Assetto Corsa - More JDM DLC Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa JDM Mazda MX5 Cup 2.jpg

Building up to the release of Assetto Corsa's latest DLC pack, Kunos Simulazioni have revealed another batch of sneak previews relating to the upcoming new content additions.

With the stirringly good images of the hotly anticipated Mazda MX5 Cup race car receiving more that their fair share of attention it is perhaps easy to discount the awesome Nissan 370Z Nismo that should prove a hit with drift fans throughout the game.

Already an impressively powerful and agile machine, the aid of the legendary Nismo tuning arm turns this relatively humble machine into a fire breathing beast that is sure to provide a delightfully engaging driving experience.

The Japanese DLC pack for Assetto Corsa is due for release on Wednesday 19th May. No firm details regarding exactly what can be expected in the upcoming pack have been revealed, adding yet more excitement to what is shaping up to be a promising new pack of cars for the simulator.

Keep an eye out for some great new community created skins for these latest cars in our RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Mods section.

RaceDepartment hold many great racing events using the Assetto Corsa software, check out our Assetto Corsa Racing Club for your chance to book a place on the grid at one of our many great racing nights.

Assetto Corsa JDM Mazda MX5 Cup 3.jpg Assetto Corsa JDM Mazda MX5 Cup Brands Hatch.jpg Assetto Corsa JDM Nissan Preview Black Cat County.jpg Assetto Corsa JDM Nissan Preview Interior.jpg Assetto Corsa JDM Mazda MX5 Cup.jpg Assetto Corsa JDM Nissan Preview 2.jpg Assetto Corsa JDM Nissan Preview On Track.jpg Assetto Corsa JDM Nissan Preview.jpg

Release day tomorrow... will you be purchasing the latest DLC from the Italian development team? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Insta purchase for me too. I simply feel good supporting them and want them to continue doing this.

Do we know if we will get fixes an improvements to the software or did Stefano already give up on adding new features? Looks like since the console announcement we are just getting cars, tracks and physics downgrades.

Have you been drinking rainwater, mate? Or did your pc catch a trojan?

Why is everybody always trying to defend bad planning?

A week before release Kunos knows EXACTLY what is in the pack, software development has stages (let's just call making a car that) and the last stage isn't "Add new stuff" but it's "don't touch it, it's already packed". Prior to that it's "fixing problems we found during Q/A" and before that it was "testing" and LOOOOONG before that it was "Let's see if we can create what we had in mind".

Really, we need some common sense in that regard.
Just like people thinking that companies work until last second whilst the CDs for consoles are already pressed a week ago to account for shipping...

I know game development teams encounter lots of "oh snap, we can't implement it the way we wanted to" moments, so all they can say upfront is "We try to put it in", but obviously you don't do that because it will cause a shitstorm if the feature then is missing.
But 1 week prior to release not announcing what's in, that's just cheap PR BS.
But Kunos announced with a good antecedence all the cars in the Japanese Pack, in dev diary 3/3. It was posted on 30th March this year, on the main website (not forum website), which then also was shared on the forum and social media.

"The most-wanted pack, including a number of vehicles requested by the community, will feature the new Mazda MX-5 road/cup car, the RX-7, the 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo, the Nissan GT-R 34, the Toyota Supra in three versions, and the Toyota AE-86 in two versions."

To me this doesn't look like bad planning, is just a normal announcement of upcoming content for the next dlc. Now if they want to surprise us with untold specifics of upgrade versions for some of the cars, that is something different to "bad planning" interpretations. What counts is that they announced the actual cars in the dlc, but without specifying which will be the upgrade versions. We will see that on release day.

I just ran a few laps in the MX-5 Global and it's a dream to drive even with the stock set-up. Much better than the old Iracing MX5, I gave up my subscription before the new MX5 was released on iracing so I can't compare to it.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 125 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 81 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 10.1%
  • €3001-5000