if they're like the Elise = 90MB; but the 458's main skin is 11MB which would make it near 200MB), which would make most users unhappy to satisfy the small minority who want to make skins.

I could post a python script to extract the .kn5 where the default texture's kept, but I'm not sure how much use that would be compared with letting Kunos release their own tools that actually understand the format properly.

Last edited:
My DFGT feels amazing straight out of the box with the new settings. Once the tires get up to temp I could feel the downforce planting the P4/5 through the sweepers at Mugello; still have a big smile on my face from that. Got away with a couple nice little slides until I heated the rears up a little to much and ran out of talent.
The Zonda is FAST!!!!!!! I'm going to be so far off pace with it but it is an absolute blast to drive at whatever my pace might be with it.

The new graphic settings are certainly welcomed and having a "tuned" version of a couple cars is pretty cool.

I can see the texture? So therefore it can be changed can't it?

You only need to do a new skin and name it Carpaint_D and put it into a new file, like the others.....or am I missing something?

I can see the texture? So therefore it can be changed can't it?

You only need to do a new skin and name it Carpaint_D and put it into a new file, like the others.....or am I missing something?
I Was missing that information m8 ,, Cheers that is all someone else had to say was rename the Texture Carpaint_D ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, So Simple ,, I checked the AC Forums other day for over 1 Hour and could not find that information ,,, Do you know what the Generic name for the Tires are m8 :thumbsup:

I can only comment on a couple of points so far (its only been 30 mins since I got a chance to setup the wheel).

FPS: so far much much improved. I was running triples at 3072x768 with the initial release, now I'm at 5760x1200 with almost the same fps (over 50 but I have a framerate lock to 60 enabled for testing so it could be capable of going higher).

Thats on low settings with the exception of world detail on medium, AF x2, FPF at 1, 90 degree fov. Bear in mind I'm on an iMac 27" with 2x Cinema displays powered by a 1gb ati 6970m laptop gpu. Thats pretty damn impressive & its only 0.20 release.

I've only tested the Lotus 49 so far as I can't compare the Zonda etc as they weren't there in 0.10 but the FFB feels more natural on my T500rs and shifting feels more accurate on the TH8RS with less mis-shifts and thats on default settings. The 49 now feels much more lively with the rear slippery under throttle as I would expect of the era.

The bacon sound of the gravel has been tempered somewhat. Less in your face and a more gradual roll-off which is excellent imho and the gravel on the wheels now fades more gradually.

Cons: Only 1 so far. My menus are all over the place now. They scaled to the centre monitor in triples perfectly in 0.10 but are now zoomed in in 0.20. Anyone know how to change this?

Edit: re the con it was scaling to my desktop res which was defaulting to 3072x768 but it would be nice if the game adopted your in game res rather than the desktop.

Last edited:
been fidling with the force feedback in the advanced setting menu
and its perfectly tunable to each ones personal liking

dont understand the complaints,can feel road,curves ,slides,griplevel
but has to be set up by ourself
seems that the ones complaining the hardest ,didnt set it ,but expected kunos to do it for them.

the Zonda is a real nice addition,needing a lot of wing though to drive without understeer
had it on 14 for a few laps on imola ,,smooth and easy drive

been fidling with the force feedback in the advanced setting menu
and its perfectly tunable to each ones personal liking

dont understand the complaints,can feel road,curves ,slides,griplevel
but has to be set up by ourself
seems that the ones complaining the hardest ,didnt set it ,but expected kunos to do it for them.

the Zonda is a real nice addition,needing a lot of wing though to drive without understeer
had it on 14 for a few laps on imola ,,smooth and easy drive
That Zonda feels terrible on my CSR Wheel like a Bag of Marbles no Control what so ever But what do I know I am a BOOB;)

Is each wheel getting defaults? Or are they generic for all controllers?

KS really need to give us per-controller defaults.

I'm happy there are more controls but this stuff ISN'T preference, it's a function of the real cars suspension, tyres and steering rack. Nothing more, nothing less.

Make it feel how YOU want it to feel KS, and I'll run with it.

If I don't like it then I can change it, but at least tell me how YOU want it to feel on a G25!

Dave

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back