News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

Hmmm I've noticed something interessting watching the videos.

First the input lag in Pablos videos is way to much for racing, I hope he has some vsync stuff on or whatever. But more interessting is that the clouds are not the same as in Lee's videos (also no 3d clouds like in rF2). Does that mean that we have here dynamic weather and day/night stuff?

Some answers would be cool.

pablo himself explainned it on youtube

Pablo López 2 hours ago
in fact that was my fastest lap yet mate, its graphics somewhat delayed because i was recording and encoding with Xsplit on the background

So Bram, when are you "allowed" to tell us your experiences (in detail) about the TP?
As everybody is posting their previews already and don't respect any release dates anymore that moment would be now i think.

However we are not going to put a review of the TP online I think. Personally I am not a believer of previews and reviews as with too many games i have read really too much nonsense poo from man-cows over the years.

The best reviewers out there are you and the rest of the gaming world! Try the game yourself, test everything inside out and form your own opinion and don't let others tell you what to think. I think that is the best advice.

We did a hands-on after the Gamescom because both me and Yoeri couldn't stop talking about our impressions with the Lotus, BMW z4 and the various laser scanned tracks when we're racing down the German Autobahn with 220 km/h heading home :D But that was mainly a first impression.

RaceDepartment have given Kunos an honest quote that we fully stand for. That says it all from our point of view. Up to the devs if they are willing to share this with the community.

But lets hope the TP is out soon and make sure to let us know what you (and others) think Michael. Good points, bad points, I am sure its all very much appreciated by the devs and the community.

Fair enough Bram. I really hope that the video by BSNismo is an accurate representation of gameplay but for now I am just speculating and (very, very impatiently) waiting to try it myself. I really want to go test drive a Lotus to have a real world baseline but something tells me when I pull into the lot in my 94 bird the salesman will politely tell me to get the hell out. :D (if not he for sure will when he sees my income and credit score. :roflmao:)

It is, don't worry. I think it's a real shame that Kunos were kind of forced into letting guys release stuff due to that one guy releasing really poor footage. But i think it's a blessing in disguise really as i think the sim should be showed off more.

Yeah it is pretty sad actually aswell as all the other leaks (even from "big" websites). I for one don't care about bad videos because it wouldn't stop me from anything... but yeah I guess it made sense to release some proper footage from guys who know what they are doing...

By the way from some onboard videos it appears that the windscreen is dirty, is there dirt build-up in the TD?

They loved the physics, I think its safe to say we have nothing to worry about in the physics department.
Absolutely nothing to worry about indeed.

Actually to get excited about as in my opinion this give you the feeling you are driving a real car. Driving into corners especially when racing on the limit you can still feel everything and even if you over drive the car there is room for correction without having that snap oversteer you have in some other games.

Wondering if the TP we can replace/mod the sound.

Its a strange one with the sound , some videos sound quite close to the game others have allot more base to them and less whining.

I have been in a real Lotus Elise and one thing that makes quite a difference is if the roof is down or not and different configurations of the car will obviously change its sound profile quite heavily.

Personally I prefer deeper sounding cars as its more gentle on the ears when it comes to simulators. I'm Also more interested in the functional sound of the engine over raw accuracy. For example its nice to hear the engine bog down or change in pitch when the car skips over a large bump even if the actual tone or overall profile of the engine is quite far off from reality.

Another factor with the sound is what device you play the game sound through for example some games sound better through speakers others through headphones.

I hope Kunos release the TP to the public soon its frustrating looking at all the new videos but not getting a chance to actually play its like having an older brother not let you play sonic when you can clearly see it has potential to be a benchmark game for that generation. (
)

For the TD all I'm interested in are the core aspects of the physics everything else I think is comparatively easy to change and be improved.

From what they have said about moding I asume people should be able to change sounds but maybe not on the base cars ( who knows) . It will be really interesting to see what methods they used to implemented the sounds.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 57 70.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 17 21.0%