Assetto Corsa: Ferrari 458 GT2 Gameplay Video

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: Ferrari 458 GT2 Gameplay Video

[youtube]

Kunos Simulazione just released a new video from their already infamous iPad recorded developer videos series. This time featuring the Ferrari 458 GT2 racing around Autodromo di Monza.

The GT2 is driven in game at 12:00 o'clock in the afternoon without the use of any driving assists and the steering input comes from a Fanatec ClubSport Wheel.

The following hardware configuration was used while recording the session with an iPad:

Last edited:
We all would know while we are enjoying driving racing sim there's a range of distance to be at our disposal under heavy braking as is usual in real life. And there are still a number of something to surely affect that, as mentioned, fuel, tyres, driving style, or just mistakes as you can see the untidy corner entrys.

Given or supposing that Ferrari would provide them with the car's details, tyre can be still odd for someone but braking performance is only something easy to make it right, which is not even a fundamental element in term of the basic physical model. So I think it's too early to say anything about braking distance at least at the moment.

GTC as a class usually refers to the cup-Porsches that race in ALMS. I dont know of a particular f458 that's called gtc so maybe some people just like to call the gte/gt2 spec car that way.

The F430 was called that way since 2007 (F430 GTC) and before that in 2006 F430 GT.
Same for the 458, 2011 (with sequential shifter) it was a 458 GT, now it's a 458 GTC. Some call it the 458 GTE to state it's racing in the GTE category.

I think I sort of have an OCD for these types of things... I just hate when people don't name cars correctly.

I have to agree. The reason I play sims is because I can't drive these cars in real-life. Yes it is completely irrational to be disappointed when you have to drive a Ferdinand 119 R3GTS Sport Cup when a modder has gone and driven a 911 GT3, taken data, meticulously modeled and got it bang on realistic (hypothetical - if only all modders could do this). But is just buzz kill when you know that badge isn't on the back.

It would be like taking order on a 458, but then receiving an MR2 with a bodykit because the dealer lost his license to sell Ferrari's. (Okay that is a little extreme but you get the idea.)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%