News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

I just woke up and read through all the pages and videos and everything I missed while i was sleeping. Just finished voting and commenting on the steam greenlight aswell.

Fantastic video by Lee Ross as always and it just makes me want to drive that Elise even more. Everything looks fantastic so far, the graphics, the animations!, vehicle movement etc...I'm loving it all but the only thing I'm disappointed about is the sound of the car. It reminds me of a time back in 2010 with a game called Gran Turismo 5. Assetto Corsa is without a doubt the most I've ever looked forward to for anything, ever, and I've been following its development ever since it was announced so to me its painful if the sounds aren't right.

I know the Lotus isn't the best sounding car in the world, but what I find odd is that The Lotus 49, the Pagani and even the Ferrari sounded fantastic even if the first two were recorded off screen! I know AC has better sounds than this so hopefully because it's only a tech preview, the sounds are temporary and not finished yet.

I went to youtube and listened to Lotus Elise SC sounds in many videos and the sound ingame is pretty much correct. On some videos you can hear the superchargers belt whine very loud, but i gather that those might have been altered with pulley kit etc. so the belt tension is different.

It's not the best sound but you can easily tell the difference from the sound in ac and the real sound. Hopefully they are placeholders and are being improved. I would of thought that they were so careful about this tech preview to release it with believable sounds. We know ac sounds better than this from watching previous offscreen videos.

Sounds are much more subjective than graphics, it appears to me. Pretty much everyone agrees that AC looks good graphically.

Some here say the sounds are accurate, and for you it is obviously not good. I'll hold reservation until I hear more cars ingame. Because now you are judging on just one example. An example that is known to sound bad in real life too :).

And don't forget, AC is very moddable. I'm sure some good sound modders will release sound mods. It's more important that the base of the game is solid.

cm-41097-050d7c82958505.gif

pwease+TAB.jpg

Sorry Kunos

You had me waiting so long for the Tech Preview that I finally had a better offer....................................................................

jessicaalba-cometobed.gif

sad-troll-story.gif

If you record stuff with fraps while driving, you could get some input lag. Generally, input lag has never been an issue with KS titles. Also, nobody complained about input lag at Gamescon. I would not worry on that.

Hmmm I hoped you were right but it's kinda confirmed now that there is lag.
Quote:
"We also have visual steering wheel lag.
I don't know how it reflects the actual processing delay.
It is almost as bad as Project Cars'."

I must get my hands on this myself!

Didn't we have this same discussion after Gamescom in August? Can't find the post anymore where somebody perfectly explained how screenrecordings work.

I run the TP on a solid 60 FPS and the so called lag isn't noticeable at all. To me it behaves similar to other sims out there.

Didn't we have this same discussion after Gamescom in August? Can't find the post anymore where somebody perfectly explained how screenrecordings work.

I run the TP on a solid 60 FPS and the so called lag isn't noticeable at all. To me it behaves similar to other sims out there.

I don't think Leo was talking about recording. I assume he knows what he says.
If there is lag they need to get rid of it till the final release.

Whatever, I need to see it myself, pretty simple. :p

Well... you saw lag in nkP or standard netkar anywhere? They're clinicaly precise... I don't believe Kunos would f... smthing up in such a sensitive thing.

All in all we will check this ourselves. SOON :cool:

I guess that I am lucky because I have yet to experience imput lag...I've read about it happening on iracing, GTR2, hell I'm pretty sure somebody has complained about it in Netkar Pro but I have either never experienced it or don't correctly realize what it is.

So Bram, when are you "allowed" to tell us your experiences (in detail) about the TP?

Leo Bodnar is one of the select few who have access to Assetto Corsa. He makes a device which can test how responsive monitors are. That's how much this guy hates input lag!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 13 34.2%