Assetto Corsa easy driving

A few videos of idiots who can't drive hardly proves any kind of point.

I've driven on tracks - it's pretty easy to go fast as you get lots of feedback from the car. That's lacking in Sims unless you can afford some $40K full motion rig.

Real cars are just not that hard to drive - fact. ;)

@Jarek Kostowski
LFS is 10x easier to drive than AC....
Depends a lot on car and point of view, i think. There might be more fitting words to describe AC's physics than "easier".
I'd say the LFS roadcars feel more natural to drive, they behave like i would expect them to which for me is more predictable = easier. That being said some of the AC roadcars are very good too.

But take my 1M example, the car feels off-throttle like a four-wheel-drive Audi S3 Quattro, understeery and unwilling to rotate. Most people would refer to such a handling as safer = easier to drive. For me this is not necessarily true either, because if a car doesn't behave like i expect it to, i'm obviously worse at driving it quickly.

A few videos of idiots who can't drive hardly proves any kind of point.

I've driven on tracks - it's pretty easy to go fast as you get lots of feedback from the car. That's lacking in Sims unless you can afford some $40K full motion rig.

Real cars are just not that hard to drive - fact. ;)

Writing "fact" behind your opinion doesn't make it a fact - fact ;).
It's hardly convincing if someone who claims to be seconds off the midfield and the slowest racer in town tries to explain how easy it is to drive a car at the limit. If something is easy you don't struggle with it.
It's not important how fast or slow anybody is and i don't think you have to be running world record splits to have an opinion, but i'm also not surprised that someone who doesn't get much into the range where cars come alive thinks they are very stable. It's definitely beneficial to have a bit of routine and experience on the limit to be able to evaluate physics.
How are the chances you have been able to get into the dynamic range of your car irl where fear comes into play if you have trouble doing so in a sim?

Of course you can be the worlds fastest alien and still be wrong with everything you say, too :).
IMHO it's not all black & white and it's hard to state any hard facts because so much of it is a matter of perception.

It's hardly convincing if someone who claims to be seconds off the midfield and the slowest racer in town tries to explain how easy it is to drive a car at the limit. If something is easy you don't struggle with it.
It's not important how fast or slow anybody is and i don't think you have to be running world record splits to have an opinion, but i'm also not surprised that someone who doesn't get much into the range where cars come alive thinks they are very stable. It's definitely beneficial to have a bit of routine and experience on the limit to be able to evaluate physics.
How are the chances you have been able to get into the dynamic range of your car irl where fear comes into play if you have trouble doing so in a sim?
Thanks for the disparaging and, frankly, insulting reply. You know nothing about me, nor my experience driving and racing real cars over my life.

I'll do us both a favour and add you to my ignore list, which up to today has only contained spammerbots. It seems to be where you belong. How you became a staff member here puzzles me. Goodbye.

Apparently I need some other staff member to block you for me. Why I should be forced to see posts by you just because you have a 'staff' tag is a complete mystery.

Don't bother replying, I have no interest in anything you have to say.

Thanks for the disparaging and, frankly, insulting reply. You know nothing about me, nor my experience driving and racing real cars over my life.

I'll do us both a favour and add you to my ignore list, which up to today has only contained spammerbots. It seems to be where you belong. How you became a staff member here puzzles me. Goodbye.

Apparently I need some other staff member to block you for me. Why I should be forced to see posts by you just because you have a 'staff' tag is a complete mystery.

Don't bother replying, I have no interest in anything you have to say.
Wow, this is very uncalled for.
I didn't mean to insult you at all, i've seen several posts of you claiming to be several seconds behind and your signature is "slowest racer in town". Nothing bad or insulting with that, i have the highest respect for some members of our club members that are a tiny bit slower but don't get discouraged by not being at the top in every race, good sport is what counts.
I think my point is valid and you don't need to feel attacked, i never claimed to be the fastest either.
All i'm saying is the slower you go, the safer it feels.
No need for such an reaction at all :thumbsdown:.

Edit: Honestly, we're discussing subjective matters on the internet, let's not get emotional about things and assume that people with a different opinion automatically are enemies or mean any harm. I did not imply better pace = better person!

Last edited:
@Connor Caple

i don,t think Jarek was trying to insult you at all what i think he meant to express was in general and not aim at you specificaly. the joy of a forum is that sometimes due to language difference an idea can be misinterpreted because the poster is not using the correct word cause english is not his first language. my first language is french so sometimes when i read a post i misinterprete it and i have to read it a few times to full get what the person want to really say and sometimes my choice of words is wrong and it create a misunderstanding because of it. one of the rule in communication is to confirm that what you read or hear is really what is the other person is really saying ;)

@Connor Caple

i don,t think Jarek was trying to insult you at all what i think he meant to express was in general and not aim at you specificaly. the joy of a forum is that sometimes due to language difference an idea can be misinterpreted because the poster is not using the correct word cause english is not his first language. my first language is french so sometimes when i read a post i misinterprete it and i have to read it a few times to full get what the person want to really say and sometimes my choice of words is wrong and it create a misunderstanding because of it. one of the rule in communication is to confirm that what you read or hear is really what is the other person is really saying ;)

Thanks Yves.
@Connor Caple you really took this the wrong way. As i said i'm not an Alien either, but i can keep up with the fast guys in some combos. Always doing my best to bring people up to pace (at least to my abilities, sometimes it works, sometimes not) and think people that define their egos by pace or their car are rather pitiful.
If we ever happen to meet in any sim here on RD i'd be happy to share my (or Yves';)) setups with you and help you improve, if i can and you want. This is not a war, we're here because this hobby is fun.

I still want him on my ignore list. I asked for no response, I got two including being tagged in one of them. So, insulting me and no respect for my wishes in the matter.

I am not interested in further communications in this matter - just give me a way to ignore him, like I would any other user who I did not wish to hear from, who did not have a 'staff' tag. I think that's a simple enough request.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back