News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

The whole team was pretty let down by people posting videos of objectively bad quality, even though we kindly ask to wait. Not that people can't post whatever they want on internet, but as you know the first impression is very important for people, that why we worked hard to make the Tech Preview as polished as possible

Fortunately Pablo is here to the rescue the day with a proper video. Watch in HD and enjoy, this is Assetto Corsa.

I have had Netkar Pro for week - specifically for this and if you "pretty please" send me this well oiled piece of art, I will make it look perfect on youtube just like Pablo :D:geek::coffee::cry:

Looks a little like Iracing but without the amazing cost. That's good.

Well, you got only yourself to blame I guess, it seems like you got some pretty strange "journalists" on your mailing list. I don't know what you wrote in the email but even if you write it in HUGE red blinking letters people still wont be reading half of it, thats just how it works.

That's not how it normally works. I am on many mailing lists and at all times people respect an embargo.

In this case I think the communication was not so clear and the sanction for breaching the embargo was not mentioned, which for passionate people (i think all of them are supporters) equals release on the fly. All "leaked" photos and videos for sure have been posted with the best intentions but the outcome can be a disaster hence normal previews are always sanctioned.

Mess it up and you will never ever get a preview again. Lesson learned I think for both sides :)

the release of this TP may well bring about the biggest hotlap competition of any sim?
i'm guessing people will be doing the same car, same track for a number of weeks as they desperately try to hold out for the main version. maybe the winner should get a free copy courtesy of ...bram?:whistling:

Kunos could sponsor it, make it free copy to one of randomly picked top1000 times. :D
(would encourage more ppl to try)

Altho there might not be any kind of leaderboard.

Hmmm I've noticed something interessting watching the videos.

First the input lag in Pablos videos is way to much for racing, I hope he has some vsync stuff on or whatever. But more interessting is that the clouds are not the same as in Lee's videos (also no 3d clouds like in rF2). Does that mean that we have here dynamic weather and day/night stuff?

Some answers would be cool.

Hmmm I've noticed something interessting watching the videos.

First the input lag in Pablos videos is way to much for racing, I hope he has some vsync stuff on or whatever. But more interessting is that the clouds are not the same as in Lee's videos (also no 3d clouds like in rF2). Does that mean that we have here dynamic weather and day/night stuff?

Some answers would be cool.

If you record stuff with fraps while driving, you could get some input lag. Generally, input lag has never been an issue with KS titles. Also, nobody complained about input lag at Gamescon. I would not worry on that.

The only racing game that had inputlag that actually affected driving was pCars sometime ago, now it has been fixed (to my knowledge)

nVidia cards have this pre-rendered frames setting which does what it says renders frames into a buffer before draving them on the screen and this creates lag.
All simracers should learn to set always to 0 or 1 depending which is the lowest. And to do this everytime you upgrade your drivers. The default is something like "game dependant" etc, but best to set it manually to the lowest possible.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%