News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

I agree, but not something that we will be able to do in v1.0 for sure.
Besides, it's not so easy to convince car makers licensors that their cars will be...dirty ;)

Seriously!? I knew some manufacturers were averse to having their cars damaged in games, but to even restrict them being portrayed as anything other than spotless is mental! God help us if they start adopting these rules in the real world; Audi would have me sent to the Siberian gulags if they ever saw the state of my car!

If that's the case, could I at least request that Kunos consider putting in the facility to allow modders to use it, a kind of time-lapsed paint layer in the skin would do the trick I think?

Thanks again for the answer though :thumbsup:

Maybe if v1.0 is a success

Unless your definition of success differs from the norm, then yes, it's fairly certain to be a success! The graphics are obviously very good, the presentation (from what we've seen) seems to be on par with the big console racers, and you're including features such as the ideal line that will make it appealing to the, shall we say, 'less dedicated' racing games fans. All apparently without diluting the driving experience!? You must surely be quietly confident of what you've got on your hands?

You've got enough people excited that you should maybe start wandering around your local BMW dealer? :D

The only thing I'd say is that I haven't seen much sign of the game outside the usual sim racing websites yet? I'd even start speaking to motoring magazines about it - they'll surely be interested in it :thumbsup:

Actually BanjoMaster , I don't have the slightest idea. Honestly. It seems people like what we're doing with AC, but we don't know how many they are. We're trying to go to the mainstream videogame sites, but not much success until now, maybe when we will have the demo and videos... who knows.

We're just keep working focused and flat out and we will see what happens. My personal wish is to just be able to keep doing this work after AC, because I really really love it. Maybe with some more decent pay and normal work hours instead of 8:30 AM to 1:30 AM :D :D

My personal wish is to just be able to keep doing this work after AC, because I really really love it. Maybe with some more decent pay and normal work hours instead of 8:30 AM to 1:30 AM :D :D

I think you may be in the wrong line of work then Aris! I've got a mate who's a coder on GTA V, and he's hardly seen his wife and kid in about 8 months! You've chosen a job that you love, therefore you've given up the opportunity to be rich and relaxed. You can't have it both :D:D

I genuinely believe from watching the project evolve that it will be a success, and will be around for years to come. Just you watch :thumbsup:

I was physics dev for TDU1, and I did normal days work 8h / 19h.
And since 2008 I'm in a new studio on a new big project, and I'm doing 9h / 18h.
When a project is correctly directed and have enough people, no need for extra hours.
Video game is an art, working too much ruin inspiration and will.
When you are rested you are extra efficient.

Seb, more than 15y xp in Video Gaming industry ;)

thanks Aris for your reply, yeah, i know you guys are a group of 12, i just hope AC will be a success, step by step is the best way of course. Do you think Netkar Pro is a sucess? i mean in terms of money.. if i had to compare AC with GT5 with only 50 "premium" cars, which were brand new in the first release and a bit more circuits, the damage sucks, the online is so so.. and it sells millions of copies though.
i'm pretty confident about you guys delivering a great sim for the hardcore and not so hardcore simmers. i would definitly buy your "game/sim" over GT5 now that i've tried it. I can't even stop racing in Netkar Pro!
Please work hard on the sounds! in car sounds make the whole experience complete

Please work hard on the sounds! in car sounds make the whole experience complete

Couldnt agree more with that ... people allways talk about graphics but to me sounds are much more important (especially the tires)... tires sound feed back + steering wheel ffb + physics are the key for a good driving simulation ... but of course i also like a lot to see good graphics and good engine sounds:)

The importance of good sound is HUGE. I cannot stress this enough. When I play/race a car for the first time and the sound of the engine puts a smile on my face and gets me excited, I find myself coming back to that. This is why I have stopped playing GT5, there is no excitement with the sound. I don't feel it. Even playing an arcade game like Forza Horizon with a controller is giving me more excitement than GT5 did with a steering wheel just because I love hearing the sound of the car. When you combo excellent physics such as NKPro, with incredible sound like Simbins RRE, THAT to me is the perfect combination.

Aris, can you tell us anything at all about the sound engine in AC? Would you say the sounds will come close to thier real life counterparts?

+1 on the sounds. I always felt that was one of the weaker points of nKP.

Try the Raceroom demo from Simbin.... Impressive engine sounds. Dunno about tire skidding sounds.

For me the first eye opener in terms of sound was GTR1, it actually sounded like you were inside a car, it just put a smile on your face when the car was fired up in the pits...:cool:

I just want to add in the discussion that the more "personal" can become the sim to each player the better!
I look forward to see what we can do with the sim in this section as Aris said and in videos was explained that the UI is in html5 or something and we can change it in someway.

LFS has this "personalization" and in my opinion is one of its benefits and i find it smart to give to user/player the ability to have his options/configurations etc etc (look at facebook).
When i started sim racing(with lfs) i was feeling every time i opened it that i had my "garage" somewhere and i had to take my spesific car with my spesific options and go online to race...
I know it sounds a bit funny..
The more "personalazitaion" the more keeps u in the program/game/whatever...

The more options the better but in a smart/easy UI :D

PS:My post is out of sounds ur are talking but its an opinion that may add to the sim

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.