Assetto Corsa - More JDM DLC Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa JDM Mazda MX5 Cup 2.jpg

Building up to the release of Assetto Corsa's latest DLC pack, Kunos Simulazioni have revealed another batch of sneak previews relating to the upcoming new content additions.

With the stirringly good images of the hotly anticipated Mazda MX5 Cup race car receiving more that their fair share of attention it is perhaps easy to discount the awesome Nissan 370Z Nismo that should prove a hit with drift fans throughout the game.

Already an impressively powerful and agile machine, the aid of the legendary Nismo tuning arm turns this relatively humble machine into a fire breathing beast that is sure to provide a delightfully engaging driving experience.

The Japanese DLC pack for Assetto Corsa is due for release on Wednesday 19th May. No firm details regarding exactly what can be expected in the upcoming pack have been revealed, adding yet more excitement to what is shaping up to be a promising new pack of cars for the simulator.

Keep an eye out for some great new community created skins for these latest cars in our RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Mods section.

RaceDepartment hold many great racing events using the Assetto Corsa software, check out our Assetto Corsa Racing Club for your chance to book a place on the grid at one of our many great racing nights.

Assetto Corsa JDM Mazda MX5 Cup 3.jpg Assetto Corsa JDM Mazda MX5 Cup Brands Hatch.jpg Assetto Corsa JDM Nissan Preview Black Cat County.jpg Assetto Corsa JDM Nissan Preview Interior.jpg Assetto Corsa JDM Mazda MX5 Cup.jpg Assetto Corsa JDM Nissan Preview 2.jpg Assetto Corsa JDM Nissan Preview On Track.jpg Assetto Corsa JDM Nissan Preview.jpg

Release day tomorrow... will you be purchasing the latest DLC from the Italian development team? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
No, that's not adding more excitement, that's just poor customer communication.
I hate it when companies don't share informations in a timely manner.
The only timely manner is after its release, only then you will have all the information about what a product contains to make a purchase.
You don't know what the next McBurger will have until its release, even if they announce it two months prior. Is senseless to get annoyed or angry at the company for that. You don't know exactly how the next Apple product will be, even if they announce it. What really counts is the information after the product release. Since things and details will likely change during the development. For example in a racing game you may have a license on hold and the license holder only gives you the go on the last day.

Do we know if we will get fixes an improvements to the software or did Stefano already give up on adding new features? Looks like since the console announcement we are just getting cars, tracks and physics downgrades.

While getting new features is always desirable I disagree there has been anything like a physics downgrade recently. In fact I believe the opposite is the case. Assetto Corsa, with its new generation graphics has always been a sim in my library but I barely used it as was never fully convinced of its FFB and physics when compared to GSCE, AMS or rFactor 2 (even LFS). However, since 1.5.2 AC is getting much better. To the extent that is becoming my preferred sim even if I keep using them all (also R3R that I didn't mentioned above).
So not sure why you think there are physics downgrades. Where?

IMO AC is the sim with the highest potential to become the Total Racing Simulator: Great graphics, getting there on Great physics and also getting there on Great FFB. With the modding community it's generating and actively keeping VR in the agenda... They are at the top of the game!

Andreas Knöpke

Let's drive side by side!
I don't understand all the bitching about physics downgrades. :rolleyes:

To me since the V7 tires A LOT of the cars feel much better now. :thumbsup:

Best example: Try the McLaren F1 GTR now and compare it to previous versions. Now it finally takes some turns and has way less understeer. :)

Anyway, back to topic. Kunos always released DLC alongside certain game upgrades, so v1.6 should be on its way. And on Facebook they promised pre-alpha VR support today, so yeah, there are still feature upgrades coming for AC. :inlove:

And yeah, only a few hours till the Nippon cars are out. So curious to compare the MX-5 Cup against the (imho) super boring iRacing version. ;)

Good Lord... while I was busy doing my anti rain dance to stop this downpour and restore electricity to my land which apparently somehow worked like a charm, some utter savagery seems to have transpired in this thread. I just find this picture quite fitting.

XGtz1iB.jpg

I haven't driven the new MX-5 Cup in iracing yet, but a car with no power and slick tires is going to be pretty boring to drive. Should make for some amazing racing though. I have been told that there will a new series that uses it on SRS later today; can't wait!
Normally I hate driving slow cars in simracing games because the lack of sensory feedback makes it boring, but that car is actually pretty awesome. It's very lively.

The only timely manner is after its release
Why is everybody always trying to defend bad planning?

A week before release Kunos knows EXACTLY what is in the pack, software development has stages (let's just call making a car that) and the last stage isn't "Add new stuff" but it's "don't touch it, it's already packed". Prior to that it's "fixing problems we found during Q/A" and before that it was "testing" and LOOOOONG before that it was "Let's see if we can create what we had in mind".

Really, we need some common sense in that regard.
Just like people thinking that companies work until last second whilst the CDs for consoles are already pressed a week ago to account for shipping...

I know game development teams encounter lots of "oh snap, we can't implement it the way we wanted to" moments, so all they can say upfront is "We try to put it in", but obviously you don't do that because it will cause a shitstorm if the feature then is missing.
But 1 week prior to release not announcing what's in, that's just cheap PR BS.

SakL

Black flagged in a club race!
- Oculus Rift SDK 1.3 (WIP Pre Alpha)
- Fixed self shadowing on tyres
- Fixed wrong log output
- Dynamic controllers for turbo boost
- Added RPMS input to dynamic controllers
- Implementation of Scalable Apps
- Fixed replay Interface
- Fixed setup info screen
- Added filtered speed
- Fixed race non progression when player is not moving
- Improved MP collision system
- Improved AI fuel handling
- Shared Memory: return type from bool to int
- Fixed Hotlap Mode unlocking achievement through not valid laps
- Fixed deltaT for renderAudio
- Bodywork and horn volumes uses engineVolume
- Bodywork's smoothvalue use a different alpha
- Added analogic placeholder for car modellers
- Added option to draw driver's label on focused car (system\cfg\name_displayer.ini -> DRAW_FOCUSEDCAR)
- Fixed CameraCar bad nearplane when forcing camera mode change (see exiting from replay)
- Implementation of Chat App (system\cfg\chat_app.ini)
- SharedMemory: Moved AirTemp/RoadTemp from Static to Physics, old values in static are deprecated
- Timing use also the hour/minutes format
- Fixed GoToPits Cheat to start from the pits.
- Added 4 Wheel Steer systems (Nissan Skyline , Mazda RX7)
- acServerManager : storing Driver data also save the current model/skin, so through drag&drop the saved skin can be used on a new slot)
- Added flags indications for completed session in leaderboards
- F9 overlay leaderboard is now avoiding red colours for better differentiation of opponent proximity indicators
- Added new [ASSETTO_CORSA] SIMULATION_VALUE parameter. Increase the number to increase simulation value. Defaults to 0 for obvious reasons
- Engine performance is now dependent on air density/temperature
- New AWD transmission code, still WIP (Nissan Skyline & Alfa 155)
- Fixed pitstop window not appearing when AI retired some car
- Experimental heating corrections on semislick tyres for Lotus 2-11, Exige Scura, Exige 240 and S3, Lotus Elise SC, KTM X-Bow, Mazda MX5 ND, Toyota AE86 Tuned and Drift
- BOP for GT3 cars
- Improved Mercedes AMG GT3 data

BhZ

Simdriver for Singularity Racing
Why is everybody always trying to defend bad planning?

A week before release Kunos knows EXACTLY what is in the pack, software development has stages (let's just call making a car that) and the last stage isn't "Add new stuff" but it's "don't touch it, it's already packed". Prior to that it's "fixing problems we found during Q/A" and before that it was "testing" and LOOOOONG before that it was "Let's see if we can create what we had in mind".

Really, we need some common sense in that regard.
Just like people thinking that companies work until last second whilst the CDs for consoles are already pressed a week ago to account for shipping...

I know game development teams encounter lots of "oh snap, we can't implement it the way we wanted to" moments, so all they can say upfront is "We try to put it in", but obviously you don't do that because it will cause a shitstorm if the feature then is missing.
But 1 week prior to release not announcing what's in, that's just cheap PR BS.
What's your problem? What would you do if they showed it one week before the release? What would change then? Are you seriously complaining about it? Today the dlc and the update will be released. Then you will decide if you will continue to play AC or not. Just stop complaining about useless things.

I'm very new to the SIM racing community, and am really enjoying these forums & the RD US server races, but I do find it a bit shocking how picky/fussy/whiny some vocal members of the community are. Obviously just a noisy minority, but, having been a gamer since the late '80s I am absolutely blown away by how awesome Kunos/AC are. Really great to see a small developer killing it in the era of huge budget games from giant developers. Keep it up guys!!!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 120 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000