Assetto Corsa: Ferrari 458 GT2 Gameplay Video

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: Ferrari 458 GT2 Gameplay Video

[youtube]

Kunos Simulazione just released a new video from their already infamous iPad recorded developer videos series. This time featuring the Ferrari 458 GT2 racing around Autodromo di Monza.

The GT2 is driven in game at 12:00 o'clock in the afternoon without the use of any driving assists and the steering input comes from a Fanatec ClubSport Wheel.

The following hardware configuration was used while recording the session with an iPad:

Last edited:
I gotta admit I watched this on my phone at work and the movement looked kinda strange (like what people write in the comments of the video, that something "is off")... Then at home I downloaded the video from YT and watched it with VLC Player and boy does it look different, it is butter smooth and looks really really really awesome...Can't wait to drive that myself...

Hmmm. Not sure what to think of this. The car looks too light and too grippy, or is it just me ? :D

About the "too light/grippy" I think a lot of people are in for a surprise, I drove the Z4 at Monza (@Gamescon last year) and there is tons of grip, I am sure people will go crazy and go "to easy","arcade" and stuff like that (much like it was for GTR2, when the phyiscs were a lot better and there was actually grip compared to GTR1). You can actually drive the car in AC without any strange side effects even when you are not on the limit or over the limit), something what most sims are missing... Everybody could drive that car in real life without much trouble off the limit but as soon as you start to push it will get interesting (under braking, corners, acceleration) and this is what AC captures (from what I drove so far) a lot better than any other sim I drove before....

PS.: The sound @Lesmo 2 :inlove: :inlove::inlove:

Do you have some onboards showing GT2 at Monza? Doesn't have to be 458.

And tell me how on earth a Ferrari F1 car brakes basically at the same point as AC 458 GT2 (0:30s)?:

Also, why at Lesmos, the F1 car is only 10-15 km/h faster that AC 458 GT2?

Do you have some onboards showing GT2 at Monza? Doesn't have to be 458.

And tell me how on earth a Ferrari F1 car brakes basically at the same point as AC 458 GT2 (0:30s)?:

Well the F1 car is about 60Km/h faster and brakes later, seems legit to me.. We are talking about split seconds here which change the braking distances greatly, also keep in mind that Marco missed the apex so he should have braked a little earlier...

Anyway maybe it is just me but this discussion is pointless :)

No need to look at individual braking zones. Just take the laptime, compare it with real world.
If it now was spot on then the AC car is much faster then IRL because the lap shown was far from being considered a clean lap (which most likely was never the point of it)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%