News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

hi, i´m wondering which version of windows 7 will work best with AC, currently i have a Core 2 Quad Q9550 with 4Gb Ram, and i have windows 7 32bit version, and of course i can´t use all the ram available.
do you recommend me upgrading to windows 7 64bit to make use of the full 4gb, with the option to upgrade to 8gb in the near future? currently i ran Netkar Pro and iRacing with no problems at all considering i´m using just 3gb of ram.. so i would like to know if there will be a real benefit in performance
thanks

Don't quote me on this, but I've got the impression that AC scales very well from the lowest spec (in line with the recommendations) to the highest, and can use everything you have.
I'd say to get the 64 bit version anyway, especially if you are planning on getting more memory in your system.

More and more, games and programmes are using the extra bandwidth that a 64 bit OS can offer, so it pays it's way in speed.

So my answer, yes, upgrade

@ Aristotelis

Dangerous move popping your head up in this thread at the minute :D You get folk like me pouncing on you!

Do you have any innocuous little snippets of information you can give us? Nothing that'll give the game away, just a bit of drip feeding to keep the jitters away ;)

nah, ok, 10 times is an exaggeration.
Difficult to make revolutions in simracing right now. But try to imagine physics of P&G and nKP together and then go quite beyond that, adding on top next gen graphics on laser scanned tracks.. it's cool no doubt :)

What do you want to know BanjoMaster :)

What do you want to know BanjoMaster :)

Wow, where to begin???? Trying to keep it light, and apart from the obvious (which I'm far too polite to ask outright), will the time of day be constant (i.e. you set it as 'morning', 'noon', etc.) and it stays that way, i.e. non-changing time of day (I realise night racing is not included yet)? Also, is it polite to ask if the M3 GT2 will make it into V1.0?

Grazie mille!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea