Overall effects strength: 100%
Spring effects strength: 0%
Damper effects Strength: 0%
Centering: 0%
Degrees: 900

Allow game to adjust settings CHECKED
Combined Pedals MUST BE DISABLED

In AC -> Controls -> Advanced

Force Feedback Gain: 85% (the overall strength of all effects).
Filter: 0% (helps to smooth out FFB effects).
Damping: 0% (helps by deadening the feel of the wheel and FFB effects).
Minimum Force: 5% (can assist with G27 deadzone issue & enhance FFB).

Kerb effects: adjust to personal taste ('rumble' effect caused by driving across a kerb).
Road effects: adjust to personal taste (additional wheel vibration to simulate the road/track surface).
Slip effects: adjust to personal taste (additional FFB effects to simulate a loss of traction).

Last edited:
I was using 3% dumping as suggested but after trying iracing again i knew what was missing. And it was just some more damping and unchecking canned effects (which cause most of the rattle on g27...).

Now im sitting at 10% damping, 0% filter (vs 3% and 5% according to Kunos), everything else as recommended : love it !

Is it only me that finds the 95% Force Feedback Gain too high?
Even though i have used my wheel for 4-5 hours on this game i think the forces applied on the wheel are too strong - so i left it at 40%

Is it only me that finds the 95% Force Feedback Gain too high?
Even though i have used my wheel for 4-5 hours on this game i think the forces applied on the wheel are too strong - so i left it at 40%

I think 95% FFB gain in-game with the G27 is way too high (at least here for me). It clips everywhere. I set 100% in the profile, 100% FFB Gain in the game Control Options, (all other forces to 0%) and usually set up 55-65% on the car setup, depending on what I´m driving.

i found a useful thread on calibrating wheel :
Force Feedback steeringwheel calibration

You should always calibrate the wheel and forcefeedback multiplier in the game to ensure you get the best, unclipped forcefeedback you can achieve with your hardware. The software mentioned in this thread is attached at the bottom.

1. Find the most linear setting for your hardware using wheelcheck
2. Find the maximal clipping free force feedback multiplier in Assetto Corsa using FFBClip app
3. Putting it all together

1. Using Wheelcheck
Use the "log 2" setting, let the program run through the tests and create the log file. It will be placed in your "documents" folder and be named <Log2 "Timestamp".CSV>. Import this file to a spreadsheet diagram using Force as Y axis and DeltaXdeg as X-axis. It is useful to scale the DeltaXdeg value from 0-100, meaning the maximum DeltaXdeg value in the CSV file counts as 100 and scale the graph accordingly.
Do this for several settings in your steeringwheel control panel, especially gain and any settings that can affect linearity. Consult the manual or ask in the respective thread for your hardware how to do this if you are unsure.
When you find the setting with the best linearity, note the maximum corresponding force equivalent (the scaled x-axis). Check the example below:

This is a graph made with the Thrustmaster T500RS steering wheel. There are two possible gain values that can be used here. 60% gain is the most linear overall if you count 0-100 force. But, looking at the 100% graph we see that this setting require less minimum force (meaning less deadzone around center) and it is still reasonably linear up to around 50% force. Which to choose is a judgement call.

t500graph1_zpsd394b45c.jpg

2. Using FFBClip app
Install the app, load up your favourite car and track combo and drive smoothly for at least five minutes. Note that any big crashes or off track moments can affect your result. Drive hard but without crashing.
The app will give you a recommended multiplier for the Assetto Corsa -> MAIN MENU -> OPTIONS -> CONTROLS -> ADVANCED -> Force feedback gain.
Put int he number here, do another run and ensure that your mild clipping stays within the 1% - 5% range. Hard clipping should be avoided, but some tracks and cars make it hard to avoid completely. A few % here is fine.
Now, you might wonder why we "allow" any mild clipping at all. The reason is the filter built into the ffbClip app. That will ensure that you still feel most of the bumps even if you are very close to clipping, thus maximizing the available force feedback strength.
And why do we need to maximize the force available? Because most consumer force feedback wheels on the market are nowhere close to being able to reproduce the realistic forces required, so we might as well get as close as we can. Now, some high-end wheels are strong enough, and for those few wheels (Leo Bodnar wheels and the like) there is a reason to limit the maximal hardware force generated. But even these few wheels will benefit from a clip-free input signal, so running the FFBClip app is strongly adviced even for those lucky few.

So, an example to show why mild clipping is a necessary compromise for consumer wheels:
If we look at the example here we have a situation where a car's FFB multiplier is tuned "perfectly" in a classical sense. The graph stays below clipping at al times. The yellow graph represent the filtered force feedback, and give an indication where the FFB multiplier for this car would end up, somewhere around 80%.

bump-noclip.jpg

In the next example we have raised the multiplier significantly, and the cipping here is very severe. Remember that anything over the red line in the graph is clipped, so in this example we will feel no bumps or detail in the wheel at al, just a constant force pulling the wheel to one side. If the car start to slide out or we hit a bump in this situation we will not feel it in the wheel at all.

bump-clip.jpg

In the last example we have tuned the ffb with FFBCip, and as we can see the yellow graph is very close to cipping, and some of the detail is lost! But, this is actualy desirable behaviour for most wheels. If we take a closer look at what's happening with the wheel here versus the first example with no clipping: We are turning hard, and hit bumps or a kerb that vibrate the wheel. This is what we want to happen, right? So, in this example we are turning hard, there is even more force here than in the first example, and the parts of the graph that goes below the red line means that we still get the vibrations in the wheel, it's just the top half of the bumps that are chopped off. So, we have increased the maximum force available AND we still get the buzz in the wheel over bumps and kerbs! Double whammy bonus! The increased multiplier means that small forces are amplified as well, such as small undulations and bumps when going straight, and minute forces of wheels slipping and effects of setup changes.

bump-edge.jpg

3. Putting it all together.
So, we now know the maximum force of our hardware, and we know the maximum multiplier we can have in the game to avoid clipping. So, to make it all come together nicely we need to match the two.
If you found a setting for your hardware that give you maximum force at 100% you are already finished! The ingame gain and hardware gain match up and you are good to go. Enjoy!
For those that chose a gain setting that has the max force at anything less than 100% need to muliply the max force percentage with the gain setting in FFBClip, and put this number in the MAIN MENU -> OPTIONS -> CONTROLS -> ADVANCED -> Force feedback gain.

Let's use the T500RS in the first example, and assume I chose the 100% gain setting in the driver control panel. This means my max hardware force is reached at 55% FFB signal from the game. For a certain car/track combination FFBClip came up with 107% as the optimal gain setting. So, I multiply the two: 1.07*0.55=0.59, or 59%. That is the final number to put into the MAIN MENU -> OPTIONS -> CONTROLS -> ADVANCED -> Force feedback gain. I now have the wheel gain and game gain working together to bring me the maximum force with just the right amount of clipping for maximum enjoyment and realism!

here is the link :

I retried AC now that there is the 1.0RC after spending quite some time in GSCE/formula vee and I can't seem to find a decent FFB setting, every time I brake I get major vibrations, the wheel feels also fairly lifeless, since everybody is saying that the FFB is much improved I must be doing something wrong as it does not feel that good to me: I currently have the canned effects at 0%, 75% ffb strength and 5% filter/damping

My current FFB settings for the Logitech G25 - probably will not suit anyone else, but I got the best feel I've had out of the game with this and set a PB at Monza with the Lotus GTC.

Logitech Profiler standard (101%, 100%, 100%, No Spring/Unticked, 900deg, Allow Changes Ticked)

10397277_10152597217308500_6631840217157875354_o.jpg

I am still tweaking it at the moment, but your settings look decent Connor i will try them for g27.
Im currently sitting at 100 / 100 / 100 and spring center ticked with 100, in AC 70 / 0 / 0 /30 /30/30

I can't find any decent explanation of the G27 profiler options though so if someone could redirect me to a source... ;)

I am still trying to replicate approximately what I feel on Iracing, I do not know if it is "right" but for example the skippy FFB is really awesome IMHO. I like how loose the wheel gets when you are loosing the car. The steering also counter steers more had. I would really appreciate if someone can give good insight about how FFB effects really work I am tired of tweaking ^^

You are best in Logitech Profiler setting 'centre spring' to 0 and unticking the box as it just creates a big 'spring' effect in the wheel that tries to wind it back to the middle all the time and ruins any feel you get from the FFB, in most people's opinion.

The looseness/roughness in the steering when car is about to lose grip is caused by wheel slip and Slip Effects, which is why I have them turned all the way up in my settings. That's one of the main FFB things I want at the wheel. As soon as I feel it rumbling/loosening, my brain/body start correcting the slip/skid without me even thinking about it.

Gain is the overall strength of the effects and usually needs to be turned down to 75% or less to avoid overmodulation or 'clipping' of the FFB

Filter smooths out spikes in the FFB by taking an average over a percentage of samples.

Damping is used to reduce the overall force of the individual effects but can ruin the feel if you turn it up too much as all the lumps, bumps and bangs start to feel the same.

Kerb Effects make a rumble when you go over a kerb

Road Effects add extra vibration for the bumps and track surface changes on the circuit.

Slip Effects increase the rumbling/shaking sensations you get when the wheels are about to lose traction just before it goes loose.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 7 5.6%